Poll ended at Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:00 pm
YES 54%  54%  [ 13 ]
NO 46%  46%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 24

Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

No - that's not it. I've just looked at the code pretty thoroughly and can't see any way that the slave stasis gen will not work unless it's not equipped or not high enough tech level for the ship hull.

Was there some weird circumstance involved? Was the salve in a userbase that got blown up? Was it in an arena or some other abnormal galaxy?

There's one thing with the GG's, though. If you have two GG's equipped and they are of different tech levels, that can screw things up, because the code only looks at the first equipped GG that it finds.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Team: KMK
Main: D'argo
Level: 201

it was very odd he came in to help distract a few dozen prettys that decided to keep shooting me with hairspray and then when i got out he said he could not find it and i know it did not die becuase that would have been in the events window which it was not. the gal was the one off antediluvia owned/protected by twilight maybe that had something todo with it?

Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:21 pm
Team:
Main: Revan98071
Level: 397

it was very odd he came in to help distract a few dozen prettys that decided to keep shooting me with hairspray and then when i got out he said he could not find it and i know it did not die becuase that would have been in the events window which it was not. the gal was the one off antediluvia owned/protected by twilight maybe that had something todo with it?

Huh?

Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:22 pm
Team: Traders
Main: 530iM
Level: 3191

No - that's not it. I've just looked at the code pretty thoroughly and can't see any way that the slave stasis gen will not work unless it's not equipped or not high enough tech level for the ship hull.

Was there some weird circumstance involved? Was the salve in a userbase that got blown up? Was it in an arena or some other abnormal galaxy?

There's one thing with the GG's, though. If you have two GG's equipped and they are of different tech levels, that can screw things up, because the code only looks at the first equipped GG that it finds.

Jeff, just to give you as much info as i have.

Hull was Pax Celestica, Slave Stasis Gen 12 was equipped.

I was killed in a protected galaxy. I then went to program slaves to leave the galaxy, and dock and deactivate in nearby galaxy, and only one of my slaves was visible on radar. I then went into posessions, and only one was listed, the other had gone. I logged, but it did not reappear.

I am 100% positive the stasis gens were euipped, there is no question that they were not. Also, they had been equipped in the new universe, not the previous one.

Being the kind, considerate person that i am, i let my slaves enjoy a better quality of augs/shield/engine than i had myself.

IDK, i have lost a fair share of expensive items, in the relatively short space of time i have played. This loss is different.

Example, if you non Slave Mastery people equipped a decent shield , augs and engine to your own ship, and they were lost in battle....would you just sit back and take it on the chin....
NO, i think not.

Thats the way i feel. Fair enough a slave may lose its equipment, but not the engine, augs, shield....and the actual hull itself.

Good luck Jeff getting to the bottom of this one..
Regards,

530iM

Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:40 pm
Main: Shock
Level: 473

Come on... That's even worse reason than why I am leaving!

Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:15 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Most people dont mind loosing things to parts of the game that incur such loses, but for an unkown bug to screw them over well its like someone cutting off your arm then asking you to give them money.

~ferret

Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:45 am
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

uhh u can ask for ur slave back if something like this happens......... just get an admin..

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:27 pm

uhh u can ask for ur slave back if something like this happens......... just get an admin..

Hmm, i have tried to PM them, but no responses. ( I think i can only reply to PM's on the forum, and not send new ones myself?? Another bug maybe?)

Having been away a week now, i have tried EVERY free/trial Online Game i could find.............NOTHING comes close to this game.

I have calmed down now, and Junkies advice was good, a breather from the game has worked.

So now ADMINS.... PLEASE may i have returned to me my precious Pax Celestica slave.....intact with contents as it was before it vanished from me. It vanished on Thursday 8th December.

The cost of it was close to 2 bill, and that is still a killer when i think of it.

A thankyou to the people who PM'd me offering to give me back some of the lost items, but i would not feel happy doing that. If i had lost the slave through my own actions...then im the fool. In this case it was not.

Thankyou....i've really missed this game......glad to be back

530iM

Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:36 am
Main: Xantra II
Level: 218

Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:51 am

what was on it?

Pax Celestica
JuJu Embada
MFC
Osbidian Ioniser
OHL
FireBeam
a laser weapon, cannot remember (probably a dropped item)
OS2
Induru Hull Expander
Stasis Gen 12
Crystal Ball Radar
A charger, cannot remember which one
Lords Solar Collector
3 Dio Augs

I have just started playing again, and docked my trading slaves....... one of them has docked and i scompletely empoty of ALL equipment???

I have relogged, but still the same. These slave bugs are now getting worse. This slave was only a rosfire, carrying crap to my station so no great loss.

Why is it when i PM JeffL from the forum, it stays in outbox, and not in sent items??

PLEASE can you pm me any admin... i am unable to contact yourselves.

Thanks.

530iM

Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:59 am

OK, I know that the developers are busy people, but....

I sent lots of PM's to Code, Atlum and JeffL

I got various replies saying they ere too buy ATM etc, but they would.

Its only been just over two weeks, but it seems like an eternity to me...

If it is gonna be difficult to get my slave back, im sorry, but to lose it completely because of a glitch, well that just sucks.

BTW, i no longer equip good items to slaves, just items that ai's drop now.
SO DEVS, please can you look into this for me??? I worked hard for some of the items i lost...... and some cannot be replaced as they were earned from a mission..

Thankyou, and have a good time over Christmas & New Year,

530iM

Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:49 pm

double poster.

HMM, well, this is the only thread about this particular bug and loss??

so why dont you go boil your head, and save your irrelevent comments for intimate times with your 'maybe' future partners.

Thanks for totally meaningless input fool.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:21 pm
Main: Xantra II
Level: 218

when i had the problem with my CC, i found jeff was immensly helpful.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:44 pm