Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

So what your saying is Thump: if Person B is personal enemy to Person A, Person A can have the option to make Person B team enemy (if soldier+).

Player A, the ATTACKER, has NO options. Only the ATTACKEE has the option to mark the ATTACKER team enemy.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:04 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

wasup999999 wrote:
So what your saying is Thump: if Person B is personal enemy to Person A, Person A can have the option to make Person B team enemy (if soldier+).

Player A, the ATTACKER, has NO options. Only the ATTACKEE has the option to mark the ATTACKER team enemy.

that can be exploited thummper.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:23 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

I had considered allowing people to mark Team Enemy, but the more I think about it the more I don't like it. If someone attacks your ship, you shouldn't be able to turn your entire team's bases against them at will without the use of warmongering. In my opinion, PvP and PvB should be separated entirely. Otherwise you just get the same problem you have now - its not worth attacking someone on a big team if you get marked team enemy and you get constantly shot at by bases while traveling.

Now there are problems with this - for example, you can't declare war on a lone wolf (no team). Also team hopping can be used to avoid war mongering.

Ideally what I want to do is to make team hopping impossible, or not work to avoid war mongering. I'm not sure what to do about someone who remains team less, but the easiest solution is probably just for the players to handle it themselves.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Put a time limit of 24 or 48 hours ( ideally 48 ) before you can join a new team. I dont know qutie how you could fix the no team though.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:34 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I think it sounds pretty good. I would add that if you attack a permanent drone or base anywhere (owned galaxy or not) (edit: or trading slave), you become team enemy, since attacking infrastructure is a serious matter and probably the biggest form of griefing.

I would also consider adding three more things:

1) When killed by a player, no death debt is incurred

2) When killed by a player and GG is used, the GG pops out as a drop.

3) Maybe some kind of glory system where if you kill someone that has equal or higher glory than you, he loses one and you gain one. If you have less than 10 glory and level up, then you also get +1 glory. The average glory of all players on the team would replace the glory in the team scores and be an important ingredient in determining which teams can run for emperor.

So basically, if you have glory 10 and kill another player with glory 10, you now have glory 11 and he has 9. The only way to get to glory 12 is to find and kill a player who has glory of 11+. This will tend to pit the PvPers against one another and make the true champions of PvP seek each other out so they can continue to advance in their glory. Or in other words, there is no glory in continuing to kill the same chump.

Last edited by JeffL on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5137

And the higher your glory, the more respect you get from AI.

If you have a very high glory, nothing short of an AI boss will shoot you.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Trading slaves should be considered part of team infastructure and an attack on them would mean team enemy

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:41 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I

1) When killed by a player, no death debt is incurred good, please.

2) When killed by a player and GG is used, the GG pops out as a drop. then GG would be bought alot less, and the really uber pvp'ers would have more GG even tho they are the ones who need it the least (in compairison the the person they just pwnd). and if grim was killing my buddy, couldent I quickly kill him, get his GG and run? saving us a net of 1 GG.[ im sure theres[ much more to be thought of here, but I cant find it atm

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

then GG would be bought alot less, and the really uber pvp'ers would have more GG even tho they are the ones who need it the least (in compairison the the person they just pwnd). and if grim was killing my buddy, couldent I quickly kill him, get his GG and run? saving us a net of 1 GG.[ im sure theres[ much more to be thought of here, but I cant find it atm

a) whens the last time you lost gg to pvp. Majority of gg loses are to ai so the gg sales wouldn't drop much..

b) this is to provide incentive to pvp, to be good at pvp so its onyl fair that the people who are good at pvp get rewarded.

c) youd have to be pretty precise with killing your budy to make sure grim doesn't kill him. I suppose with vjack/MD it isnt that hard but still.. If you cna do tat your proly better off to just get the agro on yourself or kill the ai. Perhaps though, this gg drops don't apply when squaded or teamed.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:06 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

3) Maybe some kind of glory system where if you kill someone that has equal or higher glory than you, he loses one and you gain one. If you have less than 10 glory and level up, then you also get +1 glory. The average glory of all players on the team would replace the glory in the team scores and be an important ingredient in determining which teams can run for emperor.

So basically, if you have glory 10 and kill another player with glory 10, you now have glory 11 and he has 9. The only way to get to glory 12 is to find and kill a player who has glory of 11+. This will tend to pit the PvPers against one another and make the true champions of PvP seek each other out so they can continue to advance in their glory. Or in other words, there is no glory in continuing to kill the same chump.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

This would rock. You could also add a highest glory point list to the bulletin board. Then PvPers could duke it out Highlander-style with the champ getting something like an Imp Seal at the end of every uni.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:26 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5137

It really doesnt matter, your gonna lose GG either way...

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:27 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

What about in a situation where Crazy Glue works? Would the GG still drop?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:03 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

What about in a situation where Crazy Glue works? Would the GG still drop?

Obviously not.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:04 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

I think it sounds pretty good. I would add that if you attack a permanent drone or base anywhere (owned galaxy or not) (edit: or trading slave), you become team enemy, since attacking infrastructure is a serious matter and probably the biggest form of griefing.

I would also consider adding three more things:

1) When killed by a player, no death debt is incurred

2) When killed by a player and GG is used, the GG pops out as a drop.
This is VERY exploitable, on runs you can have someone shoot you a few times when you are near death, they kill you, scoop your GG, give you your GG back, 100 mil saved and you just need to mark them friend at the end of the run.

Yeah, this is a good idea, but will it be possible to see the other players glory? This way, you don't have to attack and kill them and see whether you gained a glory point or not, you can tell if you will get one from pwning them by looking at the targeted ship readout, maybe?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:11 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

o god yes.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:20 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next