Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 30  Next

Which class do you think you would choose if you had to choose now?
Sniper 20%  20%  [ 38 ]
Berserker 10%  10%  [ 18 ]
Speed Demon 17%  17%  [ 31 ]
Seer 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Engineer 20%  20%  [ 37 ]
Shield Monkey 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Gunner 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Fleet Commander 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 187

Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

Is there any time-frame on this? Any word on a aug reset?

I would hate to go through the next 1-3 months being afraid to aug a ship cause it might suck with the new skills.

P.S. just making the speciality augs unequipable is not enough. A ship with a specialty aug is augged according to taht specialty aug. You would want other augs if you no longer use the specialty aug.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:34 am
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

I may have missed something in between page 1 and here, but are we totally loosing all the skills that affect bases? Because that would totally suck.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:48 am
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

And shouldn't zerk augs become the new combat focus, they are the more common sort. I have 6-7 zerk augs, one MF exp.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:42 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

d goods and missions in all of the Focus and Class stations. Just started a Fleet Commander? You will find your first Capital Ship purchasable in the Fleet Focus Station

He said capital ship..
Fleet commander it is.

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

We may be looking at as little as a couple of weeks to get the basic stuff on test server and then I think we should have it on test for a couple of weeks before going live. We'll see.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

So with the old skills i can be a mf 5 at lvl 500..
Yet to reach the same stats as the old skills with the new skills i need to be like 600 lvls higher..

Wouldnt that mean that with the new skills.. AI are way stronger ?

Also..
Who is gonna pay us to rebuy all our skills?
You do understand thats gonna cost money.. right?

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:51 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4171

Well I am less than happy with the proposed changes.

I run 4 logistics characters on my account to support one fighter.
Since I can only play one character at a time one fighter is all I need.

As far as I can see it is propsed that most of my characters are going to lose their logistics skills and gain totally useless combat skills. Since there is no corresponding change proposed in the economic structure of the game, it appears to me that I am going to be screwed.

My Merchant/MFM is going to lose 44% of his cap, and the cap bonuses on his slaves.
CA There is no propsal to transfer the key skills (habitability mod) to a new class
ExE same as above

At the very least you should be able to opt for the skills you need.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:38 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Terran Empire
Main: Marcus Smythe
Level: 2671

As was perhaps not made sufficiently loud and clear in the first post, there will also be going in all the 'logisitics' skills (CA, EE, etc.) on a seperate tree, avaialbe to every character.

In essence, your fighting character will ALSO be a logisitics character, and your logisitics characters will be able to pick up fighting classes.

A month or so? Wow. Start saving now.

And since this will greatly reduce the power of players under lvl 1000, are there any plans for that AI to be rebalanced to suit?

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:44 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Ah, right, Merchant will become Support Focus (it sounds cooler than Merchant Focus so we are calling it that instead). I am not too sure what to do with Rad Ex Augmenter. Any suggestions?

And no, we are not getting rid of the resource / logistic classes. We are simply moving them to a secondary skill tree where you can train one of them for your character along with your combat class. We even have ideas for a few more resource classes that we may eventually add.

The stats are not ironed out yet, but expect to see something like this.

Merchant Fleet Master - Slave Capacity Bonus, Increase to Non-Com slave slots.

Extraction Expert - Station Capacity Bonus, Increase in Resource Extraction Rate, +3% to most station stats per level.

Colonial Admin - Colony Suitability Rate increased, +3% to most station stats per level.

Station Mastery - +5% to most station stats per level, +5% to most permanent drone stats per level. Station Fighter bays and powerful auras.

Caelestis

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:16 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I like the idea of nonsticky class specific augs... but i'm afriad it wont cut it.

Every ship in game right now, is augged towards current skills. With such a big change, your asking everyone (not just people with class specific augs) to deal with it. Most of the augs people use are combi or augs that are very hard to get again.... let alone whether or not it will still work with the new skills.

This is why I respectfully request, that you guys really consider a global aug reset and temp uni to follow these huge changes.

~bach

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:43 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

Im in agreement with bach here. A temp uni would allow us to retrain everything and do the missions. It would also make it so that we would only be getting raped by AI during the temp uni, not the real thing. Also, I must also respectfully ask for a global aug reset. I dont really think that it would hurt the economy that much, as not very many people would be selling the augs they just got back. Alot of augs would either get re-equipped or traded for another aug that is needed. Besides, if a aug reset was conducted during a temp uni, when the real uni rolls around market prices for augs will probally reset, as by then everyone should have done what they needed to do with their augs.

HAL in response to reaver laser nerf--"Translation: I am quitting the game because my enemy can sometimes fight back now."

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:15 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Shock Commander
Level: 8394

http://www.teamunderdawgs.webs.com/

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

Extraction Expert - Station Capacity Bonus, Increase in Resource Extraction Rate, +3% to most station stats per level.

Colonial Admin - Colony Suitability Rate increased, +3% to most station stats per level.

Station Mastery - +5% to most station stats per level, +5% to most permanent drone stats per level. Station Fighter bays and powerful auras.

I presume these 3 will be mutually exclusive? So CA and EE bases will be weaker then now, but you can use more powerfull (compared to now) StM bases for the really power punch bases?

Im not complaining, I think its a good idea, im just wondering.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4171

What concerns me is is the proposal to transfer existing non combat specialities like ExE and CA to combat specialities and take those non combat skills into seperate skills.

This means my characters would be losing the skills for which they were developed and gaining a set of skill that they dont need or want .

A better solution would be to simply to do a skill reset so people can chose the skills they need. Further since they have already paid for the skills, all the new skills would have to be paid for with skill points only.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:11 am
Profile YIM
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 30  Next