Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Post The Upcoming Default
Lets hope that our shithead, autistic, spoiled politicians in the House and Senate manage to prevent our government from defaulting.

The World Economy is at stake here, and those bastards sit around flinging shit and blame at each other.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:39 pm
Main: 8834746
Level: 0

Post Re: The Upcoming Default
but who cares, i bet the world will switch to some kind of universal electronic currency anyway since it would be soo much more convenient and wide spread...but then it could be backed by the euro dollar or something ;p

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:26 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

lal wrote:
but who cares, i bet the world will switch to some kind of universal electronic currency anyway since it would be soo much more convenient and wide spread...but then it could be backed by the euro dollar or something ;p

Do you do anything but shitpost on the forums? You're clearly someones alt/proxy forum account, but really, why do this in most threads?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 pm
Team: Surrender the Booty
Main: Tyler-Durden
Level: 2017

The world economy is not at stake.. lol

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

The Winged Electronic Xaviers economy, however, IS at stake.

DerpyHooves/Lal/uberman!!!/other alts is a spammer, who is doing what we would call...spamming intelligently. I personally find his posts funny, and most people have him on ignore. There are, however, a lot of malicious people who intentionally break the forum rules to scream, yell, rage, and vent at him, for being himself.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:43 am
Team: Traders
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 5455

Tyler Durden wrote:
The world economy is not at stake.. lol

Maybe not, but your comment does show that you have no idea how serious this is. As someone that buys goods and imports into my country, I buy and deal in US dollars. Most of my friends here are farmers that sell their grains overseas in US dollars. More of my friends are miners employed by companies that sell the metals and minerals they mine overseas in US dollars.

What this debate will do, and is doing, is make the US dollar suspect, thus weaker. So my imports are cheaper to bring into Australia, yet my other friends get less for their product as it becomes more expensive. Around 85% of international trade is done in US dollars. Without a stable currency to deal in, trade becomes too volatile so another currency will be sought to replace the US dollar. Whether it's euros, Swiss Francs or Chinese Yuan matters not, it will lessen demand for the US dollar and thus the value of that dollar will spiral down. On top of the global financial Crisis that the US still hasn't recovered from, this has the potential to destroy what is left of the US economy.

This is the biggest fuck up that I could possibly imagine for the US, it's economy and it's people. And it's self inflicted. Like the implosion that happened to the USSR 20 odd years ago. I think history will show this to be the beginning of the end of the US being a "super power".

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:14 am
Team: Surrender the Booty
Main: Tyler-Durden
Level: 2017

I do know how serious this is for everyone in the US and those who trade in their currency. I just didn't feel like typing it.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:07 pm