Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Post wtf landswimmer, australia dun goofed
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... lack-women

Quote:
science, energy and resources are not mentioned in any ministerial title

landswimmer, wtf u guys doing

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

Post Re: wtf landswimmer, australia dun goofed
im on AUSTRALIA, does that count? il be dah bestest ever hehe

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:31 am
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

cej1120con wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/16/abbott-cabinet-experience-but-lack-women

Quote:

i didnt vote for him...

besides, you have to think long term, abbot as prime minister means australia doesnt get involved in syria under any circumstances.

plus the blowback next election is going to be huge, because of how badly abbot's going to screw everything up, and the minor parties will get more seats, until drugs are legalised and the government is forced to stop spying on its own citizens.

2013 is the first election where a genuine libertarian candidate has won a senate seat, and it wont be the last.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:06 pm
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

down with the liberals! they are apart of peeta or whatever its called and also with some sort of dictatorship going on, will australia be enslaved too?

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:08 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 5464

cej1120con wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/16/abbott-cabinet-experience-but-lack-women

Quote:

How the hell would landswimmer know? He's a radical, not someone that actually does something, he just sits back and bitches about it. He draws attention to the 20% of things that go wrong, not the 80% of things going right. :-)

The key phrase in the article is "heavy with experience". Unlike the Australian Labour party, there is no quotas of male/female ministers. Their definition of selection for a good Minister is "best person for the job". Certainly Sophie Mirabella would have been in the cabinet as well had she actually won her seat but that wasn't to be. there are some good people that just happen to be female in the outer ministry as well. Once they have a little experience I'm sure promotions will flow their way. Micheala Cash is one that comes to mind.
I'm also a little miffed that Science wasn't mentioned, although still understand it comes under one of the portfolios. Industry I think. I tend to agree that the titles of the various ministers were getting a little cumbersome.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:00 am
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Makka wrote:

How the hell would landswimmer know? He's a radical if you're not a radical, you're not fucking paying attention., not someone that actually does something, he just sits back and bitches about it. really? what the fuck is your measure of "doing something". blowing up a fucking building?

i'm contributing to PEACEFUL efforts to secure change, because i'm not a fucking terrorist.

if you want someone to blow up parliament you fucking do it yourself.

you dont see the things i do, and that is the way i want it to stay.

He draws attention to the 20% of things that go wrong, not the 80% of things going right. :-) thats because when things go right there is no need to change them.

The key phrase in the article is "heavy with experience". Unlike the Australian Labour party, there is no quotas of male/female ministers. Their definition of selection for a good Minister is "best person for the job". Certainly Sophie Mirabella would have been in the cabinet as well had she actually won her seat but that wasn't to be. there are some good people that just happen to be female in the outer ministry as well. Once they have a little experience I'm sure promotions will flow their way. Micheala Cash is one that comes to mind.
I'm also a little miffed that Science wasn't mentioned, although still understand it comes under one of the portfolios. Industry I think. I tend to agree that the titles of the various ministers were getting a little cumbersome.

abbot is a fuckwit. but at least his own party isnt going to stab him in the back and replace him halfway through his term.

abbots party didnt cut university funding, forcing every university in australia to cut jobs, which means shittier lecturers, which means courses get shittier and in 4 years we're going to have a long term reduction in our ability to conduct research.

and the carbon tax is complete horseshit anyway, you dont enhance renewable energy by making the alternatives more expensive, you enhance renewable energy by making it CHEAPER which is only possible through RESEARCHING IT.

better a PM that doesnt believe in climate change, than one that works directly against efforts to provide technologies to mitigate it.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:35 am