Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Team: Traders
Main: PrincessLuna
Level: 3591

Post Re: Base Rebalance Update
anilv wrote:
Russell wrote:
QUESTION

How am I to build XYZ gear on bases that Lack Materials?

In the past I could just deploy the gear from my storage, or if I have to build them I would just build them in my proddy.

Now I have to build them insitu and that involves hauling large to huge amounts of material around. That takes EXTRA HOURS of game time and/or ties up scares shipping resources.

BTW pity the players not building in high warp 3 How the hell do you get the materials you need when all you have is a BIT of this and a BUNCH of that

This is just crazy!

We dont need this!

Make the XYZ gear transportabel again

I used some Ada T16 kits this uni and the resource requirement was quite reasonable for Anda XYZ gear. It seems ok to me that people who are using T20 kits should be prepared to contest high DF warp 3 galaxies for the resource abundance there. That's not to mention that there are about 100 such galaxies unclaimed right around Traders space this uni.

yeah yeah whatever, i honestly wouldn't use it for the effort involved, if people are going to bvb, ur shits fucked anyway so i don't see why it matters

Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

That cause you're a noob.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:43 pm
Main: PrincessLuna
Level: 3591

kanescreed wrote:

haha, plis teach me in the ways of kane

i too will become a wise one

on a more serious note, has there even been any bvb this uni at all? i know there has been pvb but haven't heard of or seen bvb, though looking at wildspace there is so much uncontested space

Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:04 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

PrincessLuna wrote:
kanescreed wrote:

haha, plis teach me in the ways of kane

i too will become a wise one

on a more serious note, has there even been any bvb this uni at all? i know there has been pvb but haven't heard of or seen bvb, though looking at wildspace there is so much uncontested space

Like I said so much earlier, there's going to be less BvBing for no reason because you have to commit resources (as an attacker). You have to go all out to guarantee that you will succeed. Plus there isn't anymore PvP immunity Aura sooo... :mrgreen: The admins are waiting until next universe to give incentives for fighting over things.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:33 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

anilv wrote:
Russell wrote:
QUESTION

How am I to build XYZ gear on bases that Lack Materials?

In the past I could just deploy the gear from my storage, or if I have to build them I would just build them in my proddy.

Now I have to build them insitu and that involves hauling large to huge amounts of material around. That takes EXTRA HOURS of game time and/or ties up scares shipping resources.

BTW pity the players not building in high warp 3 How the hell do you get the materials you need when all you have is a BIT of this and a BUNCH of that

This is just crazy!

We dont need this!

Make the XYZ gear transportabel again

I used some Ada T16 kits this uni and the resource requirement was quite reasonable for Anda XYZ gear. It seems ok to me that people who are using T20 kits should be prepared to contest high DF warp 3 galaxies for the resource abundance there. That's not to mention that there are about 100 such galaxies unclaimed right around Traders space this uni.

Sorry Enk you are not really the typical player. You build in High df gals and so have plenty of materials available. As I said try building in a lower df gal where a Bunch is all that is available and all you have to transport imaterials s a behemoth or if you are lucky a thatch with low tech tractor.
This nerf just does not work for mid level players.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 am
Profile YIM
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

So mid level players don't have trade slaves? I don't know if you have noticed yet but the T16 XYZ gear is pretty good, even compared to T20. And it takes 1/10 of the resources. So yes, I think a few Bunch sources would be more than ample to keep Anda XYZ builds going.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Danger Factor 205 Galaxy. A singular base extracting silicon, metals, and nukes. That is supplying 8 andaman XYZ builds for me, not including the build on that base.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:18 pm
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Danger Factor 205 Galaxy. A singular base extracting silicon, metals, and nukes. That is supplying 8 andaman XYZ builds for me, not including the build on that base.

There must be an exponential jump in the amount of materials needed for each tech level. Like I said before, to build XYZ on a T20 base takes over 17 million metals per day per base (160m/28 days + 80m/14 days + 40m/7 days). That's a pretty epic EE base just to do 1 set of XYZ upgrades simultaneously, let alone 8!

I'm guessing your EE must be pretty epic anyhow to even be able to handle so many T16 upgrades at once. What are the requirements on that? I haven't built a T16 this uni.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:45 pm
over 9000!

The T16 gear takes 1/10 of those numbers.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:39 pm
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

So I appear to be sustaining 22 Anni X/Y/Zs concurrent builds okay with the manhours boost. Once that's done I'll probably also start a dozen Anda X/Y/Zs and have a ton more metals/silicon surplus as well. It kinda sucks to have the profit taken away from metals, but I don't think it's really an issue if you can just use legacy gear if you cba building this gear.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

i really didnt notice any rebalace tbh

Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:19 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Crap bases are still crap. Base rebalance wasn't supposed to change that.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:48 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

from what I saw bases still was capped, and I didnt see any bases blow up when they was capped. I thought they was sposed to blow up now when radded?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:12 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

sabre198 wrote:
from what I saw bases still was capped, and I didnt see any bases blow up when they was capped. I thought they was sposed to blow up now when radded?

I watched TDC rad a base a few days ago and it definitely went into destroyed mode when it was radded.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

ok thanks I'll check to be sure on a empty kit

yeh checked it does, the graphic of destroyed base is not as striking as what it used to be

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next