Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Destiny
Warframe > Destiny. I stopped playing Warframe though cause the controls are just so annoying and i cba figuring out a configuration i like :lol:

I dont know if you guys have done the raid on destiny though, but that is the single most fun thing ive ever done on a online game. The way you really have to communicate and work together with the 5 other players is amazing. Plus the fact there is those awesome cave mazes in between fights is pretty epic. Only thing is that once you know how to do it its going to get boring. Would be epic if they had a shit ton more raids not just 1 or 2 or whatever it is...

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:02 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

omgitspeanut wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

I have played Warframe, and I like it, but Destiny is worlds better.

Also, as far as gaming goes, Warframe is a joke. It is the most unchallenging game I have ever played. The bots are incredibly stupid, and the players are entirely too overpowered because DE will never be able to balance the mod system for gear in a way that does not lead to weapons that tear through endgame bosses in seconds.

That's when setting up challenges comes in.
Besides that, since I've played that game for too long, the only challenge is doing 100+ waves on Pluto Defense. Or a long-ass survival mission.
I give you that one on Warframe.

But Destiny... The differences I've noticed is....
Nothing? It has less NPC's and shields are supposedly massive bullet sponges. Just another gear grinding game. Really, the only difference to me is that Warframe is free.

Depends on which parts of Destiny you are playing. Heroic modifiers in the game get pretty fun, and the raid on hard is a total bitch to do, but completely awesome when you finally succeed.

Nightfalls and Heroics are cool because the modifiers do things like increase melee damage by absurd amounts (which means you can try to play that as a strength, but messing up in doing so means that a melee from the weakest AI in the area *will* kill you if you mess up at all), elemental damage type boosts that target the damage type of the enemy in the area (so that extremely weak AI can damn near one shot you, but with the proper gear you can also use it to drop more difficult enemies with ease), the Nightfall modifier in general (which doesn't start you from the start when you die, but instead completely kicks you out of the event).

Then the raid was actually really well designed (I would like to see a few specific things changed, but overall I am a huge fan), and in hard mode there is not reviving which means everyone executes perfectly or the group will immediately wipe (this also limits the ability of high level players to carry low levels through the hard raid for gear, as you need everyone up and contributing in most events).

Then there's the weapon mechanics... they are brilliant. All unique weapons are designed with upgrades that are not completely generic (they have mods specifically selected to talk to specific strengths of the weapon), and the generic mods that are put on them are very obviously selected to give you some ability to mitigate select drawbacks while directly sacrificing in other areas.

Character progression is amazing. Getting all legendary does not immediately make you top dog (you can equip better gear and go down in level), you have to individually level and upgrade each piece to get it to it's full potential, and you need to find armor pieces that have upgrades that speak to your play style, and weapons to maximize your character.

As for Warframe

I liked Warframe (I play Loki builds religiously), but DE does not have the necessary resources to make that game flourish. They have shown an inability to properly balance anything, inability to make a decent multi-player competitive system, cannot make it challenging because they cannot balance weapons, too many Warframes also have abilities that are instant win cards (Rhino, Loki, Nyx, Nova, Vauban, etc...) in almost every situation with minimal experience, completely fucked weapon efficacy compared to others (Tigris is complete garbage for everything except specter builds, there is literally no reason for that weapon to exist, as well as almost all sniper rifles), elemental damage stacking is completely overpowered.

In essence, Warframe is a flash game. It's free, and easy. There is no challenge, it is just a way to experiment with fun setups to see what you can accomplish when you're bored.

Basically, I play

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:26 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Am play destiny

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:19 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2