Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Base Rebalance Update
slmaxg wrote:
I agree with Lab's concerns. Additionally, I am concerned about this bit of the update:

** Galaxy limit on bases is now on a per team basis. Even if you have 50 bases in a galaxy, the enemies can also deploy 50.

If a galaxy owner deploys a bunch of CA, EE low tech kits to try to be profitable... a pirating team will find it *absurdly* easy to take the gal, given the fact that they can use nothing but t20 kits and fill up as many of those 50 slots as are necessary to overrun the galaxy. Defending team's bases in this situation will stand no chance at all.

The reduction in pvp in-game is what brought me back to SS. Just sayin'.

I don't know why everyone is reading this in that wonky way. You don't get N slots where N = number of kits deployed by the owning team. You get 50 slots, per team. That is literally the only way to read it that makes any sense.

Anyway, to your other point I'm wondering if you can explain why you would consider it "easy" to conduct a 20-kit BvB.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:41 pm
Team: Royal Corporation
Main: Horaf
Level: 3314

anilv wrote:
slmaxg wrote:
I agree with Lab's concerns. Additionally, I am concerned about this bit of the update:

** Galaxy limit on bases is now on a per team basis. Even if you have 50 bases in a galaxy, the enemies can also deploy 50.

If a galaxy owner deploys a bunch of CA, EE low tech kits to try to be profitable... a pirating team will find it *absurdly* easy to take the gal, given the fact that they can use nothing but t20 kits and fill up as many of those 50 slots as are necessary to overrun the galaxy. Defending team's bases in this situation will stand no chance at all.

I don't know why everyone is reading this in that wonky way. You don't get N slots where N = number of kits deployed by the owning team. You get 50 slots, per team. That is literally the only way to read it that makes any sense.

Anyway, to your other point I'm wondering if you can explain why you would consider it "easy" to conduct a 20-kit BvB.

The 50 slots, per team, is precisely what I am taking issue with. That mechanic will make it simpler for an attacker to put as many kits in gal as they need to overrun it, rather than being restricted to a few kits, if the defending team has filled most of the slots in-gal, as-per the old limit.

For instance, if a galaxy has 4 t20 dem kits defending, and a bunch of smaller kits for ee/ca, and under the old system, an attacking team would only have, say, 4-5 base slots available to them, that makes it much more of a fight to overrun a galaxy, than having 50 bases deployable no matter what.

With respect to my comment about it being "easy" to conduct bvb (I did not say 20-kit bvb - though that is now a possibility along with 50-kit bvb) I am referring to the fact that it now becomes possible to use a ton of kits to assault a galaxy, regardless of how much defense is in place. This is *relative* to previous mechanics.

Last edited by slmaxg on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:47 pm
Contributor
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4998

slmaxg wrote:

Maximize profit? Maximize risk.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:50 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Even the fucking Sims has risk

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:51 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5995

fully geared HPS kits will not be able to power themselves with the rebalance it will need 1-2 elec aug for it to power cuz of that elec drain from everything and so little regen even if you put an energy capacitor it will just be a matter of time cuz it cannot sustain, end scenario base will kill itself

Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:14 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5130

slmaxg wrote:

then get the fuck out of this game.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:50 pm
Team: Gambit
Main: Dxstruction
Level: 4472

What if the tech levels of offensive and defender bases had to be equal? So if the defender had 2 t18, 3 t16, and 7 t9 bases, the attacked couldn't place bases stronger than that. They could attack with 12 t9 bases; with 5 t16 and 7 t9 bases; or match the 2 t18, 3 t16, and 7 t9 bases

Probably not the best solution, but one I'd just like to throw out

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:31 pm
Contributor
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4998

riel017 wrote:
fully geared HPS kits will not be able to power themselves with the rebalance it will need 1-2 elec aug for it to power cuz of that elec drain from everything and so little regen even if you put an energy capacitor it will just be a matter of time cuz it cannot sustain, end scenario base will kill itself

Its called a trade off, if you want an infinitely sustainable base/ship you have to be willing to make sacrifices. You cannot have the PERFECT anything, you are going to have weaknesses.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:37 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Valtyda
Level: 7130

Will the upgrade BPs be added to stations, as I can't build Annih upgrades on my unted kits now (while before reset, they were on stations, so this kinda sucks.)

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:49 pm

uhh perma drones didnt get the indirect beef? im seeing adonis drone still on 2.2k energy and 156k shields/ / / i thought they are gonna get indirect beef?

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:28 am
Main: Valtyda
Level: 7130

Another remark; Looks like Apollo Charger was forgotten in this last patch, it only has 26 regen (while the shield has 112).

Edit: Another one; It seems some extraction rates are really high (Metals, Space Oats) and some are really low (Nuke Waste). Not sure whether this is intentional or not, but getting mad amounts of space oats at the mo.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:54 am

also there is a thing that you cannot access a base anymore owned by a different char in the same account, before it was not an issue. . ..

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:21 am
over 9000!

Valtuda wrote:
Edit: Another one; It seems some extraction rates are really high (Metals, Space Oats) and some are really low (Nuke Waste). Not sure whether this is intentional or not, but getting mad amounts of space oats at the mo.

Nuclear Waste has always extracted at 1/3 the rate of the other tier 0 commods.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:39 am
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

slmaxg wrote:
anilv wrote:
slmaxg wrote:

The 50 slots, per team, is precisely what I am taking issue with. That mechanic will make it simpler for an attacker to put as many kits in gal as they need to overrun it, rather than being restricted to a few kits, if the defending team has filled most of the slots in-gal, as-per the old limit.

For instance, if a galaxy has 4 t20 dem kits defending, and a bunch of smaller kits for ee/ca, and under the old system, an attacking team would only have, say, 4-5 base slots available to them, that makes it much more of a fight to overrun a galaxy, than having 50 bases deployable no matter what.

With respect to my comment about it being "easy" to conduct bvb (I did not say 20-kit bvb - though that is now a possibility along with 50-kit bvb) I am referring to the fact that it now becomes possible to use a ton of kits to assault a galaxy, regardless of how much defense is in place. This is *relative* to previous mechanics.

Lol. Go back to the first few pages of this thread, and you'll see plenty of us pointing out that this nerf and rebalance isn't helping low / midrange teams and players at all. The biggest teams can do a 20 kit BvB assault with T20 ada kits if they feel it's necessary. No, it's not easy, but it can be done. The midrange teams won't be able to come close to doing that or defending against it.

Those low / midrange players won't be able to defend well either. It takes massive resources in terms of EE bases and slaves to make all three levels of gear upgrades at once (which you have to do if you want Z bases within a month). I'm probably an upper-mid-range player. My EE is level 24, for example, and I have 5 decently developed alts with high SM / SR levels, all decked out with full complements of trade slaves, and lots of experience setting up the EE bases and trade slave network for efficiency. I'm not even close to getting enough resources to my 5 T20 bases to let them all build the 3 upgrades at the same time. Good thing I still have that ada gear for my StM, eh?

Those lower mid-range players who haven't built T18 / T20 gear yet get absolutely no help from this rebalance. There is no "instabuild" vanilla gear bp on the base (as was planned at some point), so they will have to put their old Andaman gear or something on it for at least the first week of the uni (one week IF they can get enough commods to upgrade their bases to the X that fast). It will be a minimum of 2 weeks before they're at the Y level, which is supposed to put them on par with the Ada bases their high-level attackers can use (up to 50 of them), but I really can't imagine a true mid-range player getting the upgrades done that fast, at least not at the T20 level. During that time right after reset when most conflict occurs, they can be killed easily.

Also, what are we supposed to do with this already-existing X,Y,Z gear that is now taking up space in our storage ships and can't be transferred out? I thought it was going to be nerfed back to vanilla gear during the reset.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:51 am
over 9000!

Dorin Nube wrote:
Lol. Go back to the first few pages of this thread, and you'll see plenty of us pointing out that this nerf and rebalance isn't helping low / midrange teams and players at all. The biggest teams can do a 20 kit BvB assault with T20 ada kits if they feel it's necessary. No, it's not easy, but it can be done. The midrange teams won't be able to come close to doing that or defending against it.

Whereas before the rebalance they could accomplish the same thing with Prawns, except with no advance warning and no investment required. What's your point?

Those low / midrange players won't be able to defend well either. It takes massive resources in terms of EE bases and slaves to make all three levels of gear upgrades at once (which you have to do if you want Z bases within a month). I'm probably an upper-mid-range player. My EE is level 24, for example, and I have 5 decently developed alts with high SM / SR levels, all decked out with full complements of trade slaves, and lots of experience setting up the EE bases and trade slave network for efficiency. I'm not even close to getting enough resources to my 5 T20 bases to let them all build the 3 upgrades at the same time. Good thing I still have that ada gear for my StM, eh?

I find this paragraph either disingenuous or misinformed. Roughly 10 million metals per day can be pulled from an average Loads source with a decently high level ExE, using only Tech 0-9 extractors. Are you really claiming that you can't find the slots for six T9 ExE kits to over-supply your five StM kits for a month? I can't take your arguments seriously if you insist to hold this sort of position.

Those lower mid-range players who haven't built T18 / T20 gear yet get absolutely no help from this rebalance. There is no "instabuild" vanilla gear bp on the base (as was planned at some point), so they will have to put their old Andaman gear or something on it for at least the first week of the uni (one week IF they can get enough commods to upgrade their bases to the X that fast). It will be a minimum of 2 weeks before they're at the Y level, which is supposed to put them on par with the Ada bases their high-level attackers can use (up to 50 of them), but I really can't imagine a true mid-range player getting the upgrades done that fast, at least not at the T20 level. During that time right after reset when most conflict occurs, they can be killed easily.

Junkyard kits are better than instabuild and Anda-Achilles gear is essentially instabuild. Unsure if you are willfully ignoring facts or just uninformed.

Also, what are we supposed to do with this already-existing X,Y,Z gear that is now taking up space in our storage ships and can't be transferred out? I thought it was going to be nerfed back to vanilla gear during the reset.

Sell it to AI base.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:03 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next