Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

Post Re: Some more changes to Sniper
masterful uses an izer wtih mostly ai base gear and he 1shots LC SD's with a 3 sniper mastery setup

/me watchs Masterful 1 shot zerkers

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:29 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

On a side note, Sniper Re-Router has been changed to give -90% speed instead of -100% which should hopefully solve the negative 2 bil distance bug.
The range bonus has been removed since it wasnt working anyway.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

mitchell.haigh wrote:
masterful uses an izer wtih mostly ai base gear and he 1shots LC SD's with a 3 sniper mastery setup

There's no ai base gear on it ^_^.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:30 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

Masterful wrote:
mitchell.haigh wrote:

There's no ai base gear on it ^_^.

No GG? Where are you? I wanner see!

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

If you can oneshot a SD without using a V2 rocket, then that SD sucks, plain and simple.

I've said it before, I have one of the most expensive setups out there(best, too :P ), and i MUST use a sniper re-router to have a chance of killing a top end Panther SD, and even then, once he knows i'm there there's only about a 25% chance that i can get him in the right spot to kill him.

Oneshotting is, of course, out of the question versus a top end SD.

An izer can get some pretty good stats if you use it right, but if a SD fights it correctly it wont stand a chance.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:36 pm
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

No Cygnus, the SD doesn't always suck, you're just saying that because you have no idea how to use sniper properly yet. Masterful killed ToD in an LC gal without a Lion Rocket V2, he has also killed several other LC people, sometimes he wins sometimes he looses. Can you do this Cygnus? Becuase I doubt you are the best Sniper in game if you cry it sucks all the time. These changes are good yes and will help the class alot, but saying that if a SD can be killed without a Lion Rocket V2 is another excuse for saying you dont understand the class properly.

AcidFlames Sniper > You

/endrant

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Mouse
Level: 4442

LB why are you saying for masterful, surely if this is true he would be boosting it.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm

These changes look great. Will have to try out on test.

- Brock Grocklyn

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:40 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Dr Ingelbert wrote:
LB why are you saying for masterful, surely if this is true he would be boosting it.

Boasting class capabilities like that is a good way to get your face bashed in witha nerf club.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:43 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Cygnus wrote:
An izer can get some pretty good stats if you use it right, but if a SD fights it correctly it wont stand a chance.

Indeed. I can easily kill Seers with it too, w/o an Athena+

btw, Boobo, I do actually use GG, not that I need it... ofc...

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

I personally think sniper is a fine class as is. It has it's own niche which is one that can solo quite a few ubers and do any DG. It needed some minor tweaking possibly to something like radar but these DPS increases seem a bit over the top. Let's of course give it some time on live but even the thought that a sniper should outdps a Zerk is odd. If a class is not super useful on a team run that does not make the class bad, Sniper also rapes kids in PvP. Doman on Progress is a perfect example though he is the only one I have actively fought so I might be biased.

Note I do not condone the raping of kids.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:36 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

mitchell.haigh wrote:
No Cygnus, the SD doesn't always suck, you're just saying that because you have no idea how to use sniper properly yet. Masterful killed ToD in an LC gal without a Lion Rocket V2, he has also killed several other LC people, sometimes he wins sometimes he looses. Can you do this Cygnus? Becuase I doubt you are the best Sniper in game if you cry it sucks all the time. These changes are good yes and will help the class alot, but saying that if a SD can be killed without a Lion Rocket V2 is another excuse for saying you dont understand the class properly.

AcidFlames Sniper > You

/endrant

I say what i say, because i've constantly fought some of the best SD's in the game, and managed to come out on top, by being really, really careful. A sniper can use tactics similar to SD's running in on tweak, and if they're LUCKY, they can kill a SD.

Also, dont tell me i dont understand the class :lol:

I'm the one who originally thought up much of what the class is right now. I have multiple people making snipers PM me; trust me, if I let half the people's alts do what they were planning, the number of really bad snipers would be far greater than it is at the moment.

Also, AF's sniper is really good! He's beaten me in pvp before...then again, all i had was my pve gear :P

If i had to judge, i'd say we're about equal, to be honest.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:56 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Cygnus wrote:
I have multiple people making snipers PM me; trust me, if I let half the people's alts do what they were planning, the number of really bad snipers would be far greater than it is at the moment.

Awfully conceited aren't we? Especially considering that a cookie cutter setup is never best for the class and you might have diverted someone from a path that would have brought them to make a setup for sniper that is comparatively equivalent to what Biggee is to engineer.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:14 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Doman
Level: 6525

The Voomy One wrote:
On a side note, Sniper Re-Router has been changed to give -90% speed instead of -100% which should hopefully solve the negative 2 bil distance bug.
The range bonus has been removed since it wasnt working anyway.

Thanks. And the range bonus was working, just not while sitting still. I think the Sharpshooting Skill was interfering with the tweak. I'd take it in its current form if it comes down to it.

Quote:
I'm the one who originally thought up much of what the class is right now.

Wow. Just, wow.

Quote:
Boasting class capabilities like that is a good way to get your face bashed in witha nerf club.

Agree'd.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am

Cygnus wrote:
mitchell.haigh wrote:

AcidFlames Sniper > You

/endrant

I say what i say, because i've constantly fought some of the best SD's in the game, and managed to come out on top, by being really, really careful. A sniper can use tactics similar to SD's running in on tweak, and if they're LUCKY, they can kill a SD.

Also, dont tell me i dont understand the class :lol:

I'm the one who originally thought up much of what the class is right now. I have multiple people making snipers PM me; trust me, if I let half the people's alts do what they were planning, the number of really bad snipers would be far greater than it is at the moment.

Also, AF's sniper is really good! He's beaten me in pvp before...then again, all i had was my pve gear :P

If i had to judge, i'd say we're about equal, to be honest.

Since everyone is claiming the top spot of being the best sniper, i will claim the bottom and say i am the worst sniper =)

TaekwondoBoy

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:26 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next