Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Well, what do you think? cheats, or no cheats
Yes, of course 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Well... maybe... 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
is that re-eally a good idea? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cheats?! Never!! 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
What is a cheat? :D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Team: Imperium
Main: Tobal
Level: 6495

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:37 am
Main: Scoundrel
Level: 548

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:44 am
Main: Voom
Level: 1935

Get real! Cheats in a mmorpg? Go back to playing your Nintendo.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:53 am
Team: HIl
Main: DeathWarmedOver
Level: 1966

Sure why not - then everyone can type "IAMTEHUBER" and enter god mode and do 100x damage and have 100x shields, it won't imbalance the game at all!

</Sacrasm>

Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:44 pm
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: Dutch_Soulja
Level: 2233

yes wouldnt that be fun? oh look that lvl 20 just enteres the uber command, now he raped sol and all galaxies in the entire uni, economy is shit, everyone is chainpodded and he dragged our ships ten mil away cause he has some tractor with 1000000 x normal stats HAHAHAHA I AM HAVING FUN

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:20 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: GrimSweeper II
Level: 530

Have there ever been cheats in a multiplayer game (such as CS, Quake III, RO, Anarchy Online, Everquest, etc) allowed, ever? That should explain why this doesn't have any either.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:14 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:22 pm

Well, if i am not to wrong, CS has cheats, hasent it?

But...do servers allow these cheats on for just one person OR are they on for all? I would see that more as a gameplay mod if it were an option to be turned on by the server.

Mind you I have no real first hand experience with CS as I've only watched it; the list of multiplayer games was off of the top of my head. My other examples are still valid.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:46 pm
Team: Stars of New Order
Main: quentin10
Level: 22

Sorry I couldn't help my self but EVERY GAME CAN HAVE CHEATS Its true you can hack the server ( almost impossible) or change values (the ones that aren't encrypted or on the server) I know I multiplayer game that has so many cheats MapleStory I used a lot of hacks and there is a lot in Maplestory game in about one year or so I would know enough about it to hack it and cheat a lot but that would be a waste of my time and when I am 25 or something I will probably go onto games like this and hack like damen must be old enough to know something about hacks or someone here because hacks are always possible oh and I won't hack because the game DOESN'T WORK ON MY COMPUTER BECAUSE THERE IS KNOW HELP SECTION now I can't wait til this post is deleted or called gay or even someone might notice I have no periods in this sentence :D

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:00 pm
Team: Stars of New Order
Main: quentin10
Level: 22

Sorry I couldn't help my self but EVERY GAME CAN HAVE CHEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its true you can hack the server ( almost impossible) or change values (the ones that aren't encrypted or on the server) I know I multiplayer game that has so many cheats MapleStory I used a lot of hacks and there is a lot in Maplestory game in about one year or so I would know enough about it to hack it and cheat a lot but that would be a waste of my time and when I am 25 or something I will probably go onto games like this and hack like damen must be old enough to know something about hacks or someone here because hacks are always possible

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:00 pm

You just missed the important difference of cheats to hacks; cheats are dev-created, hacks are player-created.

So you're just a script-kiddie in Maple Story, big deal. I could search the intarveb too and come up with all sorts of the same programs you are 'hacking' the client with. Any monkey with a keyboard can. Besides, those Korean based MMOs are notoriously lax in security; take RO and it's numerous bots for example, or Gunbound.

Plus it might be a good idea to take a breath in your post there; periods are your friend.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:46 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]