Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

goz its annihilator.. it has tons.. the 2 sup traction with a push tractor.... yea.., would just need more than 1 dmg dealer.tractors on bases are a dumb idea anyways. and there is nothing wrong with the grem. u are not understanding that bases are expensive.. and should require more than 1 person to take them down, so grem is fine

right, but by being so expensive that does NOT mean its unkillable. The power of your base as of now depends on what team your on and how much money you have, gay.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

gay.

why is that gay?

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:08 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Goz... Bases don't do all that much damage unless they're augged well... and even then, only in groups... When you've got monkies healing you for ~1.5-2k shields per second, you'll find that bases don't do all that much damage...

Again...

You have never done PvB, you have NO IDEA how it works and what is too strong/too weak... You're only basing this off when you're solo and a gal rapes your incredibly weak SD shields...

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:29 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

IAmMe2 wrote:
BAM5992 wrote:
base tractors that have the same code as AI (they tracotr without thinking)

the mags arent a problem, the lasers are though. Make them shorter range and NON grem!

And what happens when someone makes an annih base with 2x ares, 2x sup traction augs? BROKEN...

Also, what is wrong with grem?

well since abses do a LOT of damage, grem is kinda unfair

also, when that base is made, tell me how much sheilds it has ok?

When that base is made, if your smart, it wll have other things around it so it CANT be touched. As in maybe more grem lasers, or insane DPS in the gal as a whole. Just because one base is augged for DPS/Grem doesn't mean that all of the bases in the gal are the same

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:01 am
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Goz... Bases don't do all that much damage unless they're augged well... and even then, only in groups... When you've got monkies healing you for ~1.5-2k shields per second, you'll find that bases don't do all that much damage...

mine do way more DPS :D although i realize not everyone is gonna spend as much money on bases as i do.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:03 am
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

"If these beefs are made then high end bases will be unkillable! thats so broken!!"

Heres my question. Why? Shouldnt a base with a 2+bil base kit, multiple bil augs, and 10s of bils in base gear BE damned near unkillable if not totally?

The other statement was something like.. "Omg it'll take like 5 dpsers to kill one base! thats so not fair! its so hard to get 5 dpsers!!"

Ok granted. SS playerbase is small. But so... People shouldnt have to go to a big effort to kill uber bases? They shouldnt have to organize in advance...?

Anyways thats my 2 cents on people arguments against base beefing.

My opinion is that ALL bases need a beef. At the moment, an andaman base auged pretty much any way can be soloed by 1 person in the lvl range of the now minimum lvl of andaman kit laying.. Needs a beef. Lets not get into lower lvl bases.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:06 am
Main: Bone 'Ed
Level: 1054

Yeah thats super lasers.....and can you say expensive.

What bases need is a beef to all the "standard" gear, weapons need better damage, shields need better banks and regen, energies need better regens.

If you compare the stats of a player to that of a base, granted the base has a huge advantage in the shield/energy departments, but a SINGLE player can beat the shield regen of a base.

The enegy on a base as they are just cant handle the work load of shield/charger AND weapons.

The weapons are another matter all together, even augged with say 2 ambro damage 1 ambro firing an andaman base still cant do enough dps to 1 player and 4 healers.

^^ That isnt helped by the fact that most galaxies are far too spread out, the bases cant heal eachother or cover each other with fire.

As for multiple weapons: That would be a cool idea, but another good idea would be to let bases use their weapons AND their shield trans at the same time instead of them stupidly and randomly deciding which to use. This would boost the survivabilty rate especially considering the new level limits.

Bases do too little damage, dont have enough regen. Simple as.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:25 pm

The enegy on a base as they are just cant handle the work load of shield/charger AND weapons.

Not true... Its just n00bs who only use AVALON energybanks can't power the ambro firing augged ANDAMAN laser and the ambro recovery augged ANDAMAN protector, and the ANDAMAN charger have trouble powering their gear. Notice how andaman energybanks which should go with andaman gear, provide 3x the power that an avalon energybank does?

Fenderbass wrote:
The weapons are another matter all together, even augged with say 2 ambro damage 1 ambro firing an andaman base still cant do enough dps to 1 player and 4 healers.

No, but 10 of them can... especially with even just one superlaser about...

Fenderbass wrote:
^^ That isnt helped by the fact that most galaxies are far too spread out, the bases cant heal eachother or cover each other with fire.

This part I'll agree with... I think the average galaxy size(distance wise, not # of planets) needs to be cut in half, and the range of all base weps needs to be increased 50-100%... Right now bases simply can't protect each other without at LEAST 1 range aug, even with a very small galaxy... I've got a galaxy where all the planets are always within 1k of each other, and I still needed to use range augs and artemis bowstrings to properly defend each other...

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:47 pm
Main: Bone 'Ed
Level: 1054

Cyphe as much as i like you man, im gonna have to disagree with you. OK the first part about the energies, your right i guess, but all of the energies need a regen boost.
BUT as mercs proved in sol 2, 1 achillies, 5-6 andaman bases couldnt do enough damage to beat the healing of your 4 healers. There isnt enough dps behind the weapons as they are. :?

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:15 pm

Cyphe as much as i like you man, im gonna have to disagree with you. OK the first part about the energies, your right i guess, but all of the energies need a regen boost.
BUT as mercs proved in sol 2, 1 achillies, 5-6 andaman bases couldnt do enough damage to beat the healing of your 4 healers. There isnt enough dps behind the weapons as they are. :?

Notice how we avoided the center of the galaxy where the bases were in range? We started on the outside and worked our way in... This is a RANGE issue, not a damage issue... and Sol II also didn't have any superlasers... Even 1 superlaser would have made it much more difficult...

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:45 pm
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

how does the superlazer values work? Because i believe achilles superlazr says "-0.5% trans resist" i dont understand. .Can some1 explain

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:24 am
Team: Cerberus
Main: * Moridin *
Level: 506

I am thinking 1 ship damaging and 4 healer’s equals 5 ships attacking one base right? I think personally for more equality all bases should never be destroyed by no less then 10 attackers that are equal in tech level with the base owner. Isn’t the reason for the game to be challenge? What would be the point of one attacker hitting a base and destroying it in one shot? One attacker, unless they are uber Tech compared to the defenders base Tech, should never be able to take down no one base no matter how many healers it has. All the healers would be able to do would be able to keep the attacker alive and that is all that should happen. The best way to control this is to limit the skills players can go up to by their level. Hence by not allowing a very high leveled/tech player from attacking a very low leveled/tech player unless the low level attacked first. Then only allow the high leveled player to destroy them once until attacked again. Dropped goods should have an “Only the player who destroyed the “whatever it may be� and drops an item can pick it up grace period�. For example “A� killed “toad� and it dropped something. “A� should be the only one able to pick it up for a limited amount of time, after the time expires anyone can pick it up.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:10 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

the whole scooping thing is quite col, gives players a chance at ninja looting without ruining a scoop ability

the thing about pvp is broken, that how it USED to be, any low level could attack anything higher than it

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

less bases/galaxy => more galaxies/player
more galaxies/player => more whining/noob
more whining/noob => more nerfes/admin

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:08 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next