Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Post Re: my report card.
Well, this thread escalated quickly. It sounds liike there are other Spanish teachers in your school; have you tied asking them for help? Unless I'm missunderstanding something, it also sounds like your teacher intentionally destroyed an assignment right in front of you. Have you considered keeping an audio recording of these classes? If the class is moving too quickly, at least you'll be able to go back and cover it again more slowly.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Combustion
Level: 4673

Post Re: my report card.
The Salty One wrote:
Well, this thread escalated quickly. It sounds liike there are other Spanish teachers in your school; have you tied asking them for help? Unless I'm missunderstanding something, it also sounds like your teacher intentionally destroyed an assignment right in front of you. Have you considered keeping an audio recording of these classes? If the class is moving too quickly, at least you'll be able to go back and cover it again more slowly.

Ya i've tried other spanish teachers, but they have their own adgenda to follow and have no time to help before and after school.

Well, in that situation, the assignemt i did was poorly done; in a sense that i had to read and answer spanish questions in class, i had thought i was doing it correctly, finished the assignment with the assuption that i hopfully did it correctly, not only to find out i was doing it completely incorrectly, but to find out that Ms. Anto's fustration was so great, it launched my assignment sheet in the trash. :(

All electronic devices are prohiborted within class, so i can't really record a class, but i do take notes. The problem with my notes is that, it's simply definitions; telling me that por que = why, or pizza = pizza, but not that it's piz-za, or por-k so my prononciation is terrible when speaking spanish, which leads to a stright zero out of 100 on my oral tests. To fight that, i simply download audio tapes of funny podcasts or radio talk shows off of youtube, and listen to how they speak to and from school. i can't really say i've improved yet, but with all, it takes time.

And the thing with her class is that, she's not going to slow down because like i said before, in this situation, it seems like i am the bad apple in the bunch, so even when i ask to slow down, i get told to speed up because i was expected to know this from spanish 1. One of the solutions i've actually confronted her about was if she could send me some powerpoints from class to my email, so just in case i can't really understand something, i could study it properly at home; a request that was quicky declined.

So in turn, yes to others she can seem racist, but i cannot prove such accusations. I can only pass or fail - my options.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:08 pm