Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Do you like the new weapons 'improvement'
Poll ended at Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:14 am
I like this latest weapons update, keep it. 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
I hate this latest weapons update, change it. 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
I don't understand the word diatribe. 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Post Weapons Improvement....or Not.
Ok, I noticed that in the updates box on the main page of the SS site, it says weapons improvement, this is very misleading, when in fact all the weapons have been basically made worse and more power hungry. Sure some of them do more damage, but now they all drain your bank faster. Also, one of my bigger concerns though is that most of the weapons with stages, ie thorax, the higher stages are actually worse than the lower stages. The bronze thorax has a better energy to damage ratio than the gold and the jade. Also the jade, which used to be killer, is not nearly as effective as the golden thorax is. Just because a weapon does more damage per hit, doesn't mean it's better. It's the same way with the immolation type weapons, all of them have the same energy to damage ratio, and the same range, so it actually makes more sense to use the lowest form of the gun, mainly because you'll get more shots out before your energybank dies. I figure that this 'improvement' was meant to help balance this game, but all it has done is make it even more unbalanced. The balancing issus in the last few resets were not with the weapons, but now this new issue has been created. Not to sound rude, but messing things up is a funny way of fixing something. I guess now that I'm finished with my diatribe, my spewings of malcontent, I'll close with this. There is no point in using the higher level weapons anymore, the lower level ones are better.
Calypso

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 am
Team: Klingon Empire
Main: Mike
Level: 27

Check HotFusion to ArcaidianEnergy.
I think all items nead to be reworked so that you get value for teck/mouny.
I gess though that this is more along the lines of every one complaining about makeing the game a bit more like it was in the parst :).

It dose seam a little strange that the game breaks the law of its allways easyer to destroy than construc though.
For a race that have worked out how to make shileds, travel through space and colonies new planets they dont even seam to have weapons as good as we have on this planet now :?.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

haha year old thred lol btw now the immo is bigger then incin :D

Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:11 pm
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse

Mods, lock this, and put a check next to bluejays name.

Neptune

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:19 pm

what? whats a check i have no clue and wheres the rule about old threds. if theres that rule y not have auto lock after 3 months?

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:20 pm

plz just sum1 tell me nd show me where the rule is, if there is no writen rule i dont see why i shud get a "check" for this

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:23 pm
Main: GrimSweeper II
Level: 530

It's an unwritten rule; if you cannot add something useful to the old thread, don't bump it up. There are exceptions in some cases (like the Trading Forum, for example), but here it's best to not bump things up with spam.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:46 pm
Main: Scoundrel
Level: 548

I have a 3 ares shrimp with an F9, and i cannot continously fire OH, MBP, etc.

Shit, for a shrimp that well augged id think i could at least keep firing an OH or something.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:47 pm
Main: Scoundrel
Level: 548

Oh this is an old thread... didnt notice, srry

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:11 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]