Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Absentis hidden costs
http://wiki2.starsonata.com/index.php/Absentis

Blueprint cost
5 Platinum Bars (125m x 50 = 6.25b, + 5b from bars themselves = 11.25b)
20 Dark Matter (150m x 20 = 3b)
200 Quantumum (30m x 200 = 6b)
1b credits

Initial
100,000 Metals
10b credits
300 Promethium
1 Absconditus (1b credits, 1000 Promethium, Zeus Augmenter)

Periodic
1000 Promethium
20b credits

This is the total build cost. I'm including melting down the Dark Matter, Quantumum, and Platinum into ICs and selling them at an average price.

52,250,000,000. 52b credits. For a T20 ship.

This ship is more expensive to obtain than Zebra, Poseidon Wave, Isvas'ayu, and Delquadrikamdon.

The only sniper ship *more* expensive to obtain is the Twisted Vanguard, which is the top end and most expensive sniper ship in general. And the Absentis is *Tech 20*.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Absentis hidden costs
Absentis cost is probably calibrated to the market cost of a Lion in 2010. It is definitely quite high now compared to comparable T20 ships.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 am

anilv wrote:
Absentis cost is probably calibrated to the market cost of a Lion in 2010. It is definitely quite high now compared to comparable T20 ships.

Should still be reduced in cost because despite being a good T20 sniper ship, it isn't worth paying more for it compared to expensive T21 and T22 ships.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tako
Level: 5253

just change the costs to mostly credits since it's old content

rather than using parts that are innately valuable and can go into something else which is more modern.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 pm

nc44 wrote:
just change the costs to mostly credits since it's old content rather than using parts that are innately valuable and can go into something else which is more modern.

Even credit cost wise, it's still a pretty hefty price. It costs more than a full T22 ship on credits alone.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:35 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Upgrade it to T22. Problem solv. :P

https://sect.news/

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Max235 wrote:
nc44 wrote:
just change the costs to mostly credits since it's old content rather than using parts that are innately valuable and can go into something else which is more modern.

Even credit cost wise, it's still a pretty hefty price. It costs more than a full T22 ship on credits alone.

Not true. Pretty much all t22 ships have similar or higher credit cost.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm

The Salty One wrote:
Max235 wrote:
nc44 wrote:

Not true. Pretty much all t22 ships have similar or higher credit cost.

Kalthi Ships and Hybridized Pax Ships.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:59 pm
Main: Tako
Level: 5253

just make it tech19 or something?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:39 am

nc44 wrote:
just make it tech19 or something?

No, because it's built out of a T20 entry level ship, the Absconditus.

The point of this topic was to show that this relatively obscure T20 sniper ship has obscene cost to obtain price that is on par with T2 Aliens, which are roughly twice as good and with a simple Swfty Spry, will measure similar DPS burst but without the drawback of the massive +Vis on the Absentis tweak.

What you are paying for is a 0 size cloak, which while is one of the better cloaks, does not make up for the monster cost to obtain price and T20-status, because if you are paying for the cloak, then you can do the same exact thing with a ship that has an even better cloak and is a fraction of the Absentis' cost, the Jujuso'rka.

To recap:

If we're comparing to Isvas'ayu, the Absentis costs a lot more, has considerably less resists, does not have a 0 elect translocator, does not have a Submerger, and while has technically more burst dps, pays for it by with +Vis and -Speed. It is also T20 to the Isvas's T22 status.

If we're comparing to Jujuso'rka, the Absentis costs a fuck ton more, has similar but reshuffled resists, is a bit lighter, has a second hand cloak, and while has technically more burst dps, pays for it by with +Vis and -Speed.

All I want is to massively reduce the cost to be roughly on par with the Zebra, because it doesn't have a T21 "Hybridized" version like the Lion (or Zebra), so while it is good, the extreme costs mean it is actually easier to jump to T22 and into an Isvas over forking over the cash and resources for the Absentis, which because is already a T22 ship means that fancy Lunarian aug you built later doesn't require the actual T22 ship to obtain after you spent huge sums on the Absentis.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:25 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

The cost was set high originally both because it was back then a high end sniper ship and also because I really didnt like how complicated it was to build most other ships with modules and stuff.
I wanted the Absentis to be a easy build so I set the build cost a bit higher to compensate.

These days it's probably very much outdated which might warrant a reduced build cost. At the same time it's still supposed to be a high end T20 ship, if you dont feel it's worth the cost you can just use the Absconditus instead.

It's up to the content devs to decide though, I created both the Absconditus and Absentis but I have no strong opinion in this matter and Im not really up to date on all the newer ships so Im fine with whatever the content devs decide.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:08 am

I just don't want it to be an Enkelin: "It's not endgame so it's fine. *I* don't use it."

Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:01 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4880

How does a 10bil price tag sound?

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:06 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
How does a 10bil price tag sound?

That would be great, yes.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:41 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I think it should continue to require stuff like Platinum Bars. It shouldn't just be a cost of 10b raw credits.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 am