Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

Post Re: Some more changes to Sniper
Taek you're now the best sniper! :P

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 am

The Voomy One wrote:
On a side note, Sniper Re-Router has been changed to give -90% speed instead of -100% which should hopefully solve the negative 2 bil distance bug.
The range bonus has been removed since it wasnt working anyway.

Sorry didnt seem to fix the problem.

TaekwondoBoy

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 am
Main: yellow
Level: 1946

Taek is uber.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Rand AlThor wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:
On a side note, Sniper Re-Router has been changed to give -90% speed instead of -100% which should hopefully solve the negative 2 bil distance bug.

TaekwondoBoy

I fail to see how you have been able to test that since test server still isnt up with these changes and it has not been patched to live yet.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:05 am

The Voomy One wrote:
Rand AlThor wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

TaekwondoBoy

I fail to see how you have been able to test that since test server still isnt up with these changes and it has not been patched to live yet.

My bad the way you worded it sounded like it was live. I didn't see the statement about it being part of an upcoming patch.

TaekwondoBoy

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:24 am
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

Just wondering, could we have a list with what AIs has sniper skills?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:55 am
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Ugh, conceited or not, it's true; i independently thought up the projectile speed boost back when everyone thought it would be broken, i came up with the physical damage boost, those two things are a large part of the skill as it will be. I also came up with the name for the veneration cylinder! ^.^

I suppose, sometimes inferior people can mistake candor for arrogance. I forgive you.

As for cookie cutter setups, i never tell people specifics, i just tell them what WONT work, which is a lot easier. Example, someone trying to get a range setup with a vulture aug, or trying to go stealth with an alby aug. A lot of it seems fairly self-explanatory, but most people just dont think before they try to make setups.

BTW, who are you, "myhn"?

Oh, taek is pretty good, too. Some other people have come up with some setups that are completely different from mine but are equally good, sometimes even better, but that's pretty rare. I'd say there are maybe 2 snipers in the game that are on the same level as me, taek and AF's snipers are both really good. Of course, even with two snipers working together versus a single SD, we tend to lose quite a bit :P

One major factor is the difference between people who like using physical weapons and those who dont. I like to, thus i augged for less elec regen and more range; other guys like normal weps so they aug for more elec regen. Some of them can even power a stygian fist forever, which i personally think is a massive waste of elec, but that's just me :P

Different strategies, etc.

Dang, i just realized i really like tooting my own horn. Ho, hum. It's good'ta be 'da king!

EDIT: btw, any ETA on test coming up?

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: strawberrymilkshake
Level: 2377

wait.......wtf cygs?
you're a fricking berserker?
these beefs to sniper look pretty sweet, i think ill start building one :D

also, being a pompous ass doesn't make anyone like you <_< even if you are a pretty damn good sniper

though, i dont think its possible to 1 shot a SD without a v2 unless theres some other high dmg wep? or they're using a flipping phantomstream or something >.>

Last edited by infernosabre on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The test machine is currently in hardware failure. Haven't heard from the guys at Kattare for over 24 hours now. Jey is setting up a new test server with Amazon since the old test server seems to have gotten too unreliable.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Sanktuarium
Main: Sideer
Level: 2160

I really like suggested changes but personaly I would add scaling radar bonus to sharpshooting too. It could be like 2.0-2.5% per skill level.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:34 pm
Main: Skurk
Level: 3341

forums say all snipers are zerkers.

old bug.

also this sounds awesome :D

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:35 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Wewt, ima pompous ass. :lol:

Mmh, i just get annoyed when people who dont know what they're talking about throw random opinions around. I've done it enough myself that i recognize it when i see it >.>

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:15 pm
Main: strawberrymilkshake
Level: 2377

Cygnus wrote:
Wewt, ima pompous ass. :lol:

Mmh, i just get annoyed when people who dont know what they're talking about throw random opinions around. I've done it enough myself that i recognize it when i see it >.>

aye, that gets pretty annoying :p

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:50 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Cygnus wrote:
Ugh, conceited or not, it's true; i independently thought up the projectile speed boost back when everyone thought it would be broken, i came up with the physical damage boost, those two things are a large part of the skill as it will be. I also came up with the name for the veneration cylinder! ^.^

I suppose, sometimes inferior people can mistake candor for arrogance. I forgive you.

As for cookie cutter setups, i never tell people specifics, i just tell them what WONT work, which is a lot easier. Example, someone trying to get a range setup with a vulture aug, or trying to go stealth with an alby aug. A lot of it seems fairly self-explanatory, but most people just dont think before they try to make setups.

Oh, taek is pretty good, too. Some other people have come up with some setups that are completely different from mine but are equally good, sometimes even better, but that's pretty rare. I'd say there are maybe 2 snipers in the game that are on the same level as me, taek and AF's snipers are both really good. Of course, even with two snipers working together versus a single SD, we tend to lose quite a bit :P

One major factor is the difference between people who like using physical weapons and those who dont. I like to, thus i augged for less elec regen and more range; other guys like normal weps so they aug for more elec regen. Some of them can even power a stygian fist forever, which i personally think is a massive waste of elec, but that's just me :P

Dang, i just realized i really like tooting my own horn. Ho, hum. It's good'ta be 'da king!

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:02 am
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

Masterful wrote:
Cygnus wrote:

Its ok masterful cygnus is just been an ass because he think he is the only sniper in game, ah how the world hates a smartass, if he keeps moaning and groaning about the class he should be something else...hooray for AF and Masterfuls snipers! :)

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next