Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next

Which class do you think you would choose if you had to choose now?
Sniper 20%  20%  [ 38 ]
Berserker 10%  10%  [ 18 ]
Speed Demon 17%  17%  [ 31 ]
Seer 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Engineer 20%  20%  [ 37 ]
Shield Monkey 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Gunner 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Fleet Commander 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 187

Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

I would definitely go Engineer Class on Abbara.

Monkey on HellSpreader

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:03 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Haven't red much posts, just got my internet back. Just wanna add a lil' comment to the seer class.

A class with the stealth and the counter stealth? I think it's silly. Might be a bit broken for PvP (nobody can c me, I can c u all -thingy), and if it get proper balanced the class will suck so much at everything else that nobody would use it.

With paper-stone-ect-idelogy, seer counter sniper, what counter seer?

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:15 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5137

Haven't red much posts, just got my internet back. Just wanna add a lil' comment to the seer class.

A class with the stealth and the counter stealth? I think it's silly. Might be a bit broken for PvP (nobody can c me, I can c u all -thingy), and if it get proper balanced the class will suck so much at everything else that nobody would use it.

With paper-stone-ect-idelogy, seer counter sniper, what counter seer?

If you want a counter for Seer, just add in Flares.

Like Electron Clouds, just add in Fiery Beacons and shit...

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:19 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

I am not entirely comfortable with the new "Drone Mastery" focus skill.

It seems that DM will be getting Diluted with a focus / class skill that looks like its mainly aimed at the Shield Monkey skill.

Could you explain a little more specifically about what will happen to DMers like me?

I have spent a lot of cash to create a PvP Dmer against all odds.

I would hate to see all this hard work and tactics go to waste?

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:54 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

you are all missing something....sniper has a skill, according to this, that decreaces firing vis by .1 secs per lvl. at tech 20, that makes you get NO vis when you fire, which could make you practically invincible. thus, they decreaced the elec to compensate, etc.

but im still going for gunner. :P

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:42 am
Team: Terran Empire
Main: Marcus Smythe
Level: 2671

you are all missing something....sniper has a skill, according to this, that decreaces firing vis by .1 secs per lvl. at tech 20, that makes you get NO vis when you fire, which could make you practically invincible. thus, they decreaced the elec to compensate, etc.

but im still going for gunner. :P

Actually.. not quite. You may have missed the part (perhaps in one of his replies) where they were looking at increasing the overall firing vis duration by about...

2 Seconds...

So at Tech 2, the Sniper would be just as visible as he is now.

Mind you, they also said their looking at putting in weapons with lower firing VIS durations (and this suggests that, coupled with sniper, one might in fact be able to fire while cloaked)

Ultimately, firing-while-invisible is pie in the sky. Damage per Energy and Tankability are here and now. The Sniper change strips away the here and now, while offering the barest promise of pie in the sky.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:45 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I am not entirely comfortable with the new "Drone Mastery" focus skill.

It seems that DM will be getting Diluted with a focus / class skill that looks like its mainly aimed at the Shield Monkey skill.

Could you explain a little more specifically about what will happen to DMers like me?

I have spent a lot of cash to create a PvP Dmer against all odds.

I would hate to see all this hard work and tactics go to waste?

From what it looks like... it's more Merchant/Engineer with a Drone Master focus.... not DM with a merch focus (if that makes sense)

But imo.... for DMs this is a great change. Not only will u be merch, but with the other sub skills, like damage control and beam mastery... you'll now be very helpfull on uber runs. I still will see you being good at PvP... you just wont be slave master or station master.

~bach

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:15 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

but yeah, if there ARE some with less vis, you could just use one of those.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:22 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Radiation Expert (+10% radiation damage, +4% wild slave stats)

What is wild slave stats?

Btw +15% radiation damage would be more fun than +10% and +4% wild slave stats.
mmm +15%...

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:05 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: bankn
Level: 1047

i dont think snipers should have 20%+ energy use penalty, i think mabe having 1.5% of the standard energy use (not ontop of the regular penalty) i mean scrap it [/b]

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:20 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I added a new invisible tag to ships when they spawn called "wild". A ship that spawns is wild until a player has docked it as a slave. So any ship that you cap and then never dock will have the wild tag and thus that RadX bonus could be applied. The theory is that the RadX sub-skill aims at recruiting your slaves on the fly.

I was also thinking about maybe letting RadX cap some non-capturable ships, but make then non-dockable so you can't get the stuff on them -- not sure.

Also, I think DM's are getting a large boost with these new stats, not being diluted.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: TehGeneral
Level: 2847

I added a new invisible tag to ships when they spawn called "wild". A ship that spawns is wild until a player has docked it as a slave. So any ship that you cap and then never dock will have the wild tag and thus that RadX bonus could be applied. The theory is that the RadX sub-skill aims at recruiting your slaves on the fly.

I was also thinking about maybe letting RadX cap some non-capturable ships, but make then non-dockable so you can't get the stuff on them -- not sure.

Also, I think DM's are getting a large boost with these new stats, not being diluted.

Hmm... if Radx could cap ships with the "No-Cap" flags, but have a king of self destructor based on docking rather than death.. I might actually consider going Fleet Master on my main. They would of course need to be able to all ships though, for this to be worthwhile. Up to tech 20, and perhaps beyond.

Perhaps an inbuilt timer, so that you can Cap lets say a Forgone, and after 30 minutes, it will self destruct?

Either way, I'd love to see this ingame.

@Candyboy - I believe its supposed to be.. Sniper > Seer > Zerker > SD > Fleetmaster > Sniper

Could be wrong, but im fairly confident that even with Seers/Snipers new stats, I could very likely 1 hit kill any given Seer, and at the very worst, tweak out and flat out kill X person in a high DPS augged DS with a jiji.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:19 pm

I agree with TehGen.

With this new added addition, i think you should allow ONLY RadExs to have Tech 20 slaves, both slaved and non slaved.

If you do that, RadExs will be on par with all other classes, and will see some REAL use on Uber runs and stuff. (Ive been to Serengetti once, as an SD in a Wing4, non of the people i followed were RadEx...)

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:05 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

having some players being able to cap picks and use em for liek 30 mins would roxxor

or somet like that

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

having some players being able to cap picks and use em for liek 30 mins would roxxor

or somet like that

30mins isnt long enough...

I say try 1 hour, and see how it feels.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:16 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next