Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Class Rebalance Proposal: Gunner
Let's assume we use a missile script that allows you to set your missile firing order. Let's also assume we have six different missile launchers to give different bonuses. That is potentially 12 different hotkeys used up, in addition to the 10 other hotkeys needed for generic stuff.

Jey's Hotkey bar mod isn't public.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:57 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

So you carry 6 overloaders on hotkey for various bonuses, do you? Stop catastrophizing.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:00 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I think church means using a macro to multiply your dps.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:31 pm

I carried one and exactly one because I didn't want to deal with stupid amounts of hotkeys. All I needed was an OS6, anyways. This Gunner change essentially tells you need 6-12 different overloaders in addition to you ACTUAL overloaders and all other things hotkey'd. How would you feel as a SD to be required to have 20 different overloaders otherwise you'll be 75% the strength of other endgame AWC's?

@Blizzara
Yes, for missiles I expect there to be some sort of in game legal (ie, admin made) macro so you don't have to spam missile hotkey anymore. I don't care if missile damage gets buffed or not, if missiles do damage anywhere near what a sniper puts out, the amount of shots a sniper uses to clear a DG is the same number of hotkey pressing you need to do as Gunner.

But as for the overloader thing, I really doubt anyone use 6-12 different overloaders for small differences in damage, range, and rate of fire. I would be surprised if anyone used more than three. One for damage, one for range, and one for rate of fire.

Now what Blue Dwarf suggests is that current Gunners replace their stacked missile launchers, all 5 or 6, for 5 or 6 separate launchers that function as overloaders for missiles, alongside your actual overloaders and all your other hotkey'd junk.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm
Main: Blitzkrieg
Level: 4556

Can you allow hot keys to be held down to fire?like hot keys 1-5 . Constantly pressing the same key is stranding. It will also be good for DM and FC. Much love Devs

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:39 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

laz45 wrote:
Can you allow hot keys to be held down to fire?like hot keys 1-5 . Constantly pressing the same key is stranding. It will also be good for DM and FC. Much love Devs

Now that's not a bad idea.

Support

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:06 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

If you can hold down a hotkey to fire, someone could potentially lock Adv Blocker on a client while doing something else. Of course, it would run through them a lot faster than otherwise.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

anilv wrote:
If you can hold down a hotkey to fire, someone could potentially lock Adv Blocker on a client while doing something else. Of course, it would run through them a lot faster than otherwise.

Tweaks don't have a cooldown, so if we assume that the ROF cap would be applied to hotkeys that's still 10 blockers/second. If anyone still wants to do this... let them.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Or we could just make it work only for missiles.

Or not allow hotkey locking.

Support

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:19 pm
Main: Shadow Wolf
Level: 3550

Are there any plans for how missiles are made? Or how much they cost?

Will they still be from a factory? Or instead could they be from some sort of generator (maybe even requires "fuel", nukes, or something).

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:29 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4893

An addition i would like to see is a breadcrumb type mission thats in lyceum that send you to hyperion, if hyperion is to be kept as the source of missile factories.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 am

urzaserra256 wrote:
An addition i would like to see is a breadcrumb type mission thats in lyceum that send you to hyperion, if hyperion is to be kept as the source of missile factories.

We need more breadcrumb missions for everything. Been playing SS with a f2p account to see what things need to be improved for the lower levels, and boy...it's too much.

@Hyperion
I think a new AI base or an entirely new galaxy will be needed. The current bases are a bit crowded as it is.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:02 am