Team: Eminence Front
Main: Sanct Germaine
Level: 4492

Post NB's Colony Trainer V4.
Who says NB hasn’t contributed anything to SS, other then Massive war and mayhem.

Special thanks to my Loyal members of more then 2 years and alliance mates.

Thanks to my most loyal members, best main crew ive had warring with every team in the game atleast more then twice and smashing the rest, uber runs and keeping the other bitches in line.

Main Staff of Mercs: Councilors+

Dark_One - Best damn councilor or friend online a warmongerer can have.
Nads - Second best damn councilor a warmongerer can have.
Cyphe - Even though you had to be a bastard to take my 3 shooter, you still contributed more then a year+ to mercs. No comment.

Main Staff: 2 years+

Helro - One loyal bastard.
Wasssup - First Member of Mercs almost 3 years ago.
Hellfrost - SS is your job biatch. Get on it more.
Weed - Don't do to much weed.
Soilder - Go kmk go.
ArrowHate - Hope you come back.
Evan - Get back on SS you.

Dunno if ive missed anyone but these peeps are mostly the main crew of over 2+ years.

Main Alliance thanx for over 1 1/2 years to:

Bach - Make them pay.
Erman - Make them pay double
Macros - Good luck with new job
Sodomy - 12 dead pants in bana, good times. Always count on you to make them pay.

Although my plan was always to rule the universe, it was nice killing so many others along the way. Also, Alliances was made by me and what a masterstroke it was.

I leave by end of today but Ill have some killing to do before i go.
Here is a post i made 2 years when cyphe, dark_one and all of them were still in porps and not 1 had a t20 ship. That all changed by my 130b of course, lots of training and my will alone. Turned a rabble of ambitious noobs into my own personal army and what killing we have done....good times.

Also understand that below me was written 2 years ago, a time when almost no one knew how to make money outside of pants and a few others. I think since almost half the ppl know now, its only proper the new ppl in SS understand the mechanics.

Kick Butt, Take Names

NB

Dec 30th, 2005

Version. 4

Nobody’s Colony Guide

First of All, this is team privileged Information. I will be sending other versions to other teammates who don’t need this information cause of there low levels or that are new to the team. So when you get, Pm for questions.

Takeover 101:

Scenario A: Getting Ready for New Universe.

1. You will not make money or make less money if you don’t have: EE alt, a CA alt and a Fighter Alt.
2. EE alt and CA alt should be about the same level for defenses purposes.
3. You’re going to need Leviathan slaves. Get RC 16 for all of your chars. You will need at least 4 levs but more is better. These slaves are critical for success. Bulks, mastiffs and many small slaves “Do not cut it�. You’re going to need Levs and you’re going to need about 4. If you don’t have levis, Big Roswell’s work too, with slipstream, good caps & Hermes. Example: 2 good caps, Hermes.
4. You need 500-1bil of money. Since your learning, expect a lot of Overhead.
5. You will need 20-100k Rations and about 20k metal. Put in a Thatch.
6. You will need the bare Necessities of Base building. Even though they are small, without them, you could be facing Failure. Make sure you have Station Extensions, Trade Bays and Transidoms Extensions.
7. Compact Colony BP, Buy in earth planet in sol. Buy 10 for good measure.
8. Hydros – Might make the difference of survival. 200 workers per Hydro.
9. Orb Drones – A must have for claiming a Galaxy. Make sure you can deploy on you scout ship.
10. Remember Galaxy Claiming is Fierce, if you find a decent gal ….drop drones already. The longer you try to find a better gal…. the less and less you will have one. Don’t be greedy or you will pay for it. This universe, all the good gals were claimed in under 20minutes. Keep that in mind.
11. What’s a Good gal? You are looking for planets with water. Don’t focus on commods. You don’t need Baobabs to make billions. Hell, you don’t even need nuke. You gotta stop thinking nooby and start thinking ahead. Your not making money of commodes, your making money of pumping. I have not sold commods this entire universe, and I’ve made over 50b+ and still making money. So when looking for gals, quickly skim over the planets and if you see a gal with a lot of water… For god sake. Take it.

Scenario B: I found a great galaxy… so im going to start building.

Ok, you drop your drones and basically have conquered it for Mercenaries. What do you do next?

1. Drop the Drones and kill all of the AI. Next you scan it and find the best Metal Planet you can get and build your Construction Base. Equip your Starter Colony bp and make a colony pronto. Claim the Galaxy.
(Why don’t I build a colony on a ration planet?) – Ration planets makes good colonies and you will waste the age colony if you build on it. (Age – The longer a colonies age is … the fewer peasants it buys  Remember).

2. Do not set your base to sell rations to colony! That colony is to claim galaxy and should die later. Do not make the mistake of selling all your rations to the colony, killing your base.

Remember, the colony on the metal planet is temporary and is only used to claim
The galaxy. Always make sure this temp colony is alive till you’re done with it.

2. Ok, you built a pretty defensive metal base. Hopefully it’s a good base with 2 fire/ 2 range. Now we build the first Permanent Colony, Find the Slowest Planet with the Highest Suitability. (Suitability chart below). We need slow planet so we can have the levs dock and undock with no problem. Build the Base first, then when you have it augged and ready with 200-300k space. You’re ready for colony building.
3. 1ST Colony: Here is where you need your money and slaves. Put about 200m in the base. Get your compact Bp and equip into the base. This is where your 60k-100k rations/Metals come in. I want you to make 12-15 compact colonies on that single base!! So your population on the Colony is about 40k-50k when construction is done. Buy your peasants from an AI Base. (I want the Construction to be done on the 10-15 construction simultaneously so you don’t waste you age on you Colony). Once your colony is done, you really gotta start moving to not waste your colony’s age. Now you have to pump it.

Find an Ai station and set your levs to buy and sell to your base.

a. AI station Sells Peasants for 300.
b. Set you base to buy peasants 3creds higher then AI base.
c. Set your base to sell peasants to colony 3 credits lower then colony Price.
d. Put all your levs into it. With this setup you base will lose money on the base but not on the slaves. The colony will buy Peasants, so you will not lose as much money as you think you will.
e. Clean out as many bases as you can on that 1 planet.

Pumping 101:

Scenario A: Ok, my colony is now about 5.5bil. What do I do now NOBODY?

1. Your Main colony should have about 1 million or more Free Space for Peasants.
2. Cap your colony with an EE alt. Doing this you will make the peasant price plummet even more up to 30-40%.
3. After you cap that colony, I want you to buy peasants at the colony price. Example: The price is 31 per peasant. Set base to buy at 31 / Sell at 32. Max the Buy Max 9999999999999. This way the colony won’t buy back the peasants if you set the sell price 1 more then the buy price. Also, since you have set the base to 32 to sell, your base will never run out of money since it is selling it to slaves 1 more then its buying.
4. After your 1st colony is done, start colonies on the planets with the suitability of 90%+. (Only do 1 or 2 planets first, to test how much your slaves can haul, your target should be over 150k per colony year). You are wasting your time with planets with fewer than 90% suitability. I know this by personal experience.
A. Start with only 1 or 2 planets to pump. Again because your slaves should transport over 150k+ peasants per colony year. If you build too many colonies to pump and your slaves can’t keep up with demand (Getting only less then 150k per year), you loss money, due to it aging. Remember, this is not a race. Doing it slow and steady will earn you more money then rushing it. If you don’t have the slave capacity, do only 1 planet then. There is plenty of time in the universe, so do not rush it because of greed. If you do, you will lose more money not pumping a planet to the maximum.
B. Ok, you made a colony on the planet you want to pump. Set prices as follows: Example - Peasant price is 304. Set the sell price at 300 and set the buy price at 33(Following #3(Scenario 3)). This way setting it to 33, slaves do not lose money and the cost goes all the way back to the main 1st colony.
C. Overview: 1st colony(X) – Peasant price at 31. Buy at 31/ Sell at 32 (Buy Max at 99999999999999). 2nd Colony (the one your pumping)(Y) – Peasant price at 304. Set sell at 300 and buy at 33. So slave(S) never runs out of money
D. Money flow
1. Colony X starts of with 20m money.
2 X buys peasants at 31.
3. X sells to slave at 32, replenishing money on the base.
4. Slave sells to Y at 33, replenishing slave’s money.
5. Colony Y buys at 33 and sells at 300, making a profit of 267 per peasant.

Misc Information:

1. When you switch the main colony to EE, it won’t really buy commods. So selling commodes to it is a waste of time and your slave power should concentrate on pumping or important ration hauling like rations. The real purpose is to plummet the peasant price by 30-40% for pumping. I was told and have used only EE char to plummet the peasant price. Not sure if another class can do it also or change it at the same price.
2. You do not have to sell rations on colonies to make it grow, IF the suitability is 101% or higher.
3. Selling Commods: This is not as hard as it seems. I only sell commodes after a colony is pumped to the max or the main colony is not used for pumping anymore, and then recap it as CA. CA colonies will sell more then a Non CA colony due to the higher Suitability. 2 CA bases on 1 planet will not affect suitability, but 1 CA and an EE base will lower it. Selling commodes is not as hard as it seems:
a. The higher you price the commod over the colony price, the less they buy.
b. The lower you price the commod under the colony price, the more they buy.
c. You have to test. Either sell at high price, sell a few and make money or sell below price and sell many for money.
4. For the 101% planets, pumping seem to stop/ wear out at 200m+. For 125% planets, pumping seem to stop about 800m+. Both about 1 to 2 weeks reach.
5. I highly recommend that your Metal Base and Main colony be tech 18’s(Achilles laser-Adaman shield/energy is fine till you get better) supporting each other, with the colonies your pumping around them with ambro lasers. I put the best augs on the tech 18’s. I would go with my combo of 2 ares / 2 ambro/adaman range. For bases always go with 2 fire augs / 2 range augs. The strategy is, the Ambro lasers grem and the Achilles lasers kill.
6. Bases: Should have Adonis Surgical Plates, Ace Pest Control, and Artemis Longbows if you can afford. If the gal is unowned, Achilles mags are the way to go for base busting abilities.

Fast Building 101:

Assuming you have dropped drones and claimed the gal.

1. 1st base should be metal base. In your DF/Behemoth you should have.
a. 10 station Expansion units
b. 100 workers
c. 4000 rations
d. 3100 peasants
e. 1000 metal
f. Starter Colony bp ( needs 3k peasants – 3k rations – 500metal)
g. Adonis Shield, Energy , Radar, Laser
h. Ace Pest Control
i. 500-1000 nuke
j. 5+ Transidom Extensions.
k. Your base kit.
l. Hydroponics and Mre
m. Trade Bay

2. Building time!!
a. Drop base, make it team.
b. Put 20 workers on the base.
c. Put all 10 Stations Extensions on and equip
d. Put 1 Transidom and equip
e. Put all Transidoms and equip.
f. Put base gear, trading bay and equip.
g. Put the remaining gear and commodes and equip.
h. Equip the Starter colony BP, and build colony
I. Own the Galaxy
J. Go back to ai base and Upgrade the base with bigger Base Gear.
k. Coming back. I recommend getting healing guns.

I can do all this in less than 5 minutes. I usually bring more peasants and rations however so my colony is bigger. Therefore longer too die and I have more time to set up the first permanent colony base.

gravity temperature climate base suitability CA 20
Heavy Blistering Gaseous 12 22
Heavy Blistering Noxious 18 33
Heavy Blistering Terran 25 45
Heavy Frozen Gaseous 18 33
Heavy Frozen Noxious 28 50
Heavy Frozen Terran 37 67
Heavy Temperate Gaseous 25 45
Heavy Temperate Noxious 37 67
Heavy Temperate Terran 50 90
Low Blistering Gaseous 18 33
Low Blistering Noxious 28 50
Low Blistering Terran 37 67
Low Frozen Gaseous 28 50
Low Frozen Noxious 42 75
Low Frozen Terran 56 101
Low Temperate Gaseous 37 67
Low Temperate Noxious 56 101
Low Temperate Terran 75 135
Normal Blistering Gaseous 25 45
Normal Blistering Noxious 37 67
Normal Blistering Terran 50 90
Normal Frozen Gaseous 37 67
Normal Frozen Noxious 56 101
Normal Frozen Terran 75 135
Normal Temperate Gaseous 50 90
Normal Temperate Noxious 75 135
Normal Temperate Terran 100 180

New Added -
Friday, July 21, 2006

Next Universe Strategy

This Universe: This universe was a stalemate,however, they have made the mistake of letting us grow and we have significantly increased our firepower due to aggressive ship building, recruiting, and colony pumping. Also I the arrangement with traders of an alliance is still holding, but well see how that goes, its still pretty new although they have proven themselves in the war. As it stands right now, we have enough firepower to rival any team in the game and they all know it, however, if they team up. We might have some problems, for even though most of them on pants are imbeciles, a lot of imbeciles can be problematic.

Galaxy Strategy:

1). Cut loss Strategy: This strategy is basically cutting your losses and augging/gearing your bases badly.(Strong enough to defend against mid-sized teams). In this case you will not loss billions on an impending war, if you lose your bases doing a war. This strategy is focused more on making money as much money as you can in a set timetable.

2). Hold Strategy: This strategy is basically putting all your assets into your gal making it
unkillable. This is expensive, risky and weeks of work. This should only be done if the bases are 1-1.5k apart and up too 12-15 with ambro trans. These bases should be attached to a planet. Examples are Cape Andrews and Sirius.

Suggestions:

1. If you find a defendable gal and your new to bases, Team up with others.
2. If you are new, Do the cut loss strategy.

Aug Combos:

The Problem with our Aug strategy this universe with our 2 fire/ 2 ranges was due to the fact that were weren’t doing enough damage. Especially with that Pant scum slave strategy with 4-5 healers on it.

Add Bows or Tips depending on where it’s located -

Examples:

Ok: 1 fire aug , 1 range aug , 2 dios
Standerd: 1 fire aug , 1 base range aug, 2 dios
Better: Ares , 1 base range aug, 2 athenas
Uberz: Ares, 1 base range aug, good rage, Athena
Hardcore: Ares, Adaman/Achilles range aug, exec rage, Athena

The main point is that the bases have a balanced amount of Fire/Damage/Range.

If you have a lone base, Its basically dead unless its really low level. However, you can keep it from getting killed against pirates like Munch/Grim by giving it like 4 recovery augs or 4 pos augs. Not guaranteed but its your best shoot of not getting it killed.

Drones: I don’t recommend drones laid if they are not the same level as the bases. Because, then someone can fire on the drones and get the bases to heal them, while someone else fights the bases while they are busy healing the drones. Also the stratedgy of dragging a drone to the sun which is a definite killer. Only drop drones to claim a gal or killing a gal of course.

Anti Slave Strategy: The best defense right now against the slave strategy is DPS.
Basically killing the slave before they get near the bases. You need massive DPS to kill a slave with 3-5 healers. That’s why you need 12-15 bases to do the DPS. Another way is to have 2 ambro/trl lasers in your gal. 1 ambro/trl laser with range for far away and have 1 ambro/trl laser base with an range reducer aug, so it will only fire at an enemy at close range with the bases. Doing this, 1 laser will grem with long range, while another grems from close range. So basically 1 laser grems the slave(long Range) and 1 laser grems anyone who comes near the bases(Short Range).

Alts:
On my alts that are base characters, you can usually have all the skills from 350-375. However, for your merchant you will need p20 so level 500.

SM 20
STM 20
Program 15-25
Drone Development 16-20
RC 16
EQ 12-16
Sheild 16
W16

Make sure you can Max your Masteries Like EE/CA.

This is just a draft on what you’ll need before you switch over to SM.

End July, 2006

Last edited by HeadHunterSaga on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:29 am
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

It's actually sad to see you go since you was a good player....

Even thought our war was hmmm a very long war we say that and heck ERMAN still wanbts to keep it going :)

Oh well come back after youv've been in the army or something

I'm sure people will help you out

-Minchy-

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:43 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

/me gets ready for the nerf bat anytime now

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:04 am
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: TehGeneral
Level: 2847

Later NB, although we did notalways agree on every issue, you were still one of the single strongest players in any game I've ever found. Was nice kickin' ass with you. I'll be around when you get back.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:48 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Lol even though its a goodbye we should sticky it because of the colony info.

Sad to see you go NB but I hope you have a great life.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

It was fun while it lasted NB, though you and I both know thats not how it went down. Good luck in the military, I wish you the best. Who knows, I may end out working with you some day. Have a good one!

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:17 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

Cya man! Have a good time in the army, and don't get killed! But if you really want to come back, find a guy named benny. I'd say there would be about an 80% chance of a guy named benny being able to be convinced to shoot you in the foot.

HAL in response to reaver laser nerf--"Translation: I am quitting the game because my enemy can sometimes fight back now."

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:24 pm
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

well, youve been an overall warlord, sometimes a jackass, but u built ur poewr from scratch and did a damn good job of ruling.

GL in the army NB

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:27 pm
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Gonna miss ya man, we had fun times, we had not so fun times.... but in the end whenever anyone in RL says nobody I'll always think of NB 8) Later man, and gl in the military.
~bach

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:28 pm
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

Cya NB, it's been a long road and I remember you when you were an icky little 200 noob just starting to learn about colonies. Too bad I was too young to go p2p and fizzled out. Its amazing how I remembered you name after almost 2 years of not playing, I guess its hard to forget someone with the name NOBODY. Amazing how a game that you were gunna play for "just this summer until I go back to College" turned into this. Hope ya come back soon to pwn more people.

Oh and remember, your body doesn't go stasis in RL so make sure to use voltiles.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:52 pm
Main: Scoundrel
Level: 548

=====

-NB Starts warmongering attitude in an attempt to be more like Tobal.

-NB fails in his warmongering and gets ass handed to him on several occasions.

-NB uses the ass that was handed to him to practise being Tobal some more.

-NB fails at being that gay to instead decides to have the Marines train him in how to be gay, NB will now spend years on a boat training on how to "pitch and catch".

-Here ends the Legacy of NB. Most arrogant person in SS to have not actually accomplished anything noteworthy.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:11 pm
Main: Sanct Germaine
Level: 4492

-NB just killed Stromlord in NW3 without even slowing down in his pathetic attempt to fight back in his noob shrimp. Galen heroicly goes down a few secs later, while storm curses the gods and wonders why he was ever born -

NB adds to his mental kill list.

NB

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:16 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

aw comon.. i mean even i can 1 shot stormlord im in an SD.. that doesn't say anything NB

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:22 pm
Main: Scoundrel
Level: 548

you forgot:

-NB just killed Stromlord in NW3 without even slowing down in his pathetic attempt to fight back in his noob shrimp. Galen heroicly goes down a few secs later, while storm curses the gods and wonders why he was ever born -

NB adds to his mental kill list.

NB

It's true. NB killed my 3 ares 1 athena shrimp from 2 years ago in his Speed Demon DS. I stood no chance against him. :cry:

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:23 pm
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

Hey man sad to see you go its been fun wiping out several teams and killing so many ubers. i like to thank u for making me who i am and getting my first T20 ship when i was a noob just back from a 6month break. ive learned alot of shit in this game and now adays i just log on for ubers, well any way good luck in the army. I know you will do well in there.

P.S finnally passed ur damn lvl :D

Dark

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 pm