Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Re: Inflation needs to be dealt with.
Nap2p wrote:
I'm the one that decides when the bubble pops.

You just refuted your own argument. IF you have enough control over prices the decide WHEN a bubble pops, then you have enough control over prices to decide IF a bubble pops. Which means the only reason inflation is occuring is....you.

SO, my proposal stands, your ability to exert this influence on prices must be corrected out of the game.

Ty sir, you have given me the leverage i needed to get this done.

Wed May 22, 2019 12:12 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Which of your proverbial hills would you prefer to die on Rendghast?

Either
    A. Something happened when you were wrong about not selling docking augs, you're hindering the progress of new players and you're lying about literally nothing happening, or
    B. Nothing happened when you were wrong about not selling docking augs because there aren't any new players taking your advice and your crusade is wholly self-serving, but at least you were honest about literally nothing happening when you were wrong

Wed May 22, 2019 2:44 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

if the real premise of this discussion is that JYSN served an important transference of wealth from upper to mid levels and now has been removed with no apparent replacement then discuss that..

dem frags is kind of weak as that was already there if thats the answer. they dont solve the accumulation of junk loots which is just a non satisfactory experience. Dem frags are a bonus when working, shouldnt be your actual pay.

It seems on first look that JYSN did serve such a purpose if it allowed liquidation of daily daily crap loots into a common trading token. Why was they removed and what was they replaced with?

Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Tako
Level: 5253

lrellok wrote:
Nap2p wrote:

You just refuted your own argument. IF you have enough control over prices the decide WHEN a bubble pops, then you have enough control over prices to decide IF a bubble pops. Which means the only reason inflation is occuring is....you.

SO, my proposal stands, your ability to exert this influence on prices must be corrected out of the game.

you a stupid
you a stupid stupid

Wed May 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

lrellok wrote:
Nap2p wrote:

There is no inflation occurring. Nap's actually cut prices in the universe down and helped a lot of lower level players succeed because they can actually afford him. He's one of the most beneficial players in the game. Look at his shops in Free market and you can see how he benefits the game. He's not controlling prices to keep them high, he's keeping the balance at a competitive low which makes him the closest thing to an ally you'll ever get in terms of what you want. He is making things MORE affordable, he's making things EASIER to buy, he's giving MORE money for the items he buys. How many times do I have to say that because of Nap's work, people have an easier time in the game. What are you personally doing for the community?

https://sect.news/

Fri May 24, 2019 1:09 am
Profile WWW
Main: Cloud4481
Level: 3388

I thought about the JYSN issue for a while. Personally I think lower level players specifically need more ways to bring value in the game. The problem with that as it was stated was there was only a few limited places you could get items that could be turned for JYSN for any kind of value.
Still I foresee the removal of them without a real replacement, especially for the lower level players as it removes another way to make at little a bit of credits most likely only doing harm for the game in the long term. Now I could see if some kind of replacement was put into the game, but this simply did not occur.
Meaning there are less options then there were before to make credits.
On the plus side it looks like its easier then ever before for higher level to make credits now.
But this has appears to have only contributed to inflation, as now there are less credits going from the top down.
I have noted myself based on at least my play style that its definitely quite a bit harder to make credits in this game now then it was several universe resets ago and I can only imagine that means it even worse for the lower level player.
I would personally find it quite helpful to make a new character and reexamine the lower level content and see whats currently available to a player just starting out in the current economic scene and what can be done to improve their current economics.

sabre198 wrote:
if the real premise of this discussion is that JYSN served an important transference of wealth from upper to mid levels and now has been removed with no apparent replacement then discuss that..

dem frags is kind of weak as that was already there if thats the answer. they dont solve the accumulation of junk loots which is just a non satisfactory experience. Dem frags are a bonus when working, shouldnt be your actual pay.

It seems on first look that JYSN did serve such a purpose if it allowed liquidation of daily daily crap loots into a common trading token. Why was they removed and what was they replaced with?

Thats the problem partly right now with the current changes, there is no replacement for JYSN. I would say that yes a tiny bit of the problem is that there basically less the lower levels can get that the higher level players want and those less transference of wealth, but the economics are of course more complex then that and there is many factors currently at play, still though I imagine its not helping at the very least.

Fri May 24, 2019 12:04 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

I already did this cloud, and most of my suggestions were ignored. :P

https://sect.news/

Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 pm
Profile WWW