Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Post Re: NASA validates "impossible" EMdrive
MasterTrader wrote:
I see there's no need to continue this conversation

if you dont want arrogant, belittling responses, dont give them in the first place.

i cannot fathom why you would expect a polite respectful reply in response to an arrogant insulting one. its absurd.

its like walking up to someone and saying "hey, fuck you" and then getting offended when they say "fuck you too"

seriously, are you gonna justify your actions? or apologise? or are you just gonna slink away while pretending that i was the disrespectful one?

Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:07 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

landswimmer wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
I see there's no need to continue this conversation

if you dont want arrogant, belittling responses, dont give them in the first place.

i cannot fathom why you would expect a polite respectful reply in response to an arrogant insulting one. its absurd.

its like walking up to someone and saying "hey, fuck you" and then getting offended when they say "fuck you too"

seriously, are you gonna justify your actions? or apologise? or are you just gonna slink away while pretending that i was the disrespectful one?

I laughed at your comment about cheap rockets because there are no cheap rockets currently in use. You made arguments that claimed that diagnostic tools and personnel trained to operate them were not neccessary. There is no need to argue with you. Please let this go landswimmer, no one was making fun of you.

I can laugh at what you say without thinking less of you, especially if its funny. We've had a discussion in the past about my thoughts in regard to the posts you make and the commentary you leave, there was no animosity then. I've given you no cause to become combative. I did not insult you either.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:18 pm
Main: Tenno
Level: 0

LOL don't be such a noob, landswimmer!

'we could colonise the entire galaxy in only a few hundred thousand years'

Won't take longer than two thousand years to colonise a quarter of the galaxy. Humans will most surely spread extremely thin and colonise way too much, without any real need to do so, with the pace of growth growing exponentially, not largely due to the increasing population and amount of resources available, but mostly because of technology.

I can very easily envision entire sectors of space owned by some billionaires, with thousands of solar systems exploited solely by automated systems, with the habitable planets housing the billionaires' dinasties (which will reach to be bilions in numbers, as rejuvenation is already very close to coming to fruition).

Pretty likely humans will also become a 'secondary' source of labor, which corporation owners would use just because 'meh', why not have some more industrial power? So they'd be paid poorly, and humans will just always come second to automated systems.

And because humans are extremely capitalistic (greedy as fuck) humanity will just continue to expand using robots and/or maybe slave clones too to just expand infinitely, just because of the perceived 'wealth' such expansion would bring to the billionaires/corporations. Why not expand your territory when you can, and there is no real threat to doing so?

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:16 am
Main: Cancelled

lol whats going on in this thread? whos arguing?

who cares.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Old Spice wrote:
lol whats going on in this thread? whos arguing?

who cares.

You did care enough to comment.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:08 am
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

landswimmer still has it

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 am

MasterTrader wrote:
I laughed at your comment about cheap rockets because there are no cheap rockets currently in use.

when i said "cheap rockets" i meant cheap in comparison to other rockets.

just like when someone says "cheap car" they mean cheap in comparison to other cars, I.E. a car worth $10,000-$20,000 rather than $40,000-$80,000

you KNEW exactly what i meant, i refuse to beleive that you're not smart enough to know what i meant.

You made arguments that claimed that diagnostic tools and personnel trained to operate them were not neccessary.

everything needed to test the EMdrive, with the exception of the EMdrive itself, is already in space.

Please let this go landswimmer, no one was making fun of you.

you are, why cant you just admit it?

I've given you no cause to become combative.

yes, you have. unintentional misinterpretation is no cause for offence, but its not "unintentional misinterpretation" when the reader insists upon their interpretation, like you're doing right now, by saying:

MasterTrader wrote:
I laughed at your comment about cheap rockets because there are no cheap rockets currently in use.

I did not insult you either.

your post became insulting and disrespectful the second you tried to make fun of me for saying "cheap rockets".

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Tenno wrote:

'we could colonise the entire galaxy in only a few hundred thousand years'

Won't take longer than two thousand years to colonise a quarter of the galaxy.

the speed of light says otherwise.

Humans will most surely spread extremely thin and colonise way too much, without any real need to do so, with the pace of growth growing exponentially, not largely due to the increasing population and amount of resources available, but mostly because of technology.

I can very easily envision entire sectors of space owned by some billionaires, with thousands of solar systems exploited solely by automated systems, with the habitable planets housing the billionaires' dinasties (which will reach to be bilions in numbers, as rejuvenation is already very close to coming to fruition).

Pretty likely humans will also become a 'secondary' source of labor, which corporation owners would use just because 'meh', why not have some more industrial power? So they'd be paid poorly, and humans will just always come second to automated systems.

And because humans are extremely capitalistic (greedy as fuck) humanity will just continue to expand using robots and/or maybe slave clones too to just expand infinitely, just because of the perceived 'wealth' such expansion would bring to the billionaires/corporations. Why not expand your territory when you can, and there is no real threat to doing so?

ladies and gentlemen, THIS is why you dont just drop your opinion into a thread without reading it first.

literally nothing you have said has any relation to the EMdrive.

and if you were looking to have a discussion on any of the points you raised, you probably shouldnt have started your post with:

Tenno wrote:

its just not a very good way to start a discussion.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 pm

I never took you for someone as sensible, landswimmer, that's for sure. Would've thought you're able to take a joke, or at least not be insulted by someone calling you a noob for absolutely no reason over the internet.

Regardless, as I already stated, the expansion will happen due to the growth and improvement rate of technology, which is and will still be growing exponentially for a long time to come. Who the hell cares about light years anymore when we're talking about humans in a couple thousand year old technological revolution.

And, indeed, it had nothing to do with the thread, but with your comment.

Now, please, how about we have a discussion, and we learn about when someone is meaning to be insulting and not, even over the internet. It can't be all too hard.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:32 am

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... ible-drive

ignoring 3 positive test results because "MUH NEWTON'S LAWS" is fucking arrogant and unscientific.

as a scientist, it pisses me off to see dogmatic fuckwits dismiss a potentially revolutionary technology just because it shouldnt be possible according to our incomplete theories of physics.

christian fundies dont stand in the way of progress anywhere near as badly as dogmatic assholes who think humanity's understanding of physics is perfect, because it fucking isnt. we still dont know how superconductivity works, but you dont see people disputing the existence of superconductivity. why? because theory doesnt fucking matter if the evidence is conclusive.

but it pisses me off even more that those same fuckwits are going to "forget" how obstructive they were once the technology is in use, and they're going to do the same fucking thing to the next poor bastard who invents something revolutionary and redefines our understanding of physics.

because that is what dogmatic fuckwits do, they stand in the way of progress, by being too fucking stupid to understand the most important thing about science - keeping an open mind and emperically testing hypotheses.

what isnt scientific, is being a closed minded asshole and dismissing something because experimental results contradict the prevailing theory

and thats not even mentioning the fucking scumbags who ridicule others for not being as closed minded as they are.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:51 pm

you're a scientist? lol

if that's the case, then I am Barack Obama, bringing you affordable healthcare and change to this great nation

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Old Spice wrote:
you're a scientist? lol

if that's the case, then I am Barack Obama, bringing you affordable healthcare and change to this great nation

just because you've wasted your life doesnt mean everyone else has too.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

landswimmer wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

when i said "cheap rockets" i meant cheap in comparison to other rockets.

just like when someone says "cheap car" they mean cheap in comparison to other cars, I.E. a car worth $10,000-$20,000 rather than $40,000-$80,000

you KNEW exactly what i meant, i refuse to beleive that you're not smart enough to know what i meant.

You made arguments that claimed that diagnostic tools and personnel trained to operate them were not neccessary.

everything needed to test the EMdrive, with the exception of the EMdrive itself, is already in space.

Please let this go landswimmer, no one was making fun of you.

you are, why cant you just admit it?

I've given you no cause to become combative.

yes, you have. unintentional misinterpretation is no cause for offence, but its not "unintentional misinterpretation" when the reader insists upon their interpretation, like you're doing right now, by saying:

MasterTrader wrote:

I did not insult you either.

your post became insulting and disrespectful the second you tried to make fun of me for saying "cheap rockets".

Yeah, I'm just going to leave off with this:

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 am

landswimmer wrote:
Old Spice wrote:
you're a scientist? lol

don't back talk your president like that, or il bring sanctions up on you

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:34 am

landswimmer wrote:
Old Spice wrote:
you're a scientist? lol

I would think that a scientist would be able to be polite and, likewise, be able to keep composure on the forums of an online video game, when someone questions your intelligence/RL occupation.

All in all, please learn to accept people with a diferent state of mind, and be willing to argue with any and all people, no matter how retarded said people must seem to you.

Poor Ron Paul has done that for years over years, reason why a 'small time' presidential candidate like him managed to garner as much respect.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:00 pm