Team: Star Revolution X
Main: UnnamedNewbie2
Level: 4194

Post Re: Auto Targeting and Credit Scooping
2k dist seems a little low for a solo sniper, maybe 3k fixed would be a better idea? It would prevent the credits you "dodge"(probably a problem with SDs and the sort) flying off into nowhere and give you a better chance to get them without them going somewhere far out.
Also i think slave, missile and fighter kills should make the coins fly towards you too or it would defeat the whole purpose of the system for gunners and FCs.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:11 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: DHM
Level: 8172

even 10K sounds good, it will hold off the galaxies like steppes, ruby steppes, labyrinth

some weapons on snipers give you close to 10K like the Sterile Cannon
or with bases, or when you get pushed away from drones, etc...... 10k sounds better then just getting it to the edge of normal snipers, its just to get special galaxies fixed

as for what jeff_l said, i had a teamy test it while i waited on the creds, to see what would happen, they didnt fly far away, i was seeing it happen, they really dissapeared

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:33 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

Just an idea: Why do we need these flying coins at all? Why not simply put them to credit bank directly? If person who killed the AI is not in the galaxy (due to base or drone or etc. kill) then let them float.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:00 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8164

I like that we have floating debris and credits. The hard working man scoops it all, while the lazy one might miss out on it. Sounds good to me.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 am
Profile WWW

Thaj wrote:
Just an idea: Why do we need these flying coins at all? Why not simply put them to credit bank directly? If person who killed the AI is not in the galaxy (due to base or drone or etc. kill) then let them float.

because it looks awesome when the coins fly towards you

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:11 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

blablabla wrote:
Thaj wrote:

That, and if we wanted people to just get instant money for kills, we would but bounties on everything.

I think a problem with longer ranges, like 10k, is that the credits only fly for 5 seconds, and in order to actually get to you in 5 seconds, they would have to get going really fast, which looks a little bit weird. Also, the faster they are going, the farther past you that they overshoot if they miss, or stop homing just before they get to you.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:43 am
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:
blablabla wrote:
Thaj wrote:

That, and if we wanted people to just get instant money for kills, we would but bounties on everything.

I think a problem with longer ranges, like 10k, is that the credits only fly for 5 seconds, and in order to actually get to you in 5 seconds, they would have to get going really fast, which looks a little bit weird. Also, the faster they are going, the farther past you that they overshoot if they miss, or stop homing just before they get to you.

Can't you make the speed a constant like 300 speed(or whatever works) instead of the 5 seconds flying time?
Or make a max speed for the coins just like for ships so they can't go any faster. That would even work with a growth of the speed too so it slowly accelerates towards the speed cap, reaching the max speed at around 2-3k distance?

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:28 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I'm sorry, it's ridiculous to request coins to fly to you from 2k distance, much less 10k. You aren't scooping loot boxes if you are killing from miles away; why should you get credits? It looks basically perfect to me as it's implemented now. Seems a lot like Diablo 3's implementation of gold which in my opinion is one of the best.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:08 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Improved credit scooping code is on test server now.
  • It's a bit less laggy and more accurate when the server is being a little bit slow
  • There is a maximum distance of 2000
  • It does a galaxy check to make sure the credit is in the same galaxy as you are.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Credit Scooping: How will this work in pvp? Presumably it'd be a problem for long range stealthy users... but sniping people from a huge distance is kind of lame anyway.

Also, would it be possible to disable auto-target when using a transference weapon, or somehow make it distinguish between auto-fire that tracks a previously selected target and firing at nothing?

Thu May 01, 2014 7:03 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

I'm pretty sure that I made it so that auto-targeting does now work when you're using a transference weapon.

Not sure how much of a deal the credit scooping would be in PvP. It doesn't let you see or target the person, just maybe get a general idea of where he is. But you have a general idea of where he is based on his weapon shots that just killed someone anyway.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

The Salty One wrote:
Also, would it be possible to disable auto-target when using a transference weapon, or somehow make it distinguish between auto-fire that tracks a previously selected target and firing at nothing?

thiss and i would really like a command to turn autotargetting off it can be so annoying when it targets something when your trying to do something ie ap to a target or cycle through debris

edit just tested using a 20 range weapon to try stopping the autotargetting from irritating me and targets almost 1k range away were being selected

also using a transference weapon doesnt seem to stop this too

Sat May 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Can we have a fix for slave/fighter/missile kills please? The coins fly in some random direction whenever one of these get the kill. Either make them fly towards you like it is with drone kills or make them float like a normal debris. But seeing as this was already ignored twice i guess me trying to post it is futile.

Also, because the coins stop tracking at 2k traveled dist it makes it quite hard for any speedy ship to scoop the coins in combat. You would have to stay still or fly at a very low speed which could be a bad idea when fighting multiple opponents.

Sat May 17, 2014 5:56 am
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

jeroen07008 wrote:
The Vert wrote:
jeroen07008 wrote:

The hotkeys overriding typing, is that for chat typing as well? Because that is an issue that I have ran into which seems to be a bug with the client itself (it can appear on any server), and not related to test server. This is normally fixed by restarting the client :)

tested it again for you, now its no longer an issue with typing anywhere, so seems the restart fixed it

different subject, is there a full map to buy in a base or so, makes it easier on test server

edit :

bug : in ruby steppes, drop a drone, mark target as enemy, and jump to the next gate , then target dies, and credits want to fly 100K distance

bug: drop a BFD drone, it charges up bullets towards target, jump out to another galaxy (outside of ruby steppes) , target dies, and credits fly out in a circle then disapear into nothing, you jump back, no credits

The credits are still there, they are just -3B distance away from you

Fri May 30, 2014 6:39 am
Profile YIM WWW