Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Tyler_TDA wrote:
Bases are becoming a bit too powerful its not like there that hard to build and its not like pvp wasn't dead enough already

Says the guy who saying by his flag team has eihter not been playing a lot lately, and who no one has bragged attacking for a while...

True an ambro base in itself is not very expensive nor hard to build, but you need time to extract the metal for all those dims. Then if tou want to beef it, dampener+ add 500M to the cost. Then, rare commod extractors, what might currently be building.

Other than that I agree with what DR said. Something to take into account is that a normal guy (I mean with real life stuff that cannot be bypassed, ie work VS some (at leasst in France) classes in university, and a little sleep) with no social life can hardly spend more than 4 hours in game a day.

That means that bases have to fight alone most of the time (different time zones not overlaping, player with no social life AND no duty during the day). I think even a 3times increase in shield bank wont really matter (except to use other aug setups, but we can already hit regen cap on shields as it is I think)

The beef of mags sounds good, but it should not increase the elec usage if the energybank do not get a regen beef, a base with charger and shield does not have much extra elec to spare for weapons.

......... Bases shouldn't be invincible people need to stop being pussies this is a online fighting space game it should be expected you might lose some shit. The only way i think it would be remotely fair for a base to be nearly invincible would be if the colony would die when the last base on the planet does.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:16 am
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Yeah thats super lasers.....and can you say expensive.

What bases need is a beef to all the "standard" gear, weapons need better damage, shields need better banks and regen, energies need better regens.

If you compare the stats of a player to that of a base, granted the base has a huge advantage in the shield/energy departments, but a SINGLE player can beat the shield regen of a base.

The enegy on a base as they are just cant handle the work load of shield/charger AND weapons.

The weapons are another matter all together, even augged with say 2 ambro damage 1 ambro firing an andaman base still cant do enough dps to 1 player and 4 healers.

^^ That isnt helped by the fact that most galaxies are far too spread out, the bases cant heal eachother or cover each other with fire.

As for multiple weapons: That would be a cool idea, but another good idea would be to let bases use their weapons AND their shield trans at the same time instead of them stupidly and randomly deciding which to use. This would boost the survivabilty rate especially considering the new level limits.

Bases do too little damage, dont have enough regen. Simple as.

I'm sorry man but u augged your bases pretty poorly when we scanned them. You had NOTHING to give elec and EVERYTHING to use more of it.... (sept ranges lol but still) There are base combos that are energy efficent and still deadly, but ALL bases need to be beefed

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:16 am

Enji wrote:
Tyler_TDA wrote:
Bases are becoming a bit too powerful its not like there that hard to build and its not like pvp wasn't dead enough already

Says the guy who saying by his flag team has eihter not been playing a lot lately, and who no one has bragged attacking for a while...

True an ambro base in itself is not very expensive nor hard to build, but you need time to extract the metal for all those dims. Then if tou want to beef it, dampener+ add 500M to the cost. Then, rare commod extractors, what might currently be building.

Other than that I agree with what DR said. Something to take into account is that a normal guy (I mean with real life stuff that cannot be bypassed, ie work VS some (at leasst in France) classes in university, and a little sleep) with no social life can hardly spend more than 4 hours in game a day.

That means that bases have to fight alone most of the time (different time zones not overlaping, player with no social life AND no duty during the day). I think even a 3times increase in shield bank wont really matter (except to use other aug setups, but we can already hit regen cap on shields as it is I think)

The beef of mags sounds good, but it should not increase the elec usage if the energybank do not get a regen beef, a base with charger and shield does not have much extra elec to spare for weapons.

......... Bases shouldn't be invincible people need to stop being pussies this is a online fighting space game it should be expected you might lose some shit. The only way i think it would be remotely fair for a base to be nearly invincible would be if the colony would die when the last base on the planet does.

The problem with this is you can invest a lot more time and $ into bases then a ship. And if it can get killed so easily, and the attackers only loose a few hundred mil in GG while u loose all of your time and $, it's bad.

The problem is, there isn't enough risk in terms of killing bases. If that was addressed, then bases would not need to be beefed as much. Or the other way around, if bases are beefed, then people can still kill stuff, but just make it more chalanging and worth it to put time/effort into bases.

I love building bases because it's fun. Making them bigger and stronger. Hell, i've spent in the last 2 unis about 40bil on bases because I enjoy it. (although that gives me a pretty close to unkillable gal) i'd still hate to just have my stuff easily killed after all that time. And that is the problem a lot of new base buliders have.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:25 am
Main: Bone 'Ed
Level: 1054

Exactly bach, and sol 2 wasnt my galaxy, so the augging wasnt my business, but to be able to make enough money to make an "unkillable" galaxy like bach's (ive seen that one in action) you need a colony.

A colony = a galaxy
A galaxy = bases
Bases = too weak for the job.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:08 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

I say lasers are fine, its not like a laser should go far, its like a bullet in real life, it go only go a bit until it stops, but mag one the other hand (kinda like missles) can go a very long range.

I really hope that those base generators are cheap though, kinda like the mags and pulses are (they aren't EXTREMELY cheap, just that they are available)
if ya wanna get technical, nothing in space ever stops, once fired thats it, its gonna keep going, so the laser would leave its starting point and continue on till it found something to colide with, since there is no intertia in space :P

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:05 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Golfman560 wrote:
I say lasers are fine, its not like a laser should go far, its like a bullet in real life, it go only go a bit until it stops, but mag one the other hand (kinda like missles) can go a very long range.

I really hope that those base generators are cheap though, kinda like the mags and pulses are (they aren't EXTREMELY cheap, just that they are available)
if ya wanna get technical, nothing in space ever stops, once fired thats it, its gonna keep going, so the laser would leave its starting point and continue on till it found something to colide with, since there is no intertia in space :P

Thats not entirely true... Physical objects would be slowed down tiny bits when passing through fields of 'space dust', as it would provide resistance to the movement... But yeah, for the most part it will keep going until it hits something...

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:22 pm
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

However if things had infinite range im sure some mf would think it funny to max out rof on excoms and lag sol permanently.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:33 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

However if things had infinite range im sure some mf would think it funny to max out rof on excoms and lag sol permanently.

It'd be even funnier when they got banned. Space gnome, have you EVER built bases? And not just some shitty ambro or argonaut, actual, proper bases? Somehow with your very bias opinion I think not. Bases individually shouldn't be able to compete with an attack squad. Think about it, ONE player can make several bases, so each one shouldnt be as strong as a player, rather they should be stronger as a collective. A good idea might be more base generators, ones that affect other bases but not themselves so you could make many of them to cover all bases. Dunno, just a random idea...

Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:27 am
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

A good idea might be more base generators, ones that affect other bases but not themselves so you could make many of them to cover all bases. Dunno, just a random idea...

That would be a good idea.. Currently it is sorta like 7 bases is just as good as the addition of them.. they should be much better.,

Base aura gens that a base can have onyl 1 of would be cool. That would mean that if a galaxy had 8 bases, it could have 8 different generators and therefore be very uber, whereas 2 bases could just have 2.

Also more things like the superlazers would be cool. Currently for "special" base weapons there grem guns and superlazers. If there were more, different bases could be more specialized.

However... I do think 1v1 1 base should beat 1 player.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:53 am

Happy_Tree_Friend wrote:

Also more things like the superlazers would be cool. Currently for "special" base weapons there grem guns and superlazers. If there were more, different bases could be more specialized. .

hehe dont forget.... there are gremming superlasers :D

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:12 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: HellSpreader
Level: 5789

As far as I am concerned its all candy so far in the suggested Base Beef by Admins...

But as far as I am concerned there really is only one change that now needs to be taken.

Healer Agro for PvB. I'm sorry, I am even a healer myself! But I can see the necessity for this, why should a base sit there totally defensive, yet armed to the back teeth?

If I were a gunnery sergent on a base and I saw a healer protecting the fucking MFs GUESS who I would shoot first whilst I still had some shields??? Yes, precicely, I would kill the healers, THEN poon the MFs.

Add Healer Agro, along the same lines as it is for AIs to PvB. This will level out the gap that has been identified and discussed endlessley for the past 3 unis.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:28 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

OK...

As far as I am concerned its all candy so far in the suggested Base Beef by Admins...

But as far as I am concerned there really is only one change that now needs to be taken.

Healer Agro for PvB. I'm sorry, I am even a healer myself! But I can see the necessity for this, why should a base sit there totally defensive, yet armed to the back teeth?

If I were a gunnery sergent on a base and I saw a healer protecting the fucking MFs GUESS who I would shoot first whilst I still had some shields??? Yes, precicely, I would kill the healers, THEN poon the MFs.

Add Healer Agro, along the same lines as it is for AIs to PvB. This will level out the gap that has been identified and discussed endlessley for the past 3 unis.

YES!

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

It wouldnt work as well as for AI (for AI it works great), because the healer can still hide behind level protection.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:21 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

A good healer is usually atleast level 300-350. Many bases will from now on be level 500-600, that should be enough to put them in level range, atleast during war.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:25 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

OK...

Healers do have aggro... but they shouldn't take more aggro than anyone else... If they do, I got the perfect setup for a base tanking Pax...

With giga misd, 3x exc combo, app wand, and an FP9... Tonnes of tanking power, strong resists, insane DPS and thus likely to hold aggro among the healers nonstop... Aggro would just switch between the healer who can tank it no problem, and the MF dealing the DPS(which ends out getting tanked anyways by the healer)...

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next