Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Yea, having stuff orbiting me faster than I could turn was always a pain. Although it was easy enough to fix that problem. If it was a pick, just let them give you a little push. Or just move and tractor the AI if they didn't have a push tractor.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Sharky99x
Level: 2766

Ive been trying for months to make an MF worthwhile.

I see Snipers and SD similar lvl to me able to take on RM etc and they they do more dps with 1 wep than i seem to be able to do with 3, 4 or 5 weps.

Thats if im actually lucky enough to get a shot on the ai.

It would be nice to see zerker with added targetting and damage. Being a little bit lighter would be nice as carrying 5 times the weps of all other classes makes us pretty heavy and slow. I know we not supposed to be nimble but just a tad extra in turning would help.

I like the added capacity from equipped weps.

Ill probably wait to see if these changes improve MF enough but as it is atm after a long effort of trying to prove that MF can be a good and powerful class im about ready to jack it in and go SD.

Im a MF pax and using UZ gear have about 90K shields and energy. Ive tried MFing all different weps and have always gone back to MF3 TT as that seems to be the only wep to do sufficient damage against most ai. Targetting is awful and i have to alwasy ensure the ai are 300-800 distance away.. any less or more and i wont do any damage.

I really think zerker needs a boost in turning, damage and targetting to make it a worthwhile class that can be just as good as SD or sniper or other combat.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Team: Sheilds
Main: Apper
Level: 1836

if you want berserkers to be hate-gathering machines, you should give them a bar like shields, energy, or visibilty. for each mob they select, it tells them how much that mob hates them

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

if you want berserkers to be hate-gathering machines, you should give them a bar like shields, energy, or visibilty. for each mob they select, it tells them how much that mob hates them

very difficult to code and on top of that it would update every second or at least very fast...that is one HELLA nasty source for lag right there... anyone with such bar would quickly regret it ever being added.

one bar we do need that should have been added when stasis was added is a damn health bar on your ship when you die! i do not understand why we cant see what our sheilds are doing wile we sit and wait. this is a tad silly.. add a non-healing healer wep to pods or somthing.. being able to see your sheilds would be very nice..

as for engineers..they do have a lot of resists..but i dont think that needs to be tweaked. we do not use weapons of any sorts. just drones..take out the drones and the DM is a sitting duck. and like The Smiley One has observed. DM does poorly without ops augs and is too powerfull with multiples of them. what needs to be fixed is the ops augs and maybe find some center ground for the drop rate on them.

berserkers do turn rather poorly.. a gunner is easily a match for one because they are far more nimble and far faster. because berserker is so slow and so heavy they do not do as well as most classes..what about adding -1% weight or turning bonus per weapon equiped?

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:17 am
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

I would like to see a weight reduction and perhaps a boost to damage also, as sharky says, we struggle to keep up with the amount of DPS some of the other classes can easily generate (DM, SD etc.) I like Voomy's idea about more Zerker speciality weapons too would be cool. To be honest, I could do with a slightly larger hull, even on my pax, so I can fit gear on which could make me a better tank (OS Shield Caps, Large Shields, Diffusers etc) and for me to be able to scoop loot. It wouldn't need to be a huge increase like the Support boost, but it could replace the -Wep Size% and give +Hull% on one of the subskills (Wep Size decrease doesn't work how it says anyway; just increasing the hull by equipping a weapon relative to the level in the subskill and the size of the original wep)

Meh, that is what I feel I want from Zerker, and dont tell me to go to other skills for the other boosts I want. :P

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:19 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I've always felt that berserker should be the best skill for sustained DPS because of their speed penalty, in other words the best choice for ubers for example. SD is fast, they should do a lot of DPS but only for a short time before running out of energy. Sniper should be high one time hit damage and then have to recharge a while before they can fire again.

None of the skills work as I want them to work atm :P

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:44 am
Team: Goldenboy-Pax Alliance
Main: Please Dont Shoot
Level: 1227

Just a random tangential :

There's already a skill in SS that governs hostility - its found in BiPolar. You can have subtlety (-1% hostility / shot) or hostility (+1% hostility / shot) and you can raise it quite high. Goes for a cheap amount of SP as well.

Um, so ah. Perhaps Zerkers should start investing in this skill which is already in the game? You could have it class specific, so that instead of 1% / level, the zerker class got 2% or even 2.5%.

Just a thought ;)

Well in a well balanced game these would make all the difference as they are meant to CC, but balancing is the point of this post so obviously that's not the way it is. As it is now those skills are useless. And "quite high"? They only go to level 10 :?

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:16 am
Team: Hot Shots
Main: Sylvester
Level: 4093

Im MF and I have Never had agro stolen from me. If you spend the time to think about your setup it just isnt possible. The biggest problems with MF is that your two choices are Weak Weak weapons and shitty dps or figure out a way to use the same weaps as everyone else just 4-5 of them and only be able to pull off a min or two of fire time.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:10 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

^^ Which is when Engineer with energy beam mastery comes into play.

He can add some serious energy regen allowing you to fire those 4 or 5 MDs at max speed nearly indefinitely.

I made Tarikn2 an engineer beam master in his pax with W20. If I come back I will make him the best engineer beam master in the game with a T20 beam :D

Rawr. :roll:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:17 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Which is when Engineer with energy beam mastery comes into play.

He can add some serious energy regen allowing you to fire those 4 or 5 MDs at max speed nearly indefinitely.

I smell a nerf :roll:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

So when 2 classes unite to be able to do what either couldnt do alone they get nerfed to stop it happening?

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:29 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

first off Joe engineer Actualy use Energy now...so therefore u would have to have some Serious augs Also tech 20 tractoring isnt in game

Trev

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:02 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

First off Homoerectus, I didn't know it now uses energy... but you can aug it for that and secondly...

T20 beams will be in the game soon.

And thirdly... umm... moo

Woot!!! Another Abbara instigated nerf!!!! :D

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:11 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Howzabout an engineer only "transmuter" that turns items into their equivalent value in credits. Like having a base, but everywhere, so you can get cash from those items you would normally chuck. hows that sound?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:30 pm
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

First off Homoerectus, I didn't know it now uses energy... but you can aug it for that and secondly...

T20 beams will be in the game soon.

And thirdly... umm... moo

Woot!!! Another Abbara instigated nerf!!!! :D

love to see you sustain several k energy regen per sec lol. wouldnt be good for much else XD wich sort of balences it out.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next