Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Post Re: *ATTENTION* Can we please go back to Star Sonata *ATTENT
Quote:
Trust me when I say none of you know more history about the game than I.

Im pretty sure I would know more considering that I have been here longer then anyone else.

What you personally feel was fun with the game and what is actually good for the game are two separate things.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:04 am
Main: Stars
Level: 1

Personally think was fun? How many people play this game now? I got more people at my house...
As soon as you became an admin the game started to fail.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:56 pm
Main: Stars
Level: 1

I remember your ugly ass banned me one time for 3 days for chainpodding someone and you called it griefing

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

star wrote:
I remember your ugly ass banned me one time for 3 days for chainpodding someone and you called it griefing

Ahhhhh good ol fashioned chain podding, towing peoples yellow ships on spirits and shit

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:46 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

SS started to die because:

1. At low levels when you're a truly new player, the game is actually quite tough, long, and boring to grind up.

2. All classes but Engineer and Fleet Commander are pretty bad at the lower levels, lack hull space to carry gear, let alone loot, are either slow (Sniper, Zerk) or fragile (Seer, SD), and people end up using missiles. Gunner however is not a strong class class skill wise, and need very powerful gear to compensate, which a noob will not be able to afford on the level some veteran can slap together a setup and solo KD with it.

3. T20 is hilariously weak compared to T21 and T22, once you get into it, but the time it takes to fully skill up into T21 and T22, combined with point #2, means nearly everyone who isn't an Engineer or FC is a heavily pimped alt. It takes a long ass time to go anywhere and it's not worth stamping out "cheap" setups for noobs because in this game: Cheap = Bad, and Bad = Get isolated and killed.

Bases are ironically the one area a noob team can fight back, but as you can see, Wild Space is 99% owned and older teams have monster amounts more accounts and resources they can throw at the problem while a noob team needs to plan every move to the letter. Have you ever engaged a team's level 3000 ST18 Ada T20 kits when you're under that? It's not pretty.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:49 am
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

Max235 wrote:
SS started to die because:

1. At low levels when you're a truly new player, the game is actually quite tough, long, and boring to grind up.

2. All classes but Engineer and Fleet Commander are pretty bad at the lower levels, lack hull space to carry gear, let alone loot, are either slow (Sniper, Zerk) or fragile (Seer, SD), and people end up using missiles. Gunner however is not a strong class class skill wise, and need very powerful gear to compensate, which a noob will not be able to afford on the level some veteran can slap together a setup and solo KD with it.

3. T20 is hilariously weak compared to T21 and T22, once you get into it, but the time it takes to fully skill up into T21 and T22, combined with point #2, means nearly everyone who isn't an Engineer or FC is a heavily pimped alt. It takes a long ass time to go anywhere and it's not worth stamping out "cheap" setups for noobs because in this game: Cheap = Bad, and Bad = Get isolated and killed.

Bases are ironically the one area a noob team can fight back, but as you can see, Wild Space is 99% owned and older teams have monster amounts more accounts and resources they can throw at the problem while a noob team needs to plan every move to the letter. Have you ever engaged a team's level 3000 ST18 Ada T20 kits when you're under that? It's not pretty.

Whats the point of joining a game when you will never be able to compete with the current player base in the first 2 years of being in the game (or ever), IF one does not quit the game after 2 weeks cuz grind game

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:15 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

That's what I said to the dev team. I expect to be a decently competitive player within ... a universe worth of time.

Can you imagine what it'd be like to be:

You and a party of 20-30 people find SS on Steam and decide as a whole group to play it and form an SS guild. You get up to a point where you think you're ready for Wild Space. You find a nice set of galaxies, deploy a typical amount of defense, and settle in for the long haul.

Your team is mostly T20, with a few T21 and T22 players. Your team is war dec'd by another team. You find yourself at a loss because every single member of the enemy team is several steps up from your *best* teammate. Every day is filled with a squad trying to do content, because you know, safety in numbers, and being butchered by Vokii's, KADs, Stella Capships, and Cyborg Zerks. Yesterday, a single bloody SD managed to wipe out half your squad before you could even react. His T23 Mining Beam does a straight 300k dps at 1000 range while tweaking. This time you were prepared to react, but you only do 30k dps while tweaking and you have a third of his shields in a Panther.

Squads didn't work. Bases didn't work. They came at you with 3 amps per. Sure, the other veterans tell you they're spending lots of money to kill you, but you don't care. The point is that you're losing galaxies, can't do content, and can't progress to a point where you *can* fight back.

A week later your team has completely unsubbed.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:47 pm