Team: Traders League
Main: Trenton
Level: 1615

Post Its a Road, NOT a Race-Track!
WARNING - This topic's suggested Viewing is highly DISTURBING, and should NOT be participated in by Minors or anybody under the Legal Driving-Age!

A not so old saying we have here in Australia is "Its a Road, NOT a Race-Track!". We tend to say this because, most young people get their first car, and inevitably go hooning around in a reckless and dangerous manner, simply because of their youthfull arrogance and hormonal imballances, and because of their inate imaturity and lack of life experience! Its (the statement) intended to give these young people the Hint, and make them think about driving safely, and being concientious behind the wheel.

To this end, I encourage all young drivers (P-Platers and those convicted of Driving Offences in particular!!) to get onto You-Tube and search for "Most Dangerous Crashes" or "Horrible Road Accidents" and take the time to view the various collections (compilations) of dash-cam viewing!

Be WARNED, this Viewing is one hell of a Life-Lesson for the viewer, it shocked the crud out of me, and just quietly, because I have been convicted of drink-driving at a young age; I feel that I've learned for myself, what I sort of allready knew, that the Road is one hell of a dangerous place!

If you vomit after a few hours of watching them, I empathise, yet I offer no appologies. But if you do view enough of it, I'm sure you'll have a much greater respect for other road users, and probably promise yourself that you'll never drive around like an idiot, or drive around drunk, and that you'll always expect the worst!

Be a Carefull and Safe Driver - Dont Drink and Drive - Always ware your Seat-Belt! - DONT SPEED!

Fri May 08, 2015 5:11 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

Post Re: Its a Road, NOT a Race-Track!
wat

Fri May 08, 2015 5:59 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

The fuck?

Fri May 08, 2015 6:29 am
Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

theguru wrote:
WARNING - This topic's suggested Viewing is highly DISTURBING, and should NOT be participated in by Minors or anybody under the Legal Driving-Age!

A not so old saying we have here in Australia is "Its a Road, NOT a Race-Track!". We tend to say this because, most young people get their first car, and inevitably go hooning around in a reckless and dangerous manner, simply because of their youthfull arrogance and hormonal imballances, and because of their inate imaturity and lack of life experience! Its (the statement) intended to give these young people the Hint, and make them think about driving safely, and being concientious behind the wheel.

To this end, I encourage all young drivers (P-Platers and those convicted of Driving Offences in particular!!) to get onto You-Tube and search for "Most Dangerous Crashes" or "Horrible Road Accidents" and take the time to view the various collections (compilations) of dash-cam viewing!

Be WARNED, this Viewing is one hell of a Life-Lesson for the viewer, it shocked the crud out of me, and just quietly, because I have been convicted of drink-driving at a young age; I feel that I've learned for myself, what I sort of allready knew, that the Road is one hell of a dangerous place!

If you vomit after a few hours of watching them, I empathise, yet I offer no appologies. But if you do view enough of it, I'm sure you'll have a much greater respect for other road users, and probably promise yourself that you'll never drive around like an idiot, or drive around drunk, and that you'll always expect the worst!

Be a Carefull and Safe Driver - Dont Drink and Drive - Always ware your Seat-Belt! - DONT SPEED!

WB Laz

Fri May 08, 2015 6:52 am
Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

Speaking of vomit

Fri May 08, 2015 6:54 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Just dock your car and repair. It'll be like the accident never happened.

Fri May 08, 2015 8:11 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Thanks dad

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri May 08, 2015 8:56 am
Main: ddementiapillss
Level: 3358

theguru wrote:

you know what laz you're one of the most interesting/creative people in the entire community and i gotta respect you for that pal (drink-driving?) (recommending that people watch a few HOURS of 'most dangerous car crashes'?) (what's a 'p-plater'?)

Loving the message / color scheme buddy! keep it up

Fri May 08, 2015 11:58 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

theguru wrote:
If you vomit after a few hours of watching them

theguru wrote:
after a few hours of watching them

theguru wrote:
a few hours of watching them

OP

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat May 09, 2015 12:09 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
theguru wrote:
If you vomit after a few hours of watching them

theguru wrote:
after a few hours of watching them

theguru wrote:
a few hours of watching them

OP

SS seems to attract a special brand of crazy people.

Sat May 09, 2015 1:52 am
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

some german autobahns are semi racetracks, lucky me i live 30 mins away from unbegrenzt geschwindigkeit(DE for unlimited speed).

*grabs car keys, fills her up with some good ol V-Power and hits da road*

Tue May 19, 2015 7:03 pm
Team: Iron and Fire
Main: Joan Of Arcade
Level: 109

<3

Tue May 19, 2015 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 5455

pxnkerton wrote:

(what's a 'p-plater'?)

A "P Plater" is a probationary driver that is required to show "P" plates. they must be visible front and back of the vehicle. In most States of Australia I believe you now have to be on "P"s for the first 2 years of holding a driving licence. Along with this may be restrictions on the amount of passengers they can have, what top speed they can do and of course a very restrictive level of blood alcohol. (either 0.00 or 0.02, depending on the state). If you have them up you are a target for the traffic police. If you don't and get found out, there are severe penalties.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:15 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

All roads are race tracks. Why else would they have more than one lane omg

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:27 am
Main: ddementiapillss
Level: 3358

Makka wrote:
A "P Plater" is a probationary driver that is required to show "P" plates. they must be visible front and back of the vehicle. In most States of Australia I believe you now have to be on "P"s for the first 2 years of holding a driving licence. Along with this may be restrictions on the amount of passengers they can have, what top speed they can do and of course a very restrictive level of blood alcohol. (either 0.00 or 0.02, depending on the state). If you have them up you are a target for the traffic police. If you dont and get found out, there are severe penalties.

Huh! The More You Know

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:16 pm