Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Contributor
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4988

Post Re: Base Rebalance Update
yclepticon wrote:
Thanks Valtuda for catching that error. Weapon DPS is not quite as high as it's meant to be. I will adjust that for the next patch after reset. The problem was that when I increased weapon RoF to compensate for the decreased Station Mastery bonus, that change didn't increase DPS. Instead, the balance sheets just kept the same weapon DPS with the new RoF number. :oops:

I would like to thank everyone once again for all the great feedback, and wish you a pleasant reset. Sorry for overlooking this issue and I'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

Mind committing to a date or time so people don't commit resources to bases and then have to change them?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:23 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

I can't commit to a date or time because I am not in charge of pushing changes to live. However, there will be absolutely no need to change your setups because the only change that will happen is that base weapons will receive more DPH (damage per hit). The recoil will not change.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:25 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Rogue Amoeba
Level: 2591

Just looked at base gear stats on live and I'm wondering about the energy bank vs energy requirements of shields/charger/weapons.
Are we going to need an elec aug on a StM base?!? I don't see how an ada bank can power an Aegis shield, an ada charger, ada damps and weapons at the same time.
Has anyone done the proper maths on this?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:11 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

labrador_wow_wow wrote:
Just looked at base gear stats on live and I'm wondering about the energy bank vs energy requirements of shields/charger/weapons.
Are we going to need an elec aug on a StM base?!? I don't see how an ada bank can power an Aegis shield, an ada charger, ada damps and weapons at the same time.
Has anyone done the proper maths on this?

That is correct. You may need to consider using an elec aug depending on what you expect your base to be able to do.

Also, I have been watching all chat and one player pointed out that the mechanics of healer bases will be affected by the increase to weapon DPH that will go in soon. As long as you aug your bases the way you were augging before the rebalance, you will not see any issues. That's what I mean when I said that your aug setup will not need to change.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:14 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5995

uhm i saw the andaman gears stats and it doesnt seem to be going to be sufficiently powered even max STM, before i was able to power them with no problem even without elec aug. . . or my maths is wrong :?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:30 am

riel017 wrote:
uhm i saw the andaman gears stats and it doesnt seem to be going to be sufficiently powered even max STM, before i was able to power them with no problem even without elec aug. . . or my maths is wrong :?

That's what doesn't add up in my head. Gear gets more powerful, but you lose aug slots to 'passive' augs (range, elec) that do not make your base regen faster or hit harder/faster.
Isn't the end result that the base doesn't really get a beef?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:39 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

yclepticon wrote:
That is correct. You may need to consider using an elec aug depending on what you expect your base to be able to do.

So this isn't exactly a beef if we need to spend elec and range aug. Suddenly our ada kits become regular 4-aug kits.

EDIT: Oh lol labrador_wow_wow already said it. Learn2readBlizz.

Last edited by Antilzah on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5995

labrador_wow_wow wrote:
That's what doesn't add up in my head. Gear gets more powerful, but you lose aug slots to 'passive' augs (range, elec) that do not make your base regen faster or hit harder/faster.
Isn't the end result that the base doesn't really get a beef?

im wondering about that too, cuz small teams only tend to use arcadian - andaman kits being cost wise and relies on numbers of drones and kits deployed in a gal. . . hmm. . . im getting more confused with this thing

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:43 am

yclepticon wrote:

Not to die because it tries to shoot an enemy and starves its shield/charger of energy? I would trust my bases to do that to themselves :P

yclepticon wrote:
Also, I have been watching all chat and one player pointed out that the mechanics of healer bases will be affected by the increase to weapon DPH that will go in soon. As long as you aug your bases the way you were augging before the rebalance, you will not see any issues. That's what I mean when I said that your aug setup will not need to change.

I don't understand why I won't have to change my aug setup?
Without doing exact math, it looks like a base that takes damage will not be able to fire back because most of the elec goes to the shield and charger and what is left powers the dampeners.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:46 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

yclepticon wrote:
That is correct. You may need to consider using an elec aug depending on what you expect your base to be able to do..

small print always stuffs us :lol:

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Dont forget that the StM boost wont increase the drain off shields/chargers but it will increase the elec regen so on avg you should see StM kits pulling ahead elec wise. Ill have to do hard maths but seems thats the case from rough calcs

Non-StM kits however will need elec auggings if you want to run full gear on them. It actually pushes StM back up in terms of relative ability just that little bit. Honestly its been somewhat absurd that we haven't had to care about elec at all on bases for so long and the beaf makes up for any aug losses 3 fold.

The biggest issue for me will be DPS kits that not only chug elec on the charger/shield end but also massive elec drain on the weps (more than trans by a great margin) so we should see people opting to remove chargers/high regen shields on DPS in favor of high banks backed up by HPS from external bases.

Return of the Energy Capacitor anyone?
Vorp

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:56 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

err so reset is going to go ahead early? crashing 20 mins before its due is a bit of a issue for those who were doing last checks on gear and get stuck in a singy on crash

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Vorporal wrote:
Dont forget that the StM boost wont increase the drain off shields/chargers but it will increase the elec regen so on avg you should see StM kits pulling ahead elec wise. Ill have to do hard maths but seems thats the case from rough calcs

Non-StM kits however will need elec auggings if you want to run full gear on them. It actually pushes StM back up in terms of relative ability just that little bit. Honestly its been somewhat absurd that we haven't had to care about elec at all on bases for so long and the beaf makes up for any aug losses 3 fold.

The biggest issue for me will be DPS kits that not only chug elec on the charger/shield end but also massive elec drain on the weps (more than trans by a great margin) so we should see people opting to remove chargers/high regen shields on DPS in favor of high banks backed up by HPS from external bases.

Return of the Energy Capacitor anyone?
Vorp

Isn't Bank just a factor of time? If you don't have a sustained regeneration of whatever you are taking out (whether it's elec or regen), it's just a matter of seconds or minutes to deplete the additional bank.

Taking off chargers or using lower regen shields on DPS kits takes out a lot of regen and therefore reduces the amount of attackers you need to take the base/gal down. An ada charger with 2 or 3 Assault augs makes quite a significant difference.

Yeah, StM has the elec bonus but it's limited to 2% per level. So you're looking at a 50% bonus for a lvl 2k base. I don't think you'll power the equivalent of an Achilles Laser Z that easily, given it will take tons of elec to fire.

Didn't ExE bases always need an Elec aug if they were fully kitted out? Maybe I've been wasting an aug slot for nothing all these years :D

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:26 pm
Team: Royal Corporation
Main: Horaf
Level: 3314

I agree with Lab's concerns. Additionally, I am concerned about this bit of the update:

** Galaxy limit on bases is now on a per team basis. Even if you have 50 bases in a galaxy, the enemies can also deploy 50.

If a galaxy owner deploys a bunch of CA, EE low tech kits to try to be profitable... a pirating team will find it *absurdly* easy to take the gal, given the fact that they can use nothing but t20 kits and fill up as many of those 50 slots as are necessary to overrun the galaxy. Defending team's bases in this situation will stand no chance at all.

The reduction in pvp in-game is what brought me back to SS. Just sayin'.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:39 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

labrador_wow_wow wrote:
Didn't ExE bases always need an Elec aug if they were fully kitted out? Maybe I've been wasting an aug slot for nothing all these years :D

You have been wasting more than that if you have been augging your ExE kits all these years. With these changes, ExE kits *may* be worth augging for the first time ever.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next