Main: Spartan 141
Level: 3448

Post SSD+Windows sugestions
I have currently a 64 gb ssd in my pc, running my os, however program files and user files automatically go into the C: drive due to windows, ive seen a few commands to use but they seem to cause corruption issues down the road. Was just wondering if anyone had a solution to this issue short of bigger ssd or use linux.

Absolutely no comment.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:08 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Re: SSD+Windows sugestions
You'd need to set your computer up to use a secondary drive for user documents, but I have no idea how to do this on Windows. Probably isn't helped at all by the weird file system hierarchy.

In linux, you can do it at install time (you can do it afterwards, but it's more complicated and you have to make temporary filesystems or something), although assuming you want the OS on the SSD and your user files on a HDD, 64GB is a bit of a space waste for linux (My root partition is 20gb, and I still have most of it free).

Support

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:47 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

You can mount a partition as a folder inside of windows, this is what you want to do.

http://www.howtogeek.com/172580/how-to- ... r-windows/

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:32 pm
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Blue Dwarf wrote:
You'd need to set your computer up to use a secondary drive for user documents, but I have no idea how to do this on Windows. Probably isn't helped at all by the weird file system hierarchy.

In linux, you can do it at install time (you can do it afterwards, but it's more complicated and you have to make temporary filesystems or something), although assuming you want the OS on the SSD and your user files on a HDD, 64GB is a bit of a space waste for linux (My root partition is 20gb, and I still have most of it free).

On linux you can actually one up that, and create whats called an union mount. So that both the ssd and the normal disks are used on it (one of the 2 is read only, the other get all the writes). Its pretty convenient of that kind of thing heh.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:58 am
Main: Spartan 141
Level: 3448

Bigee thanks for the sugestion but i do basically that already ;D, and i know it works beautifully on linux, unfortunately 90% of my games dont work on linux or id be there now haha, i know i can change the registry settings but as far as ive seen eventually windows just freaks out and goes capluey.

by the way i know i do not have proper grammar heh. thanks for all the sugestions though

Absolutely no comment.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:00 pm