Main: Mofouler
Level: 1296

Post Merica
So I'm a little caked (intoxicated) but I've always felt this forum has been a unique mix of ideas and viewpoints on different social or international events. With me living in the US I wanted to maybe see if you guys could help enlighten me with your ideas or theories on what is happening in this particular country. Not too say that other people can't have similar things going on in their respective country so feel welcome.

To be honest I feel like this country has so many issues going on I can't seem to get my head around it. For example in fergurson we have most if not all of the major TV mediaoutlets just producing flame bait and not looking at the real issue. Everyone is all so caught up in the racial hate that there not looking at the bigger picture with our militarized police state and that any if not all local and federal police can seize your property as under Civil Forfeiture. Basically your property is guilty until you prove it innocent and you don't even have to be charged for a crime. I don't see why this isn't a bigger issue.

How do you guys go on knowing that majority of the people in this country are completely oblivious to the utter amount of BS that is around us? I've always been curious but in the recent couple of years its been really becoming apparent that the things our parents told us when we were kids mostly no longer apply.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:32 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: Merica
Murica is built around this value called freedom but it feels like majority of western countries have more freedom than Murica.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:32 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

"most if not all of the major TV mediaoutlets just producing flame bait and not looking at the real issue."

I can't agree more on that point. It really does seem like over the past decade, I've only been watching the news for entertainment instead of information because it's utterly ridiculous. The scary part to me is the fact that people actually still watch for information purposes and believe all of it too.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:24 pm

I feel like that is the scariest part is the small number of people who actually are aware that main TV news is a social contruct made to be biased against each other. Thus making people pick sides on issues they don't really understand. Just the other day the Republicans just changed the House rules now that they have control of the house in which only the Majority Leader or whoever they pick to speak can bring up new bills and pick which ones they review. Even when directly asked if they changed the rule they dodged the question. This is the problem we need to just gut all of Washington and just start over

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:47 am
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

It's not just Merica, this whole world is getting soo wrong and I'm simply terrified how people don't give a shit about anything.
Sometimes it feels like all these peoples are just animals that can speech, living their live just to eat, drink and get laid, dreaming about better food, better drinks and new cars.

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:21 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
It seems like the Internet is the one place left with free thinking and intelligent citizens. Which is a sad statement, considering we spend our days trolling the shit out of each other.

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:33 pm

I think thats the one saving grace of this generation is the internet. Without it so many things in world would go unnoticed and I feel like so many more people would be suppressed. Hopefully it stays free like it is now but there are always forces trying to change that.

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
It seems like the Internet is the one place left with free thinking and intelligent citizens. Which is a sad statement, considering we spend our days trolling the shit out of each other.

:roll: . The internet spends its time trolling the shiht out of each other because 90%+ of the people doing it are trolls. The people who do that don't give a shit about anyone elses well being in the slightest, and is more than willing to castigate someone else for their own pleasure. The same people that are doing that stuff, are the same people that exist out there in the real world with the rest of us.

Whats going on in Ferguson isn't as simple as "The media is whipping up a frenzy, nothing they say is true" or "Cops are bad and corrupt, you can't trust any cops" or "Darren Wilson is a lying racist asshole" or "Michael Brown was a thug who assaulted an officer, therefore he deserved to die". Theres history and context galore there and in other parts of the country, and anyone who denies the importance of that history and context is denying the reality of a simple fact:

History shapes our future.

Those who say that racism is a tool used to keep people fighting each other instead of fighting a common enemy are totally correct. Doesn't justify ignoring someone's bigotry though.

/stepsoffsoapbox

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:39 am
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

the problem with the world is that so many people don't understand. ISIS doesn't understand that what they're doing, by definition, cannot be justified. the average person doesn't understand the motivations of any person ever, including themselves.

any more examples?

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:29 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

starwyrm wrote:
the problem with the world is that so many people don't understand. ISIS doesn't understand that what they're doing, by definition, cannot be justified. the average person doesn't understand the motivations of any person ever, including themselves.

any more examples?

If you changed "don't understand" to "don't think rationally" then you'd have it right. And people can't think rationally when they're barely surviving while others are living well in their eyes.

Global poverty makes huge contributions to shit like ISIS and other criminal organizations, this is something that is widely understood. People that are comfortable don't want radical changes, its why the U.S. puts such a big deal on stabilizing its middle class. This is history, and ignoring the chain of causes is the best way to never fix anything. You don't see any doctor worth his salts saying "Oh, he has inflammation. That's the problem!" They go deeper and try to figure out why the patient has inflammation, and attempt to treat the underly causes.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:27 pm

MasterTrader wrote:

Global poverty makes huge contributions to shit like ISIS and other criminal organizations, this is something that is widely understood. People that are comfortable don't want radical changes, its why the U.S. puts such a big deal on stabilizing its middle class. This is history, and ignoring the chain of causes is the best way to never fix anything. You don't see any doctor worth his salts saying "Oh, he has inflammation. That's the problem!" They go deeper and try to figure out why the patient has inflammation, and attempt to treat the underly causes.
This^^. I've been mulling this over for awhile now and I've come to the conclusion that not all but at least the major parts of our government are bought. There's too much money and greed in politics that nobody trust the Senate or Congress and support in the executive branch is falling. I think this is inevitable since majority of people are not of aware of this problem and are distracted by social constructs that the powers that be employ.....like celebrities,racism,class warfare, political flame wars ect.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Team: Traders
Main: PrincessLuna
Level: 3591

damn it those fucking peanuts, i hate them sometimes, it's kind of a love-hate relationship or something going on but yeah, anyway is this stuff about furgeson and the titty twisters that riot there and loot stuff?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:34 am

tone down the language, son.

you see, this is why internet citizens are supposedly 'Immature.'

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:28 am
Team: Traders
Main: PrincessLuna
Level: 3591

starwyrm wrote:
tone down the language, son.

you see, this is why internet citizens are supposedly 'Immature.'

buzz off peasant, I can do what i want

using language isn't immature all the time

oh and fuck those peanuts! damn it

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:19 pm

no, but using such language when it's uncalled for is DEFINITELY a bit immature.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:24 am