Team: Tech's Team
Main: Commander Chipmunks
Level: 1432

Post Re: New Uni opinions - ya yours
Negative.....
1- lack of w0 gals
2- low level ai are too aggresive to players that are 1000% higher in level than them (like my level 12 alt in a bulk+ with a crap shield getting pwned by a level 2 mini volcom, and in sol too)
3- the near impossibility for low levels to keep bases alive

Positive.....
1- The amount of ai
2- The diversity of the classes (i think they could be beefed a little)
3- The gameplay, i.e. its different than any other game ive played

thats my two moolahs

JonC wrote:
We ... royally screwed up.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Team: Defiant
Main: Xenosys
Level: 154

Junior Chipmunks wrote:
Negative.....
1- lack of w0 gals
2- low level ai are too aggresive to players that are 1000% higher in level than them (like my level 12 alt in a bulk+ with a crap shield getting pwned by a level 2 mini volcom, and in sol too)

Positive.....
1- The amount of ai

thats my two moolahs

"lack of w0 gals"
If there were more w0 galaxies, there would just be more areas for f2ps to fill with their POS bases.

"low level ai are too aggressive to players that are higher in level"
That example is a 10 level difference. Not much at all. I don't have a problem with AI that are 50-100 levels away from me. If I run a freighter through an area that's dangerous, I bring a better shield.

"the near impossibility for low levels to keep bases alive"
It's not anyone else's fault but yours if you can't keep the nearby aggro flyswatters from one-hitting your puny t0 base kit.

As for the positive things, yes. :D

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:13 pm
Team: East Vindia Raiders
Main: Sicuro
Level: 1540

Wasn't that a complete load of verbal crap on your behalf Hyperiant. FTP bashes are as predictable as the bashers which bashingly attend them in a bashing fashion of bastisity.

How about next time you have the urge to type something on the fora, you provide some substance to the conversation instead of spewing out a pointless flame or nonconstructive remark. It will save me the time and effort devoted to flaming the flamers with my Flaming Troll Club of Divined Hypocritical Flameflastasity. Verstanden?

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

Sicuro wrote:
Wasn't that a complete load of verbal crap on your behalf Hyperiant. FTP bashes are as predictable as the bashers which bashingly attend them in a bashing fashion of bastisity.

How about next time you have the urge to type something on the fora, you provide some substance to the conversation instead of spewing out a pointless flame or nonconstructive remark. It will save me the time and effort devoted to flaming the flamers with my Flaming Troll Club of Divined Hypocritical Flameflastasity. Verstanden?

His sig says he's not f2p. I was just trying to rip his points to shreds.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:07 pm
Team: East Vindia Raiders
Main: Sicuro
Level: 1540

I am not referring to Chipmunk but the manner you posted in general. We do not need to discuss this any further if you don't want to. I will cease to assault you any further on the subject.

I am separated from the community on the entire F2P versus P2P front. F2Ps are good for the game and their promotion by lifting limitations, under a stable client, would give the game an immense amount of prosperity. A lot of P2P see themselves as "higher class members" and bluntly ignore the logic to an open F2P player base.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:31 pm
Profile WWW

Sicuro wrote:
I am not referring to Chipmunk but the manner you posted in general. We do not need to discuss this any further if you don't want to. I will cease to assault you any further on the subject.

I am separated from the community on the entire F2P versus P2P front. F2Ps are good for the game and their promotion by lifting limitations, under a stable client, would give the game an immense amount of prosperity. A lot of P2P see themselves as "higher class members" and bluntly ignore the logic to an open F2P player base.

Any more discussion on this will derail the topic.

But I do see your point.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:37 pm
Team: Tech's Team
Main: Commander Chipmunks
Level: 1432

Hyperiant wrote:
Junior Chipmunks wrote:
Negative.....
1- lack of w0 gals

Positive.....
1- The amount of ai

thats my two moolahs

"lack of w0 gals"
If there were more w0 galaxies, there would just be more areas for f2ps to fill with their POS bases.

"low level ai are too aggressive to players that are higher in level"
That example is a 10 level difference. Not much at all. I don't have a problem with AI that are 50-100 levels away from me. If I run a freighter through an area that's dangerous, I bring a better shield.

"the near impossibility for low levels to keep bases alive"
It's not anyone else's fault but yours if you can't keep the nearby aggro flyswatters from one-hitting your puny t0 base kit.

As for the positive things, yes. :D

let me explain myself a little better

When i started playing, there were tons of w0 gals, and it did seem to help me level up better than the amount there is now

My level 12 or so alt does not have shielding skill, i put lots of Support focus on it so i could make big deliveries, i didnt spend much on anything else.

and the near impossibility to keep bases alive part, my main has sufficient skills to arm a base (on the low end though) and i set it and go to bed for the night and i wake up and log on, and its dead, same thing with my team mate ( who is (i think) around level 200 (i havent been on in a little while to see))

JonC wrote:
We ... royally screwed up.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:45 am
Profile WWW

Junior Chipmunks wrote:
Negative.....
1- lack of w0 gals

That is meant to be like that, admins have reduced the size.
This is to have less space for f2p to build bases which are not killable by other players.
A lot of p2p simply "hate" f2p, especially if they build bases.

Junior Chipmunks wrote:

2- low level ai are too aggresive to players that are 1000% higher in level than them (like my level 12 alt ...

This is the side effekt of the improved low lvl AI to player aggro and it is meant like that.
As far as I can tell this is partially also done to improve dangers to f2p bases in w0 - to further reduce the amount of those. reason see above

Junior Chipmunks wrote:

That's only true for new players - long term f2p have not a real problem with that, if they want to

All in all the things mentioned above were done mainly to satisfy p2p (p2p f2p haters) by reducing the available space and possiblity for f2p's to build bases.
This effekts of course mostly new players and only a bit the long term f2p but that is nothing surprising.

The points you mentioned are designed to be like that.
It seems to have payed of - the amount of forum topics regarding f2p's and base building has diminished by a lot.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:42 am