Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Quote:
Which is when Engineer with energy beam mastery comes into play.

He can add some serious energy regen allowing you to fire those 4 or 5 MDs at max speed nearly indefinitely.

I smell a nerf :roll:

Doubt it.... it was broken when it didn't cost energy to the Engineer. But now that it does; it either forces them to aug that way (reducing what they could potentially have on there.... AND.... using that much elec makes it pretty hard to do anything else.... like say keep redeploying armadas)

Pretty sure it already was 'balanced'

~bach

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:22 pm
Team: Capitalists
Main: Plis Halp
Level: 1799

Post Re: Class Feedback: Engineer and Berserker
Caelestis wrote:
Engineer will have exclusive access to the new Chain Shield Transfers. These healing guns will heal one target and bounce to another damaged friendly target in range, healing half the damage per bounce. Total healing overall will be slightly less than the Shield Monkey specific healing guns.

So you are putting in new Shield Monkey weapons, for Engineers?

I have been begging for new Shield Monkey content and you add it for Engineers :cry:

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:35 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Eternas wrote:
Caelestis wrote:
Engineer will have exclusive access to the new Chain Shield Transfers. These healing guns will heal one target and bounce to another damaged friendly target in range, healing half the damage per bounce. Total healing overall will be slightly less than the Shield Monkey specific healing guns.

So you are putting in new Shield Monkey weapons, for Engineers?

I have been begging for new Shield Monkey content and you add it for Engineers :cry:
I'm guessing that engineers get a Chain Shield Transfer weapon, but, there will be Shield Monkey versions that do a better job. So you will be getting some new content, I guess.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:02 am
Team: Capitalists
Main: Plis Halp
Level: 1799

Caelestis wrote:

Note the exclusive part...

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:43 am
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Meh, don't know then. Unless the Shield Monkey specific guns are gonna be like the engineer ones but differently named and/or work differently.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:08 am
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8315

personally i prefer engineer to be only energy trans only and keep t shield ideas for the monks make that more fun and playable

idea more engineer missions like shmk for more energy bank and regain
then make engineer splash energy trans and monks have splash shield trans too

also factories for shmk's too for shield tweaks would be helpful.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:15 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Splatts
Level: 5144

I like the Ideas but the big thing needed as Engineer/DM is to be able to get some if not all of the Drone Bonus back that DMs had prior to change in Class Skills. Honestly energy bonus isn't enough to make the difference for an engineer to add to teamates, in battle drones need to be scooped and redeployed and if your bank can't get high enough to do that quickly it would seem to me that some skills took an overall loss in their abilities to be truly helpful to teamates. I know that I used to go places alone before with 200 -250 less lvls than I have now that I now have to take a Teamate or ShM to go to. Also my added bonus from Station Mastery is now gone my drones are not nearly as powerful as they once were. I believe that there should be an added bonus for drones if nothing else added to the Engineer/ DM skils. Maybe even an overall look at all the skills to at least allow players to have near the ability they once had even at lower lvls. I have augged to make sure that I have plenty of Shields and Energy but my fighting ability and my ability to protect my teamates has gone far down. If I am to truly "support" my teamates I believe that I should be able to protect them when needed

Understandably alot of the new skill/ class system has to be tweaked to some extent. I think that a serious consideration of the Engineer Skillset would be a great start. I also think it would be good for the Dev Team and Admin staff to get input on all skills from players who face the daily happenings on SS, (Lag, Disconnects, Comparisons of abilities that have changed in their skills, etc...)

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 pm
Main: Llessur
Level: 4171

Recently Power Player ( 'zerker), Me (zerker) and Tech9 tried the first level of uz.
Eventually we all got killed by zebra's

PP the changed to SD hopped into his secondary ship, a Pax astro, and soloed it.

I think that says something about the relative merits of SD and 'zerker in PvE, also SD has it all over zerkers in PvP

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:53 am
Profile YIM
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5137

And that is why Zerkers and Drone Masters need Tacklers, things that can hold someone down and slow em down.

Zerkers need better weapons, DPE and DPS wise.

I used to be Beserker, and i love it.

I just dont love not being able to sustain my fire for a long time, since Tanks are usually the ones who can constantly fire for a nice little while.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:24 am
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Recently Power Player ( 'zerker), Me (zerker) and Tech9 tried the first level of uz.
Eventually we all got killed by zebra's

PP the changed to SD hopped into his secondary ship, a Pax astro, and soloed it.

I think that says something about the relative merits of SD and 'zerker in PvE, also SD has it all over zerkers in PvP

Did you have a Shield Monkey there? Without a shield monkey, SD is going to be better in this instance due to not having to being able to dodge the shots.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:18 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:38 pm
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

isnt tech9 a shmonk?

No idea: he didn't state what class Tech9 is.

Also, what were your aug setups on the Pax? Shield?

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:39 pm
Main: Llessur
Level: 4171

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:11 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 8011

You probably did something wrong. Even as a slavemaster I can clear the first 2 lvls of UZ. Provided there is no lag and slaves don't do anything stupid. You must have done something wrong.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:06 pm
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

SD is incredibly powerfull. maybe too much so, a SD in a light fighter is fast,stealthy,gets a sheild bonus from its skills,damage bonus,speed and agility....somthing doesnt sound just a bit wrong with that? a SD needs a SD to take down unless you aug for insane tracking and damage. @ about 2k range i started firing on Helro and he managed to dodge enough shots that when he got close to my gunner it had no chance at all. it wasnt that he killed it surprisingly fast. id expect that..it was that i could not hope to hit him except at range.

for zerker this is even more so. sniper is more manuverable so maybe they wouldnt have this problem and a seer might be able to sneak up. and to dissapear when they have been found out. but a SD in a lightfighter is hellish..you practicaly need a base or another SD to kill a SD in pvp. looking at the abilitys of SD iv seen Shodamy (hopes he hasnt butcherd the name too badly) in a zebra solo UZ1,UZ2, iv seen him go into both baron and knight wich suggests being able to solo those.. and DM is broken huh? lol...funny situation indeed. any SD in a light fighter and weps 20 can do those things. and i know SDs that do some of that content in simple izers.... all of those are supposed to be team or at least a small group effort. but SDs speed,manuverability and damage allow them to fight these foes solo. perhaps what we need is instead of a nerf for DM. some more rebalencing of ai or rebalencing of the whole lot of skills in one go. imo no person should be able to solo ANY of the minibosses anywhere in UZ. these are some pretty sad facts..DM is looked at now and from what i have seen and tested with the drone ops augs and gear i have i am close but still a ways away from the abilitys of SDs in UZ.

my gear: Pax AstronomicaItem Name Quantity Equiped
Astronomica Charger 1 Yes
Astronomica's Mod 1 Yes
Compressed Energy Dampener+ 1 Yes
Compressed Laser Dampener+ 1 Yes
Compressed Mining Dampener+ 1 Yes
Offensive Ops Prowess Augmenter 2 Yes
Gigantic Ion Justice 1 Yes
Drone Scoop 1 Yes
Revealer 1 Yes
Temporal Flux 2 No
Defensive Ops Mastery Augmenter 1 Yes
Liberty Shield Capacitor VI 1 Yes
Rhino Hide 1 Yes
Gear Glue 20 4 Yes
Ace Pest Control 1 Yes
Holy Ward 1 Yes
De-Puzzeler 1 Yes
Solar Intake 1 Yes
Mini Madness 1 Yes
Mzungu Flying Contrast 1 Yes
Lord's Solar Collector 6 Yes
Power Punch Z 2 No
Insto Shield Tweak 2 1 No
Small Power Punch 1 No
Compressed Physical Dampener+ 1 Yes
Titanium Shielding 4 No
Zebra Armada Crest 3 No
Insto Shield Tweak 1 No
Olduvai Gorge key 2 No
Escape Pod 1 Yes
DWO Drone 3 No
Simple Blocker 1 No
Vapid Attack 1 No
Serengeti Nebula key 2 No
Armada Drone 2 No
Armada Ambush Drone 1 No
Energy Transference Beam V 1 No

uberish looking no? XD

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:27 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next