Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4171

However I have to agree with Desert Rat:

Regeneration of electric and sheilds are what is important the absolute values are not really significant at all (except at the lower end, but I have not heard of anyone "one shotting" adonis bases).
As much as we might like to play SS 27/7 :) RL requires that we sleep and work. If an attack occurs while you are offline it is regn which determines whether a base survives.

Further the consequences of losing a base are hundreds of times more severe, for a base than a ship, in terms of lost equiptment and resources.
I ship simply goes into stasis, and for a competant player that is about it.

If a base goes you lose everthing.

(Hmmm how about base stasis generators?)

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:14 am
Profile YIM
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

base statis gens.. nice idea.. have to be expensive tho. give everything boost so non station mastery bases have a chance

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:20 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

base statis gens.. nice idea.. have to be expensive tho. give everything boost so non station mastery bases have a chance

that would be horrilbe.... the only way it would even have to work is if it destroyed everything but equiped augs/gear.... then it MIGHT be interesting. Otherwise it would be a waste to kill bases, even if it is expensive. I want to build a REAL unkillable base, not something that uses a freakin stasis gen

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:42 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Base stasis gens only if they're like 50/50 chance to protect the base... Maybe gives a chance of destroying random items... anyways...

The problem with beefing regen, is that with augs, new dampners, and other such regen/resists improving items, they are quite close to impossible to kill... the playerbase isn't large enough to require 5+ dmg dealers to kill the bases... The regular bases though, are just not strong enough... Leads me to the following suggestion...

Reduce the strength of dampner+s... Right not, they're relatively easy to aquire, and cut the DPS dealt down by 55%... Make it so...

Damp = 25%
Damp+ = 27.5%
Titanium Damp+ = 32.5%, 50 dmg soak
Laconia Damp+ = 40%, 100 dmg soak
Demented Damp+ = 45%, 200 dmg soak
Adamantium Damp+ = 50%, 300 dmg soak

Overall, thats a pretty significant nerf, but also make the following changes to compensate...

Increase the shield regen amount of shileds from --- to...

Adonis --- 125/1.2 ---> 250/1.2
Argo ----- 500/1.2 ---> 750/1.2
Ambro --- 1000/1.2 ---> 1500/1.2
Ande ----- 1500/1.2 ---> 2000/1.2
Achilles -- 2000/1.2 ---> 2750/1.2
Annih ----- 3000/1.2 ---> 3500/1.2

Once you factor in station mastery skills and typical aug usage, it'll be an overall beef in the average base strength, while leaving the higher end bases at nearly the same strength... It also leaves more room for different types of dampners...

Also, increase the elec regen on adonis energy so that it can actually power itself nonstop without augs... or at least give it more than like 5 shots...

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:00 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Im thinking base shield regen needs a boost too. Tech 18-20 bases that are well geared and auged should be a big team effort to take down, atleast 3-4 strong damage dealers should be needed. Not one moron who MFs slates or a sniper using TT+ in his BT.

I would also like galaxies to not be so darn spread out. Planets shouldnt be 10k apart, that makes certain bases too easy to kill.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:10 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Bases are becoming a bit too powerful its not like there that hard to build and its not like pvp wasn't dead enough already

Says the guy who saying by his flag team has eihter not been playing a lot lately, and who no one has bragged attacking for a while...

True an ambro base in itself is not very expensive nor hard to build, but you need time to extract the metal for all those dims. Then if tou want to beef it, dampener+ add 500M to the cost. Then, rare commod extractors, what might currently be building.

Other than that I agree with what DR said. Something to take into account is that a normal guy (I mean with real life stuff that cannot be bypassed, ie work VS some (at leasst in France) classes in university, and a little sleep) with no social life can hardly spend more than 4 hours in game a day.

That means that bases have to fight alone most of the time (different time zones not overlaping, player with no social life AND no duty during the day). I think even a 3times increase in shield bank wont really matter (except to use other aug setups, but we can already hit regen cap on shields as it is I think)

The beef of mags sounds good, but it should not increase the elec usage if the energybank do not get a regen beef, a base with charger and shield does not have much extra elec to spare for weapons.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:07 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Demonx
Level: 5178

I was under the impression base beefing would go FAR further than this.

especially if Augtweaking is coming in.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:09 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

base tractors that have the same code as AI (they tracotr without thinking)

the mags arent a problem, the lasers are though. Make them shorter range and NON grem!

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Multiple wepons fire would be a good addition. I'm thinking sheild and damage dealer here not specifically, more than 1 weapon, although one 1 laser and 1 'gun' type could be good.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:10 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

the mags arent a problem, the lasers are though. Make them shorter range and NON grem!

And what happens when someone makes an annih base with 2x ares, 2x sup traction augs? BROKEN...

Also, what is wrong with grem?

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:34 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

BAM5992 wrote:

And what happens when someone makes an annih base with 2x ares, 2x sup traction augs? BROKEN...

Also, what is wrong with grem?

well since abses do a LOT of damage, grem is kinda unfair

also, when that base is made, tell me how much sheilds it has ok?

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

goz its annihilator.. it has tons.. the 2 sup traction with a push tractor.... yea.., would just need more than 1 dmg dealer.tractors on bases are a dumb idea anyways. and there is nothing wrong with the grem. u are not understanding that bases are expensive.. and should require more than 1 person to take them down, so grem is fine

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:35 pm
Team: Surrender the Booty
Main: Tyler-Durden
Level: 2017

none of this will stop a player using a load of healer buddies out of the bases pvp range while they wear down the shields

how about a a anti shield / shield transfereance field for base that reduces effectivness of enemy shield / shield trans and increses the effectiveness of friendly shield / shield trans for a base

im thinking similar to undead presence but bases only with more range / power

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:50 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

There are base auras like that, the adonis version remove 100 shield reco, but has a ridiculous range.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:06 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next