Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

Post Re: Where are we (the devs) dropping the ball?
You kinda read alittle too much into what i typed.

My point was to make it so you cant just jump and and *poof* dead uber and sweet loot a couple seconds later.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:21 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Demiser of D wrote:
Copper blob is supposed to be one of the easiest ubers to do. It rarely drops good loot, its in W0 or W1 usually, and its for the most basic of t20 skills...it should be on par with scorch or speedy, TBH. Which it is. Its a good, fun fight, designed for lowish(level 500) players.

I would really like to see what would happen if there was a complete system reset like has been suggested before. If people had to kill the blob with porps and OS torts, would they still cry that its so weak?

yes because if you can make a ship go above 300 and have a Vmag you automatically win without ever being hit if you make the same thing that only goes 250 you still win and get hit twice

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:24 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

getting a Vmag is probably harder than killing the blob.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:26 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Demiser of D wrote:
getting a Vmag is probably harder than killing the blob.

getting a vmag requires that you kill an MF rosemary boss in a dg which i can do with a fotg and no fuel

But the fact is blob isnt a zebu its an uber so it should reflect that

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

siiigh.....I can oneshot a zebu....i ALLMOST died to the blob. Using all t20 gear, i might add. a bad press of a button and i'd have died. I think that what should happen is you cannot use the tech you get from that area in certain bosses lairs. EX, No GG20 in there.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:57 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gerchferder
Level: 4277

Demiser of D wrote:
siiigh.....I can oneshot a zebu....i ALLMOST died to the blob. Using all t20 gear, i might add. a bad press of a button and i'd have died. I think that what should happen is you cannot use the tech you get from that area in certain bosses lairs. EX, No GG20 in there.

And of course you can do this as a f2p? :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:32 pm
Main: Lord Blaster5
Level: 2171

Gerchferder wrote:

And of course you can do this as a f2p? :mrgreen:

He's not an f2p, his main is an SD and over lvl 700. (or 900, havent seen him play in a while.)

Just shut the fuck up already.

Julian wrote:
if a gust of wind knocks you over in real life are you going to rage quit that to?

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:45 pm
Main: Empathy
Level: 451

his main is at least elvel 1k

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:28 pm

to be exact level 1076 (i think)

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 pm

To make it even more exact here is the link
http://www.starsonata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32671
WOO TRIPLE POST!

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:39 pm
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Account base slot limit is very annoying.

Also gunner is OP please nerf it. We should only be allowed one missile launcher per ship. Either that or make missile launchers take weapon slots. On a side note, unforge shoudn't be able to use missiles

However, Add a self destruct key to missil;es and make missiles radars better, or dependent on owners radars

In addition, when pheasable please make a new server (not forced) with evrery1 starting at lvl 0...

Last edited by Bluejayek on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Ruin
Level: 4534

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Also crated tweaks... Just what the fuck happend with those? been looking forward to those for a while.

I've made crates for almost all tweaks, someone just needs to put them in somewhere.

Ye i know you have and I thank you for that, i should have been more specific. To rephrase... it is the fact they are still not in game despite the fact you put in the work and finished them all months ago.

I dont think Copper is much of an issue... to be honest if I was just doing copper for the first time I would probaly not have a ship going over 300, I would not haver a vmag and I would not know that i need to be over X speed to do it solo.. i would probaly find it pretty hard and a real challange. Most content that is new to me that I have done i died at least once and often several times more before getting the hang of it. As a starting player my first journeys into copper might not even be in a T20 ship. I think because alot of the playerbase have become so well geared and skilled Copper looks pretty shit. But you have to remember that content has to be accesible for players without that same gear or skill.

Copper serves as a perfect illustration of how progressing to harder content then coming back with better gear renders an uber piss easy. And for Copper this is not exactly a bad thing, it is one of the first ubers a player does.. most of the basic ubers and be these 'I' mean Sputty, Bart, Marco, Copper, Ana should be easy enough for nooby players to tackle and for an uber player of course they will appear easy. But it needs to be this way.

For other ubers i have mixed feelings. For UZ i feel it has become weak, I just dont have that same sense of challange i used to when facing the ubers. I have to admit i feel Lion and emp are pretty good and i enjoy doing them but if they were beefed and made stronger i feel it would not be a bad decision. But the others are just a bit meh. For a while i found it interesting doing the other 3 with less and less players until i can MC and do it myself. But that was the last point I did them for the challange and it is now to just farm them. I dont think it is a question of having better gear, using that better gear only speeds up the process and does not make doing them so easily a possibility. Maybe it is just my feelings of UZ becoming so accesible to what seems like the entire playerbase that makes me want them beefed. The annoyance that the sense of acheivement from being able to do well in UZ is fading with UZ gear becoming so common and cheap to get. As a result of this i do want to make it limited and harder to get so maybe that clouds my judgement on whether the need beefed. I can only hope the new UZ is going to be fucking insane for now :P

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:24 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Bluejayek wrote:
Also gunner is OP please nerf it.

True

Bluejayek wrote:
We should only be allowed one missile launcher per ship.

WTF? WHY?! That would cripple capital ship gunners who's missiles make up most of their damage!

Gunner needs a nerf of some sort, but not to that extent. But perhaps we're so broken 'cos the admins felt sorry for us because we have no gear :'(

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:49 am
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

I don't understand how gunners are so broken. Gunners are a great middle of the road all purpose class. They can solo a lot of stuff that Zerkers can't solo, but they also can't just team up with one ShM and go solo dps everything like zerkers can. An SD can probably solo the same DGs a Gunner can solo, only the SD will spend less time charging between levels. The only time a Gunner is semi-broken is when he is attacking a base, but even then zerkers are generally better at solo dps. Basically, if you have something that's weak to mining damage, gunners are uber. If it's highly resistant to mining damage, Gunners have to settle for being 20% useful as backup for the Zerkers.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:32 am
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Mail wrote:
Bluejayek wrote:
We should only be allowed one missile launcher per ship.

WTF? WHY?! That would cripple capital ship gunners who's missiles make up most of their damage!

Gunner needs a nerf of some sort, but not to that extent. But perhaps we're so broken 'cos the admins felt sorry for us because we have no gear :'(

Time Warp

So you want to nerf gunner... but as long as it doesn't nerf the only possible thing that could ever be considered "broken" about it (missiles) and doesn't affect you? Riiight...

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next