Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Post Re: Some more changes to Sniper
Chaosking3 wrote:
I really thought sniper was fine as well besides a small tweak for radar. The DPS is already fairly high and I don't even have a solid DPS set-up. Some classes have their niches and sniper filled one in the PvAI side just fine. And despite urban legend sniper is fantastic in pvp.

What niche did Sniper fill, exactly?

Sniper should be comparible to Zerker in terms of DPS, without any question. They are the same focus, they have the same goal: Do DPS. They go about it in different ways and both require different tactics, but I tihnk this is a major step foreward to seeing Sniper as a viable endgame class.

This puts them slightly under Zerker with physical weapons, and over Zerker for single target DPS after 10 minutes of targetting. I think it is perfect. And yes, I am an endgame Sniper on my main.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Sodomy wrote:
What niche did Sniper fill, exactly?

Sniper should be comparible to Zerker in terms of DPS, without any question. They are the same focus, they have the same goal: Do DPS. They go about it in different ways and both require different tactics, but I tihnk this is a major step foreward to seeing Sniper as a viable endgame class.

This puts them slightly under Zerker with physical weapons, and over Zerker for single target DPS after 10 minutes of targetting. I think it is perfect.

Makes sense to me.

- Brock Grocklyn

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

The niche that sniper was supposed to fill was the only class that was designed from the onset to massacre SD's and Seers. The idea was put a Sniper in a room with 2 SD's and 2 Sees, wait 5 minutes, and see 2 SD pods and 2 Seer pods come out, then the sniper comes out at 25%-50% shields left.

You really don't need +projectile velocity in order to hit a slow moving capship or freighter or zerker. But you do need it it to hit 700 speed ships, as there is 1 or 2 high end sniper weapons that go about 350 speed before bullet speed bonus.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Ah that was the niche. Sodomy did you have a clue? I sure didn't man where does this guy get his information!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:13 pm
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

Shawn wrote:
A little feedback.

Me and Beelzebub have tested the new sniper skill and so far we thought of it not being what admins intended sniper to be like.

As admins have said before, sniper is supposed to be a sustained dps class, and with these new skills it's far from it. The problem comes with one aspect of sniper analysis which is ROF. In our opinion, the rof is uneeded in the class. I am doing 28k a shot(sniper analysis 100%) with a recoil lower then a second with a reaver laser, with a low mid sniper setup. If im not mistaken, there are many setup which would make it too broken.

It is like im doing burst dps for 10-15 seconds then the energy drains(burst DPS, more like speed demon is) so it doesn't make it a sustainable dps class. Our suggestion is to take the ROF off completely, and give us radar and elec bonus instead so we can power our weponds and not lose the target while pumping sniper analysis.

This suggestion will make sniper more like admins want it to be(or what i have understand) and i guess most people will agree with it?

Basically this in a nutshell. current beefs are quite interesting however i thought Jeff stated we were more for sustained DPS instead of burst DPS?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:35 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The niche that sniper was supposed to fill was the only class that was designed from the onset to massacre SD's and Seers. The idea was put a Sniper in a room with 2 SD's and 2 Sees, wait 5 minutes, and see 2 SD pods and 2 Seer pods come out, then the sniper comes out at 25%-50% shields left.

You really don't need +projectile velocity in order to hit a slow moving capship or freighter or zerker. But you do need it it to hit 700 speed ships, as there is 1 or 2 high end sniper weapons that go about 350 speed before bullet speed bonus.

actually sniper was supposed to be anti-MF/DM/Gunner

Gunner is Anti-SD.

Note the 360 tracking insta-hit weapons on the gunner.. they have just been nerfed so badly it isn't effective like it used to be. doesn't mean they can't do it though. :wink:

Though that is a good question.. what was Sniper meant for? it has conflicting skills... it can't SUSTAIN for 10minutes on heavier weapons with the increased elec. unless that's changed? i don't see it sustaining +100% rof.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:38 pm
Team: Konohagakure
Main: Shawn
Level: 4121

saran wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

actually sniper was supposed to be anti-MF/DM/Gunner

Gunner is Anti-SD.

Note the 360 tracking insta-hit weapons on the gunner.. they have just been nerfed so badly it isn't effective like it used to be. doesn't mean they can't do it though. :wink:

Though that is a good question.. what was Sniper meant for? it has conflicting skills... it can't SUSTAIN for 10minutes on heavier weapons with the increased elec. unless that's changed? i don't see it sustaining +100% rof.

Wrong.
Sniper was meant to be anti speed demon, hence the knock back and range to keep distance from them.

besides, speed demon is counter Gunner, since Light fighters are 70+ % resistance to mining.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 pm
over 9000!

The Panther is not really a LF, more of a Heavy Fighter with a hull change. The relative size of the Panther is as big as, and sometimes bigger than comparable tech Heavy Fighters.

The Death Striker, Unt Fwing, Vazuk, Xmas Spirit, and FStinger sizes are the real LF size zone. Compared to these other listed LF's, the Panther is graphical huge. Also, Iirc, the panther was also smaller, graphically, when it came out.

Back on track, FC and Gunner are Light Fighter Deterrents. They're not meant to kill LF's, but can, and are designed to act as guards against LF's coming in. Capships get the full tracking Cap lasers, Gunners get Kinetic Missiles, and FC has Radx Auras. Not an issue for a pack of SD's or multiple seers, but a seer/SD would have a bit of trouble against a Fleet class with a similar budget to the Recon class.

Sniper, however, is the only class with the intention of snapping SD's in two and sending the shattered pieces of a seer back to sol.

-Light Fighters generally have a serious weakness to Physical and Energy, the two weapon types that are most commonly found equipped on a sniper's ship.
-Snipers are the only class that gets a boost to tracking and range from the class skills.
-Sniper has the fastest moving weapons, bullet wise.

This was before this recent sniper testing.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:41 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

When sniper came out, it did not have phys bonuses.
When sniper came out, it did not have the spotty beam.
When sniper came out, knockback did not exist.
When sniper came out, absentis did not exist.
When sniper came out, most phys weapons did enough damage to be viable for anyone.
When sniper came out, SD was not a major class. It had been completely ignored.
When sniper came out, it was made to resemble old sniper, not to fill any imaginary niche you care to bullshit about.

Everything admins are doing is to make sniper useful in the current game. ADMINS COULD NEVER HAVE IMAGINED EVERY LITTLE CHANGE THAT WOULD OCCUR BETWEEN NEW SKILLS AND NOW. The entire point of an MMO is that it constantly grows and evolves. Sniper does not have a holy quest to become an anti-LF class, or w/e. Sniper is just another class, which is somewhat overpowered, and which the admins are compensating for.

Also, Churchill, you must be a politician. Noone else could possibly come up with that much inane bullshit and dare to present it as an arguement.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:27 pm
over 9000!

This "imaginary" niche I seem to keep "bullshitting" about is the niche that JEFF FUCKING L made up. I'm just repeating and elaborating on what he says until he changes his mind.

And yes, my name is John F Kennedy in real life. I was never shot. That was a cover up because I got bored of office.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
JEFF FUCKING L

Is that the same person as Jeff L? Name seems a little different to me.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3283

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
trevor54 wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
JEFF FUCKING L

Blatantly sarcastic man is sarcastic.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:34 pm
over 9000!

trevor54 wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
JEFF FUCKING L

Obvious Trevor is Obvious. Yes. It would seem that people question what Jeff_L does for his game, question his plans, and bash Voomy. If they can't stand what I repeat of Jeff_L< maybe they should go find another game? Or go buy SS and change it so I shut up.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:37 pm
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

trevor54 wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
JEFF FUCKING L

I think JEFF FUCKING L is someone else. Mainly cuz of the caps.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 pm

See! I wasn't the only one who thought it was someone else.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next