Team: Eminence Front
Main: Combustion
Level: 4673

Post my report card.
Here's my report card. First marking cycle of a junior in high school that plays SS.
I can actually say that SS has developed my vocabulary and has drasticly improved on my literacy :D but still gotta get that edumacation, ya know.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:17 pm
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Post Re: my report card.
I got a C on both semesters of Japanese from my high school :\
Don't feel bad. You only need two years for college.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:22 pm
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

get frostfang/chino to help you with spanish!, if not them then their whole family, iirc they had 46+ members

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:28 pm

My spanish class sucks because the majority of my classmates are spanish and sit in the front of the room. They finish before anyone else, so my teacher uses them as an example of the "normal" students, anyone who cannot keep up with them are considered a "bad" student, therefore i am usally discriminated agaisnt just because they know all the answers, even when i ask to slow down, i get told to keep up (how do i get on the same level of a peer who has been speaking spanish since he was born o0?) and because i am blacklisted, my teacher refuses to tutor me after school. It's ridiculous. . . but i guess i get a taste of what it's like to be "below average," and i've learned to not say i'm finished with this maths quadrilateral first becuase there might be someone struggling to keep up behind me.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Dude, discrimination in any school is warrant enough to straight to the principal/dean/superintendent. I don't care what that teacher believes, but discriminating any student for any reason is usually enough to get him or her fired and teaching licence revoked.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:07 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Yeah dude.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:59 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

That's not discrimination, that's lack of discrimination. ie: not being able to see the difference.
You won't be able to do anything with a charge of discrimination. You'd think I'm crazy but that's how it'll end up, that or a "you should have said something" excuse.

I've had similar problems with classmates cheating. "Everyone else got the work done." when it wasn't even assigned yet... (They heard from their friends in other classes that there was an assignment due, so they did it. I had similar things happen with about 6 class at once, my class was the one class that wasn't told about it. Other classes were doing the assignment so the teacher assumed they told everyone. You've never seen such arguing with a teacher before.)

Trust me, you have to somehow bring it to their attention before you go to any higher authority otherwise it'll "be the first I've ever heard of it". You could always try studying a chapter ahead.

--
"Equality" means that if you're not as good at something as someone else, you're just slacking. At least, that's how it's used in this day and age.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:31 pm

My assumption was that, since they were "Spanish" students from a "Spanish" background, in which their parents probably speak "Spanish", that they already know "Spanish". And they were using the class as an easy class for whatever reason. I know that even growing up in such background and knowing such language, being American means I can take the fucking class and no one will question my choice, in fact...I will have to take the class for both my high school and college requirements. Even better if the language class is the only language class in the school. One of my high schools *ONLY* taught Spanish, and another *ONLY* taught French. Even if you knew the language, you still had to take the class. End of story.

If I was in his situation, I'd go straight to the teacher's boss (eg Principal). That is how I've always done it, and it got results for me unless the whole staff was trying to kick me out (and yes, there was a high school that was deliberately doing it based on race) The teacher "has" to have had some kind of brain to get the bachelor's needed to teach, and has to know if the students in his or her class are well versed in whatever the teacher is teaching. Using the students that already know their stuff as the "baseline" for everyone has got to be the most stupidest thing for a teacher to do.

But, as my advise...talk to the teacher first, let the teacher know your frustrations. If the teacher blows you off and continues as before, go straight to the teacher's boss, usually the Principal. You lead us to believe your effort is sound, your understanding is not, and the teacher is deliberately using what I presume to be "Honors" students as a baseline for people who don't understand in the first place. If that is true,...oh boy, is that teacher in trouble.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Well, ok you guys seem to be asuming what type of situation I am in. Yes, this is my 2nd year of spanish, but i have to admit that last year, the only reason i passed spanish was because my classmates were so destructive that the teacher had no control over them what so ever; so i guess when she sees other kids throwing desks at her, and then looks at me, a quiet kid who is actually trying to do his work and comprehend what she is teaching inbetween here constant cries for help, she without a dought gives me an A. Yes i go to public school, and yes, my classmates and peers are diverse, wild, and (at times) scary. But i have talked to my guildence counciler and my priciple, and they have fired my spanish 1 teacher, but, even though i struggled on my final exam, i did pass and aquire the credits from my spanish 1 class, so trying to re-take the class is out of the solution table. The thing is, i personally belive that i did not aquire the skills to enter spanish 2, as i seem to fall inbetween a limbo of the two (spanish 1.5...), knowing enough for spanish 1, but not enough to complete spanish 2 work without useing google traslate.

As for the problem with my spanish two teacher, she doesn't really care for my situation. A situation that i have bought to her attension countless times, with even ways to solve it; as i said before, after school tutoring, and even before school tutoring. She simply refuses. Well, i seem to be in a bit of a pickel, because i am the only one struggling in this class, and even though the spanish community in my school is slim, i'm sorry to say that i have met every spanish peer that attends my school in that one class, and it seems none of them like me very much. Even though my nationality is british, my ethnicity is black, an ethnicity that crouds 70% of my public school, and i'm sorry to say that we, at times can be the most idiotic and cruelist of enthicitys, but i cannot say that for everyone; but i can only say it because it is a stereotype that the 3% of the spanish community holds deer, especially when most of that cruelty is directed towards them by our, short fused, non-well rounded, kin (in shorter words, the thugs in out school like to taught,bully,and harass the spanish community in our school, mainly the teachers because they already hate complex classes, and putting them in a class that's even fustrating for me, would make them much more hostile towards anyone who looks like the person directing the class.)

Well i can relate my situation to: put 1 non-rasist white kid in a black high school at a time when the civil rights movement was about to take place.
My comparision may be a bit "radical" to say the least, but look at it this way, i deserve what's comming to me, even though i had nothing to do with it and it wasn't my fualt, someone has to pay for what people who look like me have done, and unfortunately it's me :shock: .

Yes i have done all the assignments in my spanish class, have even re-done classwork assignments at lunch time because it has been riped up out of share disrispect, and -as she continues to tell me- as a sign of diciplin. Ya it hurts when i get 70s on tests and cannot retake them, and it hurts when i have to use my free time and lunch period to study out of a textbook that i had to google traslate the cover of, but as i said before, life sucks and shit happens, ya i was sad that even though i tried my hardest, something i haven't needed to do since spanish 1, it's simply not enough,but it doesn't bother me as much as it did. I have a clear understanding of how i got into this situation and why it is a problem, heck, even how it can be sloved, but for right now, all i can do is play some spanish podcasts on my phone as i walk to school and play dora the explora games on my laptop until i can flently speak spanish to pass this manditory class, once and for all, atlest with a 90 so i can stay on high honor roll.

Ps. i sort of feel like in her class, excellence is standard. Standard is below standard. Below standard is disgraceful; and disgraceful is being a black student struggling in her class - me.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Quote:
she doesn't really care for my situation. A situation that i have bought to her attension countless times, with even ways to solve it; as i said before, after school tutoring, and even before school tutoring. She simply refuses. Well, i seem to be in a bit of a pickel, because i am the only one struggling in this class, and even though the spanish community in my school is slim, i'm sorry to say that i have met every spanish peer that attends my school in that one class, and it seems none of them like me very much. Even though my nationality is british, my ethnicity is black

Ok, I take back discrimination in general. I replace it with racism.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:12 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

Panzer50 wrote:
get frostfang/chino to help you with spanish!, if not them then their whole family, iirc they had 46+ members

claro que te puedo ayudar con tu español

Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 pm

thanks frostfang, but it seem like i am a lost cause, especially when i had to google translate what you just said. :(

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:36 pm

sometimes even that does not help me mostly Daedalus is the one helping me :lol:

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:42 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

the one wrote:
thanks frostfang, but it seem like i am a lost cause, especially when i had to google translate what you just said. :(
Don't worry, a native speaker would have trouble figuring that mess out. :lol:

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeaaaaa :mrgreen:

Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:01 pm