Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Post 9/11
lets have a minute of silence to remember the day when a few muslim psychopaths convinced the "land of the free and home of the brave" to sell off their liberty, in exchange for a little safety

a minute of silence for the tens of thousands killed in iraq and afghanistan.

a minute of silence for the women and children killed by drone strikes in pakistan.

a minute of silence for the thousands of victims of 9/11, who would be rolling in their graves right now if they could see what their country has become, and the war crimes their government did in their name.

a minute of silence to remember that the US died because its people were too cowardly to tell their government "no, you cant take away our freedoms and create 17 trillion dollars worth of war debt, fuck off".

a minute of silence to remember the day the terrorists won.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:16 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3279

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: 9/11
The government has been on a different plane from the rest of the world since before 9/11. I wouldn't doubt that they had booked the flight themselves. In fact, one might call it lucky that 9/11 happened RIGHT as Bush was trying to head off to war... Too lucky, in fact... It threw all our rights up in the air as people scrambled for the safety of Uncle Sam's right wing.

Times seem to be changing though, what with the government's attempt to board WW3 getting neutered and Syria handing over it's chemical weapons.

The internet being a world power has helped. Now we can carry on what our forefathers thought was essential baggage claiming, stopping the government from taxiing us off a cliff.

The quick turn-around of the Russians and Syrians agreeing to something said off the cuff of someone's sleeve because a smart reporter asked the question has restored my faith in humanity.

Kudos if you can spot the puns. They're plane wrong.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 pm
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
The quick turn-around of the Russians and Syrians agreeing to something said off the cuff of someone's sleeve because a smart reporter asked the question has restored my faith in humanity.

its easy to think that the governments of the world are stupid for not thinking of asking syria to turn over its chemical weapons to russia, but the governments of the world dont give a fuck about the people of syria. the ones that want to "punish" assad, only want to do it because they know he'll react, and the US is still very much stuck in the cold war mindset.

in the late 20th century russia was the "big bad empire" hellbent on world domination.

today its the US. and its largely because of what happened on 9/11.

russia thinks the whole world sees it the same way the US does. which is why they didnt propose to take control of syria's weapons. russia thinks the whole world is as brainwashed as the US government and media treats it.

the sad thing is that the world might really be as brainwashed as the US government and media treats it.

the greatest weakness of the US war machine is that it must uphold the illusion of moral superiority. it MUST make its soldiers and supporters think that they're the good guys, and it MUST keep its enemies convinced that the whole world thinks the US are the good guys. thats the main reason the US hasnt already attacked syria. controlling syria just isnt worth throwing away the illusion of "being the world's hero", because the minute that illusion is shattered the US will face its own civil war.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:20 pm
Team: White Star
Main: xXxIrishKnightxXx
Level: 20

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:04 am
Main: 8834746
Level: 0

landswimmer wrote:
lets have a minute of silence to remember the day when a few muslim psychopaths convinced the "land of the free and home of the brave" to sell off their liberty, in exchange for a little safety

a minute of silence for the tens of thousands killed in iraq and afghanistan.

a minute of silence for the women and children killed by drone strikes in pakistan.

a minute of silence for the thousands of victims of 9/11, who would be rolling in their graves right now if they could see what their country has become, and the war crimes their government did in their name.

a minute of silence to remember that the US died because its people were too cowardly to tell their government "no, you cant take away our freedoms and create 17 trillion dollars worth of war debt, fuck off".

a minute of silence to remember the day the terrorists won.

/care

IrishKnight wrote:

/gay

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

/commandsdonotworkinthisenvironment

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:03 pm

cej1120con wrote:
/commandsdonotworkinthisenvironment

#yolo

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:06 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

I know I will probably get bad mouthed for this, but when 9/11 happened & I found out about it, my sister just came running into the room saying a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center, and I laughed. I laughed because when she said plane I thought she meant one of those stupid little WWI 1 man Biplanes had just crashed into the side, got crushed & slowly fell to the ground. Only later on did I find out it was a pair of hijacked Jumbo Jets & terrorists, then I felt like a prick. :oops:

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:57 pm

9/11 was inside job anyway, america attacked itself to get into the wars

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:00 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

You will never ever be able to 100% prove that. It happened years ago, they are not going to admit to it, you will never know for sure if they planned it or it was just a bunch of pissed off muslims hijacking 2 Jumbo Jets in mid-air, pointing guns at the pilots and forced them to crash the things into both Towers. It's the past.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:04 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

lal wrote:

100% true

can confirm, am america

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:46 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

lal wrote:

As if we need the excuse.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:33 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Tomzta09 wrote:
You will never ever be able to 100% prove that. It happened years ago, they are not going to admit to it, you will never know for sure if they planned it or it was just a bunch of pissed off muslims hijacking 2 Jumbo Jets in mid-air, pointing guns at the pilots and forced them to crash the things into both Towers. It's the past.

More like killing the pilots and crew and flying the planes into the buildings themselves. You clearly haven't thought too much about what happens during a hijack.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:34 pm

give me the box cutters and spoons, lets blow this plane, into some buildings!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:37 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Slevin Kelevra
Level: 600

lal wrote:
give me the box cutters and spoons, lets blow this plane, into some buildings!

Saying perceived inappropriate things about 9/11 in a weak attempt to exploit a reaction. How creative of you. If you are going to try and troll at least do it intelligently, trolling has evolved to the point where saying abrupt and insensitive things simply isn't enough. Doing that has become internet norm, anyway. Conformist.

In response to memorium - its difficult to convey genuine remorse through text or even speech so I will leave it at the obvious; that it was a terrible day in history that should always be remembered.

In response to the terrorists won - I'd hazard that in the near future when America finally succumbs to its debt ridden ailments and China/Russia become the prominent figures on the world stage, terrorism will be handled differently. Differently being perhaps impossible to define clearly but one thing may be sure, if China ever faced a similar attack I may hazard that their reaction be more severe and, most importantly, unconditional. So do they win? Or just advance Chinese potential influence some years ahead?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 am