Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
Contributor
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4988

Post Re: Base Rebalance Update
Reading this thread from start to finish reminds me of the Kübler-Ross model. xD

Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:27 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: Cirdan
Level: 4246

Post Base Rebalance - Other Base Gear
What going to happen to other base Gear like:
Mzungu Protector - T15
Mzungu Station Defence - T15
Mzungu Energybank - T15
Mzungu Gargantuan Pulse - T15

Faranji Bloom - T13

Earthforce Station Panel - T12
Earthforce Station AntiPanel - T12
Non Portable Surgeon - T12

Bule Mentallity - T11
Bule Station Radar - T11
Bule Tran-Dim Station Laser - T11
Bule Protector - T11

What are the plans for changes to the above listed items.

And other base items that are built from BP that drop from the Pillboxes (Mzungu, Faranji & Bule) at the start of the univ. that are 1 use only.
The above list is from the ones I have made or still have BP for.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

sabre198 wrote:
Why what's wrong with the new stats I like them. Messing with Pvp ranges is care bear isn't it?

I don't think so. At least not when it's clear that the current pvp ranges were designed around T20 gear being the top of the line. Like I said, when that pvp range system was implemented there wasn't necessarily a huge difference between the power of a level 1k-ish character and a level 2k-ish character, so it made sense to have a system which allowed them to compete. The new content altered that balance, so the pvp limits should have been altered accordingly. Instead, the devs did a nerf and rebalance to try to keep the level 1k and level 2k+ players on more equal footing, at least where bases are concerned.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:54 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

am i the only one who finds it a tad silly that some people have had access to test and seen the new base gear stats while the majority of others have not

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Not hard to change the word liberty for test in your client is it?

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Valtyda
Level: 7130

http://www.markoz.net/screenie4.jpg
http://www.markoz.net/screenie5.jpg

Believe these were not posted yet. Check item locations, Markoz confirmed admin.

(Mirror: http://imgur.com/ZfzYiml,kqdtI95)

Also, this `beef` will not net to a 2x increase in base stats at all. With the nerf to StM the effective `beef` will be about 1.4x; in fact, base DPS for StMs might not even go up that much, if the recoil on base weapons is not adjusted, as it seems at the moment (the base recoil on something like an AchZ is 2 seconds).

Doing some maths; The StM30 bonus in the old system would be 165% to both RoF and damage, assuming you're not at RoF cap. This would net a ~7 modifier, or +600% to DPS, as mentioned before.

In the new system the base weapon DPS is beefed by roughly a factor of 3.31 (going from the stats of the new AchZ laser). This would result in a total DPS mod of 1.6² * 3.31 ~ 8.5 from StM and the new change. Basically an increase of 1.5/7 = 21%. (Note that RoF is cheaper to aug for, and you'll have less trouble with the RoF cap now, so you might be able to squeeze a higher DPS mod from aug setups now. Figured I'd mention this before wankelin pointed it out)

While test was up just a few seconds ago. Bob thedog, glorious dictator of The Dividing Contrast logged on to test and noticed our HQ kit only got 10k regen (from 100k to 90k), so perhaps the `increase` for shields is even worse (although I have not checked this myself).

The message to take home is that `we beef bases by a factor of 2` does not actually mean `we beef bases by a factor of 2`. More like `we beef bases by a factor of 2 for people who do not use StM kits`. Either that or Yclept can't math.

Edit: Enkelin pointed out some wrong numbers so I had to adjust some of the new numbers downwards even more.

Last edited by Valtuda on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:11 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Valtuda wrote:
Believe these were not posted yet. Check item locations, Markoz confirmed admin.

Lol if I was a admin I would start working on that 'to do' list. Starting with that log filter. Also I would create the damn cookie ship. Its about time someone made a cookie ship damn!

I got lazy I can't be ass to stretch a topic even further with more possibly invalid stats.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:30 pm
Main: Slamma
Level: 3265

Valtuda wrote:

Also, this `beef` will not net to a 2x increase in base stats at all. With the nerf to StM the effective `beef` will be about 1.4x; in fact, base DPS for StMs might not even go up that much, if the recoil on base weapons is not adjusted, as it seems at the moment (the base recoil on something like an AchZ is 2 seconds).

It certainly will for mid-level players, who may or may not have a StM alt, and most probably doesn't have a level 3000 one.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:35 pm

beamanbr wrote:
Valtuda wrote:

It certainly will for mid-level players, who may or may not have a StM alt, and most probably doesn't have a level 3000 one.

Valtuda wrote:
The message to take home is that `we beef bases by a factor of 2` does not actually mean `we beef bases by a factor of 2`. More like `we beef bases by a factor of 2 for people who do not use StM kits`.

Also; I don't have access to a StM30 either. ;)

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:09 pm

So what you saying is base shield regen isn't going to go up by 2x at all?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:49 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
So what you saying is base shield regen isn't going to go up by 2x at all?

Correct, not for people who use decently augged StM kits.

Bob made me build a base calculator spreadsheet yesterday. It seems like bases will get a 10-20% beef at best in the endgame. The X Y Z gear will probably still be a big beef to bases though. Might be that the stats Markoz posted were not final yet, but seeing as the new uni starts today, they'd probably be close to correct.

Edit: Note that chargers probably are not updated yet. If they get the same buff as base shields (roughly x4), then your final regen will probably be a lot higher (probably the factor of 2 promised). The exact numbers haven't been given out yet, though.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:03 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

Thanks Valtuda for catching that error. Weapon DPS is not quite as high as it's meant to be. I will adjust that for the next patch after reset. The problem was that when I increased weapon RoF to compensate for the decreased Station Mastery bonus, that change didn't increase DPS. Instead, the balance sheets just kept the same weapon DPS with the new RoF number. :oops:

I would like to thank everyone once again for all the great feedback, and wish you a pleasant reset. Sorry for overlooking this issue and I'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:43 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5995

Valtuda wrote:
The message to take home is that `we beef bases by a factor of 2` does not actually mean `we beef bases by a factor of 2`. More like `we beef bases by a factor of 2 for people who do not use StM kits`.

cuz they want more equal kits for everyone :|
and they want to nerf STM by much to make em only a bit stronger than normal kits by 2.5 or so

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 am

yclepticon wrote:
Thanks Valtuda for catching that error. Weapon DPS is not quite as high as it's meant to be. I will adjust that for the next patch after reset. The problem was that when I increased weapon RoF to compensate for the decreased Station Mastery bonus, that change didn't increase DPS. Instead, the balance sheets just kept the same weapon DPS with the new RoF number. :oops:

I would like to thank everyone once again for all the great feedback, and wish you a pleasant reset. Sorry for overlooking this issue and I'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

So, will you change base RoF? I'd rather not reaug my kits 1 week into the uni.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:00 am

he said next patch after reset but not reset, kinda annoying, that could be anytime.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next