Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Armed Forces
There is a bill that says military and civil service personnel will still be paid for the days of the shut down, to be paid that money after the shut down has ended. You didn't read the fine print though. It said that if the government doesn't end the shut down by September 30th, the Department of Defense will still be unable to pay anyone, civil service or military alike. It's still and ongoing shut down and it's been nearly two weeks since the DOD has been unable to pay its troops and contractors, despite the law that says they are supposed to do so. You can have all the legal power in the world to do something, but without the material to back it up, it doesn't matter. You still can't do it.

The point of the bill is so the GOP does not get seen as the "bad guys" after taking the country hostage to stop the ACA. If Obama vetoes the bill, then all the angry American government workers (including soldiers) will see Obama as the enemy and against the country's well being, which at the best will mean a Republican President next term and at worst impeachment. National backstabbing at its finest because you don't like the other guy's policies.

My point is that because Congress has not come to the table to discuss a plan for two weeks since the bill was proposed, our soldiers overseas are still being treated as expendable. They volunteered to serve their country, only to be considered disposable conscripts while the GOP and Democrats fight over their petty policies in DC. Why aren't our Congressmen fighting on the front lines without pay?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 pm
Main: Pyrefi
Level: 3454

Pontius123 wrote:
Yeah, Sha-E is essentially a conscript on a destroyer in the middle of the Persian Gulf. He is, while the government shutdown is in effect, expendable. Along with every other soldier, sailor, and airman abroad. All because some people don't like Obama. Can't get anymore pathetic than that. Hate the man too, but I wouldn't throw a temper tantrum and risk my fellow Americans dying to stop Obama. Filibuster should be considered a federal crime.

But yeah, lots of people in the armed service from Immortal Silver.

Will you shut the fuck up. Did anyone ask for your opinion? It isn't even the point of this thread. Fuck off you brain dead fuck nut.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:50 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Pontius123 wrote:
There is a bill that says military and civil service personnel will still be paid for the days of the shut down, to be paid that money after the shut down has ended. You didn't read the fine print though. It said that if the government doesn't end the shut down by September 30th, the Department of Defense will still be unable to pay anyone, civil service or military alike. It's still and ongoing shut down and it's been nearly two weeks since the DOD has been unable to pay its troops and contractors, despite the law that says they are supposed to do so. You can have all the legal power in the world to do something, but without the material to back it up, it doesn't matter. You still can't do it.

The point of the bill is so the GOP does not get seen as the "bad guys" after taking the country hostage to stop the ACA. If Obama vetoes the bill, then all the angry American government workers (including soldiers) will see Obama as the enemy and against the country's well being, which at the best will mean a Republican President next term and at worst impeachment. National backstabbing at its finest because you don't like the other guy's policies.

My point is that because Congress has not come to the table to discuss a plan for two weeks since the bill was proposed, our soldiers overseas are still being treated as expendable. They volunteered to serve their country, only to be considered disposable conscripts while the GOP and Democrats fight over their petty policies in DC. Why aren't our Congressmen fighting on the front lines without pay?

Just stop spouting your ignorance and trying to derail the thread. It's disgraceful.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:02 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Actually we still are being paid, as I was 2 days ago.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:15 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Razzy
Level: 4064

We have been getting paid for the last few paychecks. You are full of complete bullshit, don't start talking about shit you don't even know about. However, as far as I know, we do not have any death benefits at this moment.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

So clearly the military benefits from your death at the moment.

https://sect.news/

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

Im in korea right now
going to sill (fml.)
army is meh.
gives people too much entitlement.
like they have no idea what they are doing, but since they have rank
they da boss.
korea is tha tits.

Oh yea and we did this to a guy in basic who looked like gargamel from the smurfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-KDWv6Ahw

He actually went up to our drill sgt's office and asked about them, and the drill sgts called the other companies to show other drill sgts.

good times :
)

words of wisdom with Neba

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:56 am
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

Oh yea, I got an article 15 for doing my MOS AIP homework in my room instead of going to breakfast. 30 days of labor. (extra duty)
that was dumb.

Well theres more to it than that.
My platoon sgt knocked on my door and I didnt answer
so the guy climbed through my second story window some fucking how.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:36 am
Main: Ares
Level: 3903

U.S Navy for 6 years, 4 deployments

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:42 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Did you find the Golden Rivet? :)

https://sect.news/

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 5455

the original tate97 was in the Australian army, one of the parachute regiments I think.

His main claim to fame that he would talk about was guarding Buckingham Palace, (in London, UK for those sepos that don't know), during Australia's bicentennial.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 am

Hey its paxx..

I'm in the Navy active duty for anyone who didn't know rofl.

currently at school studying how to fix jet engines XD

Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:42 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

OriginalPaxx wrote:
Hey its paxx..

I'm in the Navy active duty for anyone who didn't know rofl.

currently at school studying how to fix jet engines XD

:shock: beast

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:13 am