Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post pvp idea
at present ships can be recovered from tow station instantly

idea that at midgame you can make a permanent drone that when deployed will allow you to capture a ships "positronic brain".
and at endgame you can make an extra permanent drone that allows crushing of that ships brain.

if you kill someone in pvp thier ships brain ends up in the drone, thier ship in tow station
the capture drone will eventually release the brain at a time that is proportional to the tech of the ship, or on command from the owner, or on payment of ransom.
if the drone is full of an enemy ships soul it will provide a galaxy buff of some sort.
the victims ship cannot be recovered until it has it brain back.

the endgame drone which requires more skill and costs more allows crushing of the prisoners brain at the end of the capture period.
if a ships brain has been crushed its unable to be recovered from tow station until a replacement is bought.
the price of a replacement brain should be expensive in common currency but not onerous to obtain.
if a brain is crushed a global shout goes out. if a brain is marked for execution it comes on team chat.
event chat will show the player the time remaining to either

destuction of the host prison drone releases any captured brains and the ships can be towed again.
ransom could be set on the brain by the captor
bounty could be set by the victim to encourage anyone in the game to kill the prison drone.
There can be a skill that both extends capture time for prison drones and shortens prison time for captors.
either single drone with upgradeable capacity or one drone per prisoner with advanced drone for crushing.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: pvp idea
What is this even trying to accomplish?

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:30 pm

what you mean, like, why is it important to give fun incentives for PVP in general?
or you cant see how my specific idea gives fun incentives for pvp?

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

If you would be able to lay things out in the following structure, it would be easier for me to assess the suggestion.

1) The problem with the current state of the game
2) The reason this problem should be addressed promptly
3) The (one sentence) concept that you think addresses the problem
4) The details of the implementation of this concept and why they are necessary

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:57 am

someone who cares might translate the suggestion for you sometime, you'll like it

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

sabre198 wrote:
someone who cares might translate the suggestion for you sometime, you'll like it

Thanks. I figured you would care since you are the one who proposed it. This type of suggestion format is very helpful for us volunteer developers who do not have the resources to dissect every proposal that comes our way.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:03 pm