Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

looking at the abilitys of SD iv seen Shodamy (hopes he hasnt butcherd the name too badly) in a zebra solo UZ1,UZ2, iv seen him go into both baron and knight wich suggests being able to solo those..

I have seen people on Pants solo the earlier parts of UZ and the mini-bosses with every class except Shield Monkey, Fleet Commander. Zerker alone can have issues depending on the setup, but can get much deeper in with a Monkey or Engineer.

Speed Demon isn't really overpowered except with a Magcannon due the high RoF and capability of engaging a target from out of their range. If the Venu/Merc Mags had worse DPE and the TT+ was balanced out, the Speed Demon class would be mostly balanced for PvP and PvE:

Quote:
While speed Demon is not overpowered in terms of damage, their high critical hit ratio can cause major issues, especially in PvP and especially if a weapon such as a Mercurian Magcannon is used: the high Rate of Fire and long Range of the weapon allows the player to use their speed to stay at a safe distance while using the weapon in combat. While this would normally be OK, the critical hit ratio added in causes said target of the Speed Demon to become unable to thrust as they are left to simply die without much chance of counter-action unless they were lucky enough to bring a ton of envelopments.

A better scenario would be one of the following options:

1) Give a cooldown time during which a critical may not work. So while a Speed Demon may critical while at high speed, they wouldn't be able to cause another critical for X seconds.

2) Set the Critical Hit Chance increase to +1% per level, and also severely cripple the time for which the effect on the target lasts. So if an Energy weapon's critical were to result in 2 seconds of time during which the target cannot thrust, with Speed Demon it may only last for .2-.4 seconds. So while the Speed Demon may be able to critical, he/she can only cause intermittent issues in the target's ability to pilot properly.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

SD needs the crit % removed IMO, then its more fair pvp wise

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

i agree....a SD with a mag grems the fuck outa you just because of all the damn engine crits...its like a more mild version of a reaver laser in that respect...hellova lot of crits for their rof.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:49 pm
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

Or (and this would be preferable) make a line of DG diffusers that reduce %. Seriously - being critted by AI is ok, but some of the time (tanking a large amount) it gets silly.

e.g.

Oilharts fluid mercanian sheeth. T10 -5% crit chance, elec 45, size 15. Des: "Making your hull flow a little smoother".

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:58 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Just 1/2 all crit chances in PvP.

Or (and this would be preferable) make a line of DG diffusers that reduce %. Seriously - being critted by AI is ok, but some of the time (tanking a large amount) it gets silly.

e.g.

Oilharts fluid mercanian sheeth. T10 -5% crit chance, elec 45, size 15. Des: "Making your hull flow a little smoother".

Criticals work fine with other classes, but SD gets a boost to critical rate which, when combined with the high RoF of the magcannon and high rate of hitting due to tracking and rate, turns into an overpowered onslaught. With something such as the Merc Dis on a Speed Demon or a Magcannon on a Gunner the critical system works properly.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:14 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

Arent SD's suppose to be dps. just give them -hate auras when in a squad with a berserker. The zerkers do more dps 90% of the time. And Voomy, i dont see SD or Snipers in either perspective. I see SD as a constant, high DPS fast firing ship and a Zerker as a tank, doing a ton of burst DPS. putting out TONS of damage and hate in pve/pvp environments, in about 1minute bursts.

Yes I highly suggest the Zerker only weapons etc. from missions. Maybe excomm sorts of things like multiple surgical/heat/energy bullets.

Just a thought.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:28 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 8011

A fleet commander has soloed the first lvls of the and mini bosses (they weren't all spawned though). If it's a full spawn then no chance in hell cause of this very cool new aggro code we have.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Yes I highly suggest the Zerker only weapons etc. from missions. Maybe excomm sorts of things like multiple surgical/heat/energy bullets.
I like the sound of that. Tracking weps are certainly useful for zerkers, as we are mostly pretty slow and heavy. Excom-similar weapons would go very nicely, I think.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 am
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

I am a Berserker. DPS wise i think we are on par with most classes, occasionally a high end sniper or SD will come along that does more dps in a normal ship than I do. Its kinda sad that zerkers are just on par dps wise, since they are supposto put out high dps and tank but be slow and heavy. I have 2 problems with zerker atm. First, as mentioned before, We cant tank as well as we are supposto, a shield regen bonus added into one of the sub skills would fix that. The second problem i have isnt so much with the class as it is an item. The zerker converters (trade shields and energy for speed) are far too heavy. We gain some speed, but we lose energy bank, shield bank, resists, and on top of that, they are heavy as hell....as if zerkers needed to be less nimble.... i would suggest that all the weights on the speed converters be cut by 75%...yes, that would leave that at 25% of their current weight, but they are already useless in combat due to the shield bank and resist nerfs, and the energy bank doesnt help matters...making them insanely heavy just adds insult to injury when you use them.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 pm

I am a Berserker. DPS wise i think we are on par with most classes, occasionally a high end sniper or SD will come along that does more dps in a normal ship than I do. Its kinda sad that zerkers are just on par dps wise, since they are supposto put out high dps and tank but be slow and heavy. I have 2 problems with zerker atm. First, as mentioned before, We cant tank as well as we are supposto, a shield regen bonus added into one of the sub skills would fix that. The second problem i have isnt so much with the class as it is an item. The zerker converters (trade shields and energy for speed) are far too heavy. We gain some speed, but we lose energy bank, shield bank, resists, and on top of that, they are heavy as hell....as if zerkers needed to be less nimble.... i would suggest that all the weights on the speed converters be cut by 75%...yes, that would leave that at 25% of their current weight, but they are already useless in combat due to the shield bank and resist nerfs, and the energy bank doesnt help matters...making them insanely heavy just adds insult to injury when you use them.

zerker cant be everything but fast, that would make them like the old sniper, which was -one- of the main reasons the skill system was re-done

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Kyrle wrote:

zerker cant be everything but fast, that would make them like the old sniper, which was -one- of the main reasons the skill system was re-done

Sniper was also much more efficient dpe and eps wise than zerker will ever be dont forget.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 am

BAM5992 wrote:
Kyrle wrote:

Sniper was also much more efficient dpe and eps wise than zerker will ever be dont forget.

whats dpe when you get +ressits, +weps, and more stuff......

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 am
Profile WWW

A hell of a lot, if you cant fire your weps well, your going to die.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:17 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

A hell of a lot, if you cant fire your weps well, your going to die.

exactly.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:56 pm
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

Kyrle wrote:

Lol you've misunderstood. I didn't say that speed was its only problem, in fact, I even said they were supposto be heavy as well. Even then i didnt say those were the only problems. Another problem is hull, it isn't as big of a problem with zerker as it was with MF, but we still have to have 150% more hull dedicated to weaps (per type) than almost any other class. We also have to power 5 weaps, where most only have 1.

I really didn't think i would need to elaborate on these two points that I thought would be plainly obvious. Guess i was wrong. Hopefully this helps you understand my points better.

Btw, Before anyone trys to correct me, almost everything I have mentioned is assuming the player in question has maxed all his subskills.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next