Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:48 pm
Posts: 34
Post Re: Top 5 Useless Martial Arts
I like how the Nobody with nothing better to do than take half facts off the internet, read a couple of sports magazines, and automatically consider himself a master of all techniques, comes onto this forum to argue with the marine about how he is shit.

I'm more inclined to believe the marine, be him an asshole or not, because rarely do people actually lie about being in any armed forces. More often than not, however, people lie about being an 'expert' in a particular field, because it's easier to bullshit stuff than fake representation in an organization.

Most modern martial arts are about close quarter combat, defense, and or a core philosophy to better your life. In real life, no one plays fair. They don't "step into a ring of your choosing". If you want a fight, be prepared to be ganked in alleys, home invaded, car jacked, and have all manner of legal action stepping on the bug you are. And that is assuming people come unarmed; firearms are a great force application item. Just remember that if you start a war, you may not get to dictate the rules or ending.


Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:46 pm
Profile
Main: Hyper Psychic Assailant
Level: 2395

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 582
Location: Middle of Nowhere (South Pacific islands)
Post Re: Top 5 Useless Martial Arts
ShawnMcCall wrote:


Yep, and I can teach you literally everything about handling and basic maintenance of the M9 service pistol, m16a4 and m4 rifles in about 30 minutes. Marksmanship takes a few hours to train correctly. We have around 20 hours a year of required weapons handling training. 20 hours a month is the sustainment requirement for martial arts (as in not enough to advance at all). People actively progressing in martial arts find themselves doing 30-60 hours a week of training.

As for your bullshit claim that most of our training is for civilian reintegration; I went to a 5 day course that was 4-6 hours a day 20 days before I gother out and that's literally all the "training" you get in that area.

The fact is HPS, I don't have to disagree with your point to disagree with you. You specialize in making baseless bullshit claims (which is why none of your first post is based on numbers or expert opinions, but instead your traditionally bullshit opinions). Every time you post you drag your name further into the mud. You are a legend in your own mind, while the rest of the world sees an ego centric child. Maybe rather than just having a large ego you should find a reason to deserve such a large ego.

Oh and where did I call myself a martial arts master? I did the training, but here's the thing; if I ever get in a fight I don't give a shit about physical domination, I will give you two rounds to the chest because that's all the sweat and time an opponent is worth.


And I never called myself a marine, though I am close friends with a multiple individuals who served in the military.

Facts are facts, just like cars are cars, houses are houses, and bullshit is bullshit. Just taking a look at the techniques each martial art listed teaches will reveal how limited they are in a real fight. It doesn't take a genius to realize that whoever claims they can easily beat an untrained individual because they know Ninjutsu/Taekwondo/Capoeira is a MA plonker. I'm willing to change my mind if there is any contradicting evidence, but you (and no one else here) has provided any, and your irrational keyboard insults make it clearer that you are incapable.

Now that's a true survivor's mindset.


Last edited by Valkyrie300 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:49 pm
Profile
Main: Hyper Psychic Assailant
Level: 2395

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 582
Location: Middle of Nowhere (South Pacific islands)
Post Re: Top 5 Useless Martial Arts
pontius456 wrote:
I like how the Nobody with nothing better to do than take half facts off the internet, read a couple of sports magazines, and automatically consider himself a master of all techniques, comes onto this forum to argue with the marine about how he is shit.

I'm more inclined to believe the marine, be him an asshole or not, because rarely do people actually lie about being in any armed forces. More often than not, however, people lie about being an 'expert' in a particular field, because it's easier to bullshit stuff than fake representation in an organization.

Most modern martial arts are about close quarter combat, defense, and or a core philosophy to better your life. In real life, no one plays fair. They don't "step into a ring of your choosing". If you want a fight, be prepared to be ganked in alleys, home invaded, car jacked, and have all manner of legal action stepping on the bug you are. And that is assuming people come unarmed; firearms are a great force application item. Just remember that if you start a war, you may not get to dictate the rules or ending.


There is a strategy to get out of that situation. Stun or Incapacitate the muppets and take off.


Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:09 pm
Profile
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:48 pm
Posts: 34
Post Re: Top 5 Useless Martial Arts
You started the confrontation by getting in someone's face and being a jerk. Now you say to get out is to stick your finger in their eye and take off.

Bitch, if you go to the trouble of starting that fight, you better be damn good at running and hiding.


Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:25 am
Profile
User avatar
Main: Renaissance
Level: 0

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 pm
Posts: 28
Post Re: Top 5 Useless Martial Arts
What an unbelievably stupid conversation you're all having.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 am
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2433

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 1932
Post Re: Top 5 Useless Martial Arts
WillPower wrote:
What an unbelievably stupid conversation you're all having.


What an unbelievably stupid person you are for bumping it.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:46 am
Profile
User avatar
Main: Renaissance
Level: 0

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 pm
Posts: 28
Post Re: Top 5 Useless Martial Arts
ShawnMcCall wrote:
WillPower wrote:
What an unbelievably stupid conversation you're all having.


What an unbelievably stupid person you are for bumping it.


THANKS MARINE.


Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:57 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.