Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Base Rebalance Update
no need to be rude just because I have a contrary view.

When you say temp gear is nearly free what do you mean? whats the opportunity cost of devoting an EE or MFM to slaving in junk commods to build temp gear over the first 4 weeks of the uni? Answer me that one?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

sabre198 wrote:
no need to be rude just because I have a contrary view.

When you say temp gear is nearly free what do you mean? whats the opportunity cost of devoting an EE or MFM to slaving in junk commods to build temp gear over the first 4 weeks of the uni? Answer me that one?

What else do you need your slaves for the first 4 weeks of a uni? Colonies dont start kicking in untill atleast that point depending on the amount of peasants you were able to store in the previous uni. As for EE. You'll need an EE to even be able to sustain your gal. Same goes for EE in this situation. The commods that are being mined aren't going to be used for a whole lot the first 4 weeks of a universe.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:26 am

I've never used an EE in my gals, in the past all my slots are Stm or CA. Now ive got to think about using base slots for a EE. So ive got to reprogram all my MFM's after 4 weeks? that takes time. Theres actually a lot of opportunity cost in going for temp gear over a set youve just stored in your sphere. You just see 1m nuc or whatever and go that shits nothing...you havnt even though about the logistics of it but I'm glad Yclep has and sees the effort must be rewarded in the stats.

you worry your perma gear will be useless as its not the "best" again an obsession with spreadsheets. It will be far from useless, what are you going to attack with? what will you prop up your galaxy with until you can build the temp gear?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Contributor

I'm not convinced. You say the logistics that are involved would balance out the increased stats of the gear. It's not hard to set a slave to sell a certain commod to 5 bases. It takes a maximum of 5 minutes to set that up and then another 5 minutes to start the X, Y and Z upgrades. For the player itself, it's not a lot of effort at all. Sure it will take some time, but hey, you're getting free gear that's top of the ladder.

Again; I'm not saying this concept is bad. Not at all actually, I rather like it. I just dislike how it's stronger than the built gear. At best, Z gear should be as strong, but never stronger.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:50 am

yeh but then we are back to saying just tossing your mate with a proddy a few ada and some cash to build you ada gear (Lemon also says this is easy). guess yclep will have to decide which deserves the best stats, will be interesting to see.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Contributor

sabre198 wrote:
yeh but then we are back to saying just tossing your mate with a proddy a few ada and some cash to build you ada gear (Lemon also says this is easy). guess yclep will have to decide which deserves the best stats, will be interesting to see.

Why do you think that would automatically happen? As I see it, one of the reasons sticky gear was made was for players that aren't quite ready to make their own basegear but want to get building. I think the Dev team wants to make building more friendly to the playerbase so it isn't just the endgame players that get a chance at building a galaxy. They want to give players options on what to do instead of forcing them to go a certain path.

With the introduction of sticky gear they have everything they need to do just that.
I still don't see a reason as to why sticky gear should be better than built gear, though.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

heylo wrote:
I'm not convinced. You say the logistics that are involved would balance out the increased stats of the gear. It's not hard to set a slave to sell a certain commod to 5 bases. It takes a maximum of 5 minutes to set that up and then another 5 minutes to start the X, Y and Z upgrades. For the player itself, it's not a lot of effort at all. Sure it will take some time, but hey, you're getting free gear that's top of the ladder.

Again; I'm not saying this concept is bad. Not at all actually, I rather like it. I just dislike how it's stronger than the built gear. At best, Z gear should be as strong, but never stronger.

agree with this, setting a slave or two to sell a bunch of stms basic commods takes literally no effort as most of the time you will already have kits extracting basic commods anyway to use,

Personally dont mind that the gear will be stronger than existing gear due to the time it takes for it to build, but it really has to be slightly more so not a huge amount to encourage people to use/make built gear such as armada/ada instead of relying on this

On another note this buildable gear includes all types shield/energy/weapons/damps?

if they wish to make virtually free gear stronger than ada at the expense of a slave or two i will gladly use it, as im sure many others will- but this in itself is a bit silly as you will have almost every player using disposable gear after a build time if it is a significent beef over current ada/armada

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:13 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

I just wanted to poke my head in again and thank everyone for the interesting discussion. I have redone the numbers on resource cost for XYZ gear builds. Here are some samples from that.

Adonis X Upgrade requires 200k Metals, 100k Silicon, and 40k Nuclear Waste over the period of 1 week. All together, the three Adonis Upgrades will require 1.4m Metals, 700k Silicon, and 280k Nuclear Waste over the period of 4 weeks. That works out to just 50k Metals per day, which I believe is doable in low-DF space even without Extraction Expert.

The three Annihilator projects will require a total of 280m Metals, 140m Silicon, and 56m Nuclear Waste over the period of 4 weeks.

potato2 wrote:
On another note this buildable gear includes all types shield/energy/weapons/damps?

The XYZ items are built in single bundles, i.e. one build makes all the X gear, another one makes all the Y gear, and a third one makes all the Z gear. The items you get from each build are: Shield, Energy, Shield Charger, Dampener, Laser. The dampener will work against all damage types.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:58 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
I still think 4 weeks is too long. That's an entire third of a universe.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:04 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Thanks for the additional info Yclepticon :D

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:05 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
I still think 4 weeks is too long. That's an entire third of a universe.

No, its not too long. Its perfect.

And for all of the people complaining about how they can get "free gear", you are forgetting that the GEAR ISN'T FREE. You could be making money from those 280mil metals (Station Extension Y's), you could be making Entertainers, you could be building Titanium Sheets from the Nuclear Waste. There are tons of things you could be doing with all of those resources.

Its an opportunity cost, not only is the gear not free, but you have to have the ability to extract huge amounts of resources in a short period of time in order to get those bases down within a month.

A month is a perfect amount of time to build up to Z gear.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:22 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Guess since you all decided a third of an uni is ok, I have to suck it up. I'd at least like the projects to be lower priority than other projects. For instance, I don't want to have to pause these projects to be able to build a colony blueprint. It'd be a good idea to make them lowest priority.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm
Contributor

Wauw even a dampener that damps all damage effects.. So spoiled

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:17 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

yclepticon wrote:
The XYZ items are built in single bundles, i.e. one build makes all the X gear, another one makes all the Y gear, and a third one makes all the Z gear. The items you get from each build are: Shield, Energy, Shield Charger, Dampener, Laser. The dampener will work against all damage types.

what will their sizes be? is it the same size as before or smaller/bigger? if they are none transferable it but equip/un-equipable can they be zero size? cuz i think there is no point if their size if big if its none transferable.

also X is a pre-requisite to build Y right? so at early stages you still need a temp base gear like normal adonis right or something, then build X but if you equip it to base to improve defences you will need another set of X right to make Y? then build Y while having the fresh built Y equiped you will need another set of Y right to make Z? and same story goes with Z. can it just be when the upgrade is done it will auto replace the weaker ones and auto equip?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:29 pm
Contributor

riel017 wrote:
yclepticon wrote:

what will their sizes be? is it the same size as before or smaller/bigger? if they are none transferable it but equip/un-equipable can they be zero size? cuz i think there is no point if their size if big if its none transferable.

also X is a pre-requisite to build Y right? so at early stages you still need a temp base gear like normal adonis right or something, then build X but if you equip it to base to improve defences you will need another set of X right to make Y? then build Y while having the fresh built Y equiped you will need another set of Y right to make Z? and same story goes with Z. can it just be when the upgrade is done it will auto replace the weaker ones and auto equip?

No.. Obviously it just upgrades from X to Y to Z. You don't have to build every set twice that's stupid.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:08 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next