Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: New Uni opinions - ya yours
The Voomy One wrote:
I still say it should be one player (account) , one galaxy. You should be able to find a galaxy and temporary flag it as owned, once you have done this no one other then you would be able to build in it for 24 hours. Only possible to flag one galaxy per account.
This would take out the massive stress and frustration at uni resets which is one of my biggest concerns with a new uni.

A single player going around killing everyone in sight who tries to build bases is also extremely bad and should be taken out somehow, it can ruin a whole uni for a person or even a whole team. Not good for the game and not good for the players.

thank you, finally someone who agrees with me

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:45 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ivelios
Level: 6452

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:
I still say it should be one player (account) , one galaxy. You should be able to find a galaxy and temporary flag it as owned, once you have done this no one other then you would be able to build in it for 24 hours. Only possible to flag one galaxy per account.
This would take out the massive stress and frustration at uni resets which is one of my biggest concerns with a new uni.

A single player going around killing everyone in sight who tries to build bases is also extremely bad and should be taken out somehow, it can ruin a whole uni for a person or even a whole team. Not good for the game and not good for the players.

Some people have more than one account. If I buy 10 accounts, should I be able to own 10 galaxies?

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:46 am
over 9000!

Ivelios wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

yes, but ppl now have like the capability to own 4 gals per acc. 40 gals per 1 little person who can stand any siege thru powerful bases designed to stay alive = all out war
Some people have more than one account. If I buy 10 accounts, should I be able to own 10 galaxies?

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:49 am
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

If your not fast enough to get a gal that's your fault, Fight for your gals, Building is not meant to be easy ya know

Its called UNI RUSH for a reason

I dislike there was no 3 tier commod's, That was a big fuckup

- Minch

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:08 am
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Sharky99x
Level: 2766

Meh forget my post up there about no tier 3 commods... after searchin the forums i EVENTUALLY! found the post. Why is this not in News ?

Its uni reset, I dont have time to look in every single forum and currently to know everything about this uni you need to look in Updates, Bugs, Dev Notes and Misc to know everything that is wrong with this uni.

There should be a post in one place listing the important facts about this uni (new changes and current bugs).

Whats going on ? You guys were getting better but lately it seems you have gone back 2 steps and become disorganised again. Im find near impossible to get all the information I need to know about this uni to play the game !!!!!

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:32 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: Amorea
Level: 2934

if you ask me this uni is not feeling right at all.....i mean come on its kinda messed up

i say add bp's in FM for t3 commods using silver dimonds or something to make them it does'nt fix it but it'll help

you think it ok atm but wait till its been a few months and there are no t3 commods AT ALL uni will halt nothing good will be build...ect

Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 8011

Good:
Love the juxtas and concourse.
Very few green cap ships afaik
Micron, even though undocking there crashes my game, anyone know anything about this?

Horrible:
All the DGs beyond DF 450 (goes up to 640) are full of MF reavers.
W3 has like no roaming AI, totally empty.
Outstanding job on the T3 commods... I was gonna make cool gear this uni but noooo...
I still need a fracking Nate's emblem FFS

PS. buying Nate's emblem

I have reasons for why I do things.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:33 am
over 9000!

good:
micron
concourse

bad:
lack of gals
no tier3 commods and few t2 commods
poor gals
players with crap bases and 1 per gal, but team is exactly number 4 in the rankings

Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:45 am
Contributor
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 5000

Serpica = W1 :mrgreen:
Absolution = W1 :mrgreen:

Less Low level AI = Bad
Less Ragnarok Swarms = Good

Micron = Good
No use for Racer Medals = Bad

A few other things, but i cant be assed, got homework to do.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: Exo
Level: 4586

Personally i'd like more galaxies to be placed in because of the rapid growth of members and f2ps spamming w0 and also Voomy, one person going around killing people who build. Theres things called perminant drones, mobile drones or even team members?. The builders should be smart and lay some protection instead of relying on their ships shields alone or the power of the admins to mega nerf a lone pvper.

Honestly the pvp system isn't fair because you kill they drop GG and you'll never get their gear unless you camp. There should be a new pvp thing instead of Glory and Infamy that allows you to dock at certain bases when you attain enough.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:24 pm
Main: Hermes
Level: 3276

How about some top tier commods spawned this uni? :P

But yeah, more w3 gal's that can be built in would be nice.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:37 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

The Voomy One wrote:

No No No No No.

Its the entire point of the uni rush. It gives such a rush to have a race for space that will determine how the next 3 months go. Yes there are people out there trying to kill you, yes there is pressure to find a good galaxy before anyone else does, yes if you lay a lousy base, someone might come along and contest your claim. Thats what makes it all fun.

I remember being in a war during the uni reset. It made it even more fun, even though my base got blown up about 4 times before things settled down. This is the only real competition in the game. It brings out the pvp'ers, and it lets the base builders have some means for competition. It even lets the base builders have a go at the pvp'ers because they have to race to lay a good base that can kill would be pirates, whereas in the middle of a uni neither would touch each other because bases are too strong in the galaxy and the base builder wont go into places where he can be pvp'd.

Those 5-30 minutes of rush every 3 months is why i love this game. if you put in staking claims and took out the random pvp'er it would just plain suck.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:34 pm
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

Enjoy:
- Upcoming events?! ;)

Dislike:
- Uni rush. This can make and break an uni for a person.
When Client 2 arrives and at the time SS does a good advertisements compagne then the member base could increase, maybe even explode (hopefully). Dunno. It would be too hard to even get a gal every uni.

Possible solution:
- A low tech 'single player' gal with only basic commods and mid commods at most. Without the possibility to make colonies and without the ability to use T16-T20 Blue prints. feature only accessible for only p2p to make it not exploitable and it could encourage some f2p to get p2p.
The normal uni will have the better commods and ruins etc. So there will still be a rush.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

allright..first off..BAD BAD BAD! no crashes in the new uni! first time out i found a bitchen gal. dropped a base and what happens? fucking uni dies.. i had to make do with some shitty little w1 gal. :?

admins be fired for dat bit. :roll:

next we need the new colony commoditys added to the colony buy/sell lists. this could probably be done before the next patch. *shrugs*

after that. there are a lot of missing links for missile stuff. like where do we get these bps for the higher tech capital ship and normal ship launchers? we need these taken care of.

then theres the no tier3 commoditys..thats kinda nasty...nobody will be able to build high tech stuff pretty soon when the stashes run out. what about temporarily adding these commoditys @ market value from last uni into bases like the horrible rocky galaxys? im sure this would not break things any worse since the tier3 commods died.

need new graphics for the HQ kits. something evil and starbase looking would be nice. and that faranji tech 10 kit glow would look pretty manevolent and nice.

lets see.. hmm yes. still a problem with every fucking DG being high vis..any chance you guys could fix stealth this uni? there are few if any places to DG anymore for stealth classes everything is too fucking bright..you could have fixed the whole solar panel problem by reducing the number of insane bright suns. all of south w3 was impassable at one point because of ai and the bright suns and insane radar on ai.

next bit. Sniper and Drone master? weren't these due to be taken into the shop and beaten around a bit with a hammer till their mailable existences were better balanced?

my two cents on the matter..still a lot to do and after the botched uni reset you will have to make it up to me in some way. :P

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:13 pm
Team: Infernal Empire
Main: flavio_br2
Level: 2356

good > you can move stuff in mass between ships.

bad >
1-> you can´t move stuff in mass between ships and bases.

2-> the space to build: Main problem here is, with this amount players, uni was full in 30 minutes after reset. I can´t image when SS has more players. Maybe that new base system better this. I guess SS need to give better reason to big teans/old players try to build in w3 to open space to others in w0/1/2, like special commods/ruins. I guess to build in w3 could be more difficult, been a challenge bigger.

3-> we need more commods to sell to ai bases/colonies.

4-> these small asteroid belts in galaxy without planets.

5-> a second prometium source different than asteriods.

8-)

sorry for my bad English

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:40 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next