Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Should diffusers be able to break?
Poll ended at Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:42 am
Yes, no changes 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but should cost less 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
No 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9

Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Post Diffusers
Ok, I know recentally I've sent a rash spree of comlaints, but this diffuser situation is getting out of hand for me. I've taken to using Solid Diffusers, mainly because they have the lowest failure rate. Well, even with solid diffusers, two hits after I undock, they blow up! Later on last evening, I lost two consecutive diffusers in two hits one right after the other. Yes, I know you want a money sink, but this is way more than a money sink, this is a player theft. In less than an hour I can spend over 10 mil on diffusers! I have 8 slaves, and a few bases, and I can't even break even. I seriously think something needs to be done with this new problem.
Calypso

Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:42 am
Team:
Main: Aridas
Level: 729

Yeah, I don't mess around with bases alot, maybe I should. The thing is if I use the diffuser for my lvl, I lose money, even hunting stuff like lvl 300-400's.

I'm going back to using laser diffuser 1. Since they break very, very fast, I'm stacking 3-4 each run. It's not that much money for them, but I think we should be able to use diffuser of our lvls and maybe get cash in the long run?

I'll take this post to mention that I think that higher lvls should drop alot more cash coins. Like 50k to 500k each imo. Loot most of the time, with the way we are set, can't be picked up, or can't be sold anyway.

Ariads

Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:59 pm
Team:
Main: Nuro
Level: 61

I like the fact the diffusers can break, but the percentage of them breaking should be divided by 10. And the lower lvl ones should have a better chance of breaking as well, since they would be cheaper made, explaining the reason of less defence and cheaper price.

Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:35 am
Team: Praetorians
Main: NAS2
Level: 763

Well i like the IDEA of a failure chance on diffusers but the execution of this idea is bad. i think they´d be cool if they wouldn´t be destroyed upon "failing" but mearly they´d let the shots full dmg trough and the item itself would survive for next rounds of fire too...
Sure they´d need maybe some little balancing and maybe an overall higher pices then, but if they´d be like that i wouldn´t mind using even high amounts of money on a good one... Now i have ended up using diff1s or not using them atall...

-NAS2-

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:46 pm
Team:
Main: mr_nice
Level: 65

maybe they could be graduated more. Give them a dmg rating and each time they work it goes down untill 0 when they r destroyed. This decrease would also be a percentage modifier on effectiveness.
Although this would take the random element out .... maybe the failure chance could apply to wether or not the damage rating decreases?

just an idea

Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:44 pm
Main: spiceant
Level: 171

i dont get any diffuser's beside's the standard one's because in this universe the lv 8's and below destroy them each time they meet you.

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:27 am
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: AcidGreenTonal
Level: 4194

LOL Spicant the same thing happens to me man i find myself buying tons of lvl 1 diffusers cuz they do break like every 2 shots... it has become a problem and i dont think the randomness of them breaking is calulated right... just a thought.

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:37 pm
Team: Klingon Empire
Main: TheSeers-new-char
Level: 26

it is just they break to easily.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Vault 52
Main: radx3
Level: 840

I just think the coding for diffusers needs to be looked at. Pretty hard to imagine even a 10% chance of being destroyed coming up as often as diffusers fail.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:55 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

ok say a diffuser says 1% breaking chance

i think that 1% shouldnt come into effect untill x amount of hits
that would make it fair and make them work for at least x amount of hits, then the 1% failure rate should come into affect

that seems fair

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:56 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

To be honest I dont think the percentage algorythms are correct.

https://sect.news/

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I just use the standard laser/heat/energy diffusers... They are dirt cheap, and the bonus they give is better than nothing...

Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:24 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

This topic has been bumped from a long time ago, from a time when calypso was less mature.

https://sect.news/

Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]