Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Team: Montaque
Main: Geoman11
Level: 2702

Smiley I agree, in relation to setting up a DM, having a good a shield bank and a good energy bank with excellent regen on both, say 2 x Pte or 2 x Adv Sup Defensive Augs, and an Adv Sup invig aug. I had a similar set up to this prior to the realisation that drones without drone augs were weak and I couldn't break the regen of a pick, so a stale mate occurred. If the Drones themself were capable of inflicting damage over a period of time, ie at least break regen, i think with your suggestion about DM overloaders and the ability to fit to a Pax Astro, this would be a good compromise and level the DM ranks.

The only addition I would like to make to this is: Similar to perminant Titans that they are not tractorable by adverseries. I have and I am in no doubt that others have lost drones to AI who lock onto a drone with a tractor making it unscoopable only to watch with a look of dispair from my pod as I counted the billions incost go up in smoke due to not being able to scoop them. In essience a DM isn't worth anything without their drones.

Alternatively, make drones scoopable regardless if a tractor has a lock on them or not, so if a DM is looking down the barrel of being podded at least he / she can save their valuable cargo and take their chances on Crazy Glue the same as any other player, protecting their valuable weapons.

Last edited by Geoman1 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:59 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

No I disagree. The vast majority of DMers need to employ far more tactics than this to destroy content that brings them any value at all.

If I tried to sit back and allow my drones to do all the work then I would mainly have died several times per engagement and/or loose all my drones.

Very often using a tractor beam to drag an ai away from the drones so that they continue fighting the low health AI, then tractoring that AI over the drones is being very active and using prescious energy needed to redeploy.

Very often using envelopments etc to safeguard your drones from the main frontal attacks of Lions / Panthers etc means the difference between loosing all your drones or none/few of them.

Deploying your drones in a pattern that provides maximum DPS against a fast moving target and then using tractors to ensure the AI takes that trajectory.

Using combinations of various drones to provide damage against different AI during the same engagement.

So there really is a lot more to DMing than you think even if it is using a tractor in order to accomplish difficult content for your level.

I think that if you can make the OL effected by AT it would be a perfect solution so that the augs other stats can still bear benefits to the DMers setup.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: Neuraxis
Level: 6309

Quick fix .... half the ops bonus on all the augs or maybe even cut them to a third .... and see how it goes.

They cut the DM exps to a 3rd of their bonus ... and that worked fine.

Happy days.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

Also, its possible I believe to make the drone overloader in such a way as to make Aug tweak affect it.

I really like this idea! This would be perfect solution. If really possible in future that is! :D Would love see more comments for this one! Ofcourse there would be bunch of these OLs with different stats available? Right .. ? :wink:

Tarik wrote:
Using combinations of various drones to provide damage against different AI during the same engagement.

So there really is a lot more to DMing than you think even if it is using a tractor in order to accomplish difficult content for your level.

I think that if you can make the OL effected by AT it would be a perfect solution so that the augs other stats can still bear benefits to the DMers setup.

I agree 100%, Couldn't say this better myself! :!:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:23 am
Team: needs better name
Main: sw03391
Level: 2067

Drones can be broken when the Op augs are stacked, i have seen DWo's go over 1k range with insane rof, now Sd and snipers are unable to do so, it's either the range, the dmg, the rof or a balance. As for zerkers they simply have a limited use and like engineer's once the energy is gone there a sitting duck.

A comment on Smiley's idea would be to have a aura gen that affects drones only, instead of having a OL. This would stop people from stacking the Ops and if a team of DM's get together they don't have to rely on having a OL each, they can instead have a different type of aura gen each thus making the drones alot cooler then they would be when the DM is solo.

As for DM augs, as far as i'm aware their only use is for the drone ops. I'd suggest making the augs obslete and trading them in for token's. From what i have seen and expierenced Engi mastery's work perfectly fine for a DM, only prob is they didn't boost drones

Last edited by sw033 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:19 pm

And your suggestion sucks ass! :P

The OL idea is best. reduce dont kill drone opps on the augs.

That is all :lol:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Drone ops are far too broken when stacked, joe you are inactive and have not seen their effect recently, and OL is kinda limiting for a DM as most use a pax, which what do you know has a inbuilt OL so that kinda doesn't work.

And the comment about nerfing armada drones themself, personally not such a great idea. A DM puts 5bil+ worth of drones on the line everytime he lays them, they should do more then competetive DPS etc to players otherwise it simply wouldn't be worth it. Although as it has been said before drones do need some kind of safety mechanism whethers they change into broken drones or they go into stasis or something, but something does need to change.

oh and joe get on msn

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

The Smiley One wrote:
I personally liked this sort of fighting much better. Much more action packed. As I see DM's now (correct me if im wrong) they deploy their drones, sit back and wait, possibly scoop 1 drone if its dieng, possibly tractor a few of the AI. I dont see em being that active.

All the DM of today needs is a large enough energy bank to deploy 5 armadas once, and a large enough shield bank to survive until the AI's are dead. (again, correct me if im wrong)

How can you say that after watching my Alt Aja run around like a madman trying to stay away from the AI doing damage while watching my drones scooping and redeploying tractoring different AI into the range of my drones while popping tweaks like they are going out of style. It is as action packed as I need it to be. Unless i am in a low DF DG or in warp 1 i dont have time to drop drones and sit still and wait till my drones are done.

No offence, but he can say that becuase frankly, your alt aja doesn't have the augs/ship/gear we're talking about for really high lvl DMing.

~bach

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:33 pm
Team: Drone Eagles
Main: Galan Starspinner
Level: 3775

JEB wrote:
The Smiley One wrote:
I personally liked this sort of fighting much better. Much more action packed. As I see DM's now (correct me if im wrong) they deploy their drones, sit back and wait, possibly scoop 1 drone if its dieng, possibly tractor a few of the AI. I dont see em being that active.

All the DM of today needs is a large enough energy bank to deploy 5 armadas once, and a large enough shield bank to survive until the AI's are dead. (again, correct me if im wrong)

How can you say that after watching my Alt Aja run around like a madman trying to stay away from the AI doing damage while watching my drones scooping and redeploying tractoring different AI into the range of my drones while popping tweaks like they are going out of style. It is as action packed as I need it to be. Unless i am in a low DF DG or in warp 1 i dont have time to drop drones and sit still and wait till my drones are done.

No offence, but he can say that becuase frankly, your alt aja doesn't have the augs/ship/gear we're talking about for really high lvl DMing.

~bach

Pax
DM Augs
skills
gear (including armada charge drone)
Have all except enough armada drones. No offence taken. :P

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:06 am

OK Smiley because you watched me in a DF 190 DG getting my ass handed to me you know and commented on the lack of damage my drones actually do.

Character - Aja Level 805
Ship - Pax Astro
Gear:
Astronomica Charger 1 Yes
Astronomica's Mod 1 Yes
Fission Thrust 1 Yes
Revealer 1 Yes
Give and Take 1 Yes
Shield Transference III 1 Yes
Shield Salvation 37 No
Trader's Expander 1 Yes
Shield Soother 2 No
Drone Scoop 1 Yes
Poseidon+ Augmenter 1 Yes
General Ops Prowess Augmenter 1 Yes
Adv. Sup. Invigorating Augmenter 1 Yes

Gear Glue 20 2 Yes
Lord's Solar Collector 1 Yes
Irish Potato Candy 4 No
Advanced Blocker 1 No
Constable Tractor 1 Yes
Mini Madness 1 Yes
Warmy Warmth 7 No
Mzungu Thunder 1 Yes
DWO Drone 6 No
Lipo Drone 6 No

Oilheart's Better Afterburner 26 No
Oversized Liberty Shield Capacitor 1 Yes
Hairsprayer 1 Yes
Sandy Solarite 12 Yes
Santa's Blue Trick 2 No
Satanic Rebirth 2 No
Warmer Warmth 1 No
Insto Shield Tweak 2 3 No
Rasputin Escape Pod 1 Yes

Working on Astral Injection skill and Drone Research (Saving exp)

Shields Around 29k
Energy around 69k
Decent regen on both. Couldnt afford PtE (due to colony nerf) so went with pos+

pos+, general ops prowess, and adv sup invig.... i'm sorry but those dont quite qualify imo for higher lvl dming. At least not in the sense of saying "hey I cant solo DF 200, but X class can solo 250"

I dont think your at the peak/high point of a DM to represent the brokeness we're currently talkin about.

But hey... what do I know dming for 2 years, bein the second DM to activly use armada drones... and help figure out rhino and pax+ setups...

Again, no offence intended, just pointing out a few things.

~bach

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:49 am

haha I will get on MSN tomorrow. Admins said they would make this line of OLs equippable to Pax's...

I know they are bad when stacked so that is why I suggested lowering the drone opps on the augs not removing them alltogether and then limiting each ship to one of each drone opp type of aug.

Moo

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:48 am

Yeh but why use an overloader to benefit just a single DM when a DM can use a aura that will also benefit a friend, for example one use an offensive gen and one use a defensive gen, this way the drones have both bonuses and aren't entirely all that broken depends on the stats of the gen.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:06 am

Yeh but why use an overloader to benefit just a single DM when a DM can use a aura that will also benefit a friend, for example one use an offensive gen and one use a defensive gen, this way the drones have both bonuses and aren't entirely all that broken depends on the stats of the gen.

but who's say aura gens aren't already comming in for classes... like ones that increased a drone's resists ect.... if you put the drone ops in there... you take away that potential in the future. Where as if u put it in an OL... it's much mroe likely to be used and benificial.

~bach

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:46 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

sw033 wrote:

but who's say aura gens aren't already comming in for classes... like ones that increased a drone's resists ect.... if you put the drone ops in there... you take away that potential in the future. Where as if u put it in an OL... it's much mroe likely to be used and benificial.

~bach

if i remember rightly jeff had said somthing about aura generators once and i havnt heard about anything concerning them since. but i do belive that overloaders is the best way to go. if they can be equiped on paxes and are effected in some way by AT. ( since i think making them equaly as powerfull as the augmenters with full AT is broken on lower lvl charicters who couldnt train that far. and them being weaker then the full skill for high dms who have trained thus far is just retarded, it also gives more emphasis in AT and gives them a much more powerfull role.)

if we did what neuraxis has suggested and half or even third the power of the drone ops augmenters and in the same patch add the overloaders. (wont presume to give stats...but close to the full of the current stats might work out)

perhaps you could add a special slot on pax's that is for these drone ops overloaders exclusively? and code it so that they are also considerd standard overloaders..might let you equip them on a pax, and also on ships without built-in overloaders.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:41 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

well, let me define broken...talking about Neuraxis

Neuraxis:

Soloed Prince <4mins (with a healer) still solo dps
Soloes all of the Lion lvls including the LION mini boss, that Takes a farly big group to kill it....i also find the lion mini boss harder than the lion , DMs are usesless lion lvl b/c of the fact they sun moves or he would solo that... and if ANY of u dms wanna say that not broken you are a laugh , if anoyne disagrees with this you are a i dont even have a word for u people

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next