Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

well, let me define broken...talking about Neuraxis

Neuraxis:

Soloed Prince <4mins (with a healer) still solo dps
Soloes all of the Lion lvls including the LION mini boss, that Takes a farly big group to kill it....i also find the lion mini boss harder than the lion , DMs are usesless lion lvl b/c of the fact they sun moves or he would solo that... and if ANY of u dms wanna say that not broken you are a laugh , if anoyne disagrees with this you are a i dont even have a word for u people

allready had 30+ people define its brokenness. and we allready know what has to happen. pretty much waiting now to see what administrators do with the suggestions given atm. if anyone was arguing or disagreeing with the brokenness they didnt realize the full extent of it.

stacking augs is the larger part of what makes them broken. the augs need a stat nerf and such. but unlike before with the old ones... the new augs realy dont give too much for stats that are realy required. like energy,regen sheild regen ect.. so the nerf has to take into account that the augs no longer give energy+110% energy recharge+25% hull space+25%. these were nessisary back then for a realy great setup. the ops wasnt a huge bonus..but the augs were great for the skill. the hull isnt so much of a biggee anymore, but the energy,recharge and sheild recharge could come in handy for DMs and the augs will still need a fair percentage of their current stats. a third or so would do fine for stats. one big change has to be the rarity of the augs. you can get 10 or so mastery augs in a day and not encounter a sup drone token or adv drone aug token.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:36 am
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

Please give us small hint about what is going to really happen. Cut some wings from the rumours! Feed the knowledge hungry Engineers. And above all remember: To err is human; to debug, divine. 8)

Information is power! Let us have it. (Ofcourse not too much for us not to be broken). Information is money! (Don't give it too much for us not to be broken again). Please just fix us, nerf and be done with it, so we can continue playing. Show us the light, for we walk in the dark.

Dying to know outcome of this all. And it seems, i am not alone ...
Yeah .. you guessed it.. my 1st t20 waiting to be augged ... And no idea what to do atm ... Have you guys tried solitaire? :D

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:57 am

Beloved admins,

Please give us small hint about what is going to really happen. Cut some wings from the rumours! Feed the knowledge hungry Engineers. And above all remember: To err is human; to debug, divine. 8) LOL love it! [/quote]

Information is power! Let us have it. (Ofcourse not too much for us not to be broken). Information is money! (Don't give it too much for us not to be broken again). Please just fix us, nerf and be done with it, so we can continue playing. Show us the light, for we walk in the dark. regaurdless of the information given people will break it if its breakable...if they balence it properly it wont happen.

Dying to know outcome of this all. And it seems, i am not alone ...
Yeah .. you guessed it.. my 1st t20 waiting to be augged ... And no idea what to do atm ... Have you guys tried solitaire? :D not tryed solitare but iv not realy goten into card games since Go Fish when i was 5 :P [/quote]

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:53 pm
Team: Neutronic Radiance
Main: Xorion
Level: 2202

After reading all the posts here, and then testing it myself, I have come to conclusion that the Ops augs are broken, or at the very least need to be limited to one per ship. I tested mine on a Pax Celestica setup like this:

MisD shield, FotG energy, Two offensive appitude Ops augs, and One Gen. appitude Ops Aug. With AT22.

I was able to kill Speedy Gonzales in about 23 seconds with 10 mining drones, which have a range of about 1.1k and a RoF that is just insane. :shock:

I was able to clear Rumble in exactly 13 seconds with Mining drones.

I was able to kill groups of up to 4 BG's with two Ghostly magics, 1 pyromania, two zombie toasters, and a Pax defender.

There are more examples I could list, but you get the idea.

Don't really have any sugestions that haven't already be verbalized.. just adding my two cents.. :D

-Xorion

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:36 am
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

So it sounds to me... the general belief is that we can start with limiting one drone ops per ship.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

We have no plans to limit the number of a certain augmenter that can be equipped per ship. If an augmenter is so powerful that it would need such a limitation to prevent imbalance in the game, then chances are the augmenter will just be nerfed or have stats reallocated instead.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:39 am
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Well really, the augmenters really act more like an overloader for drones, so it would tend to make sense, to limit ones ship to one type of "overloader" either that, or just change the opps augs to an OL.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Main: Bone 'Ed
Level: 1054

I havent used any of the drone opps augs, mainly due to lack of money/finding them, but if they need a nerf than so be it.
But still I feel that something needs to be done to address the problem with cost/"loseability" of drones. Atm drones cost way to much and can be lost too easily, I like the idea of destroyed drone "shells" with a set cost to reapir them that is proportional to the cost of the drones, set by admins NOT by greedy players :roll:

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:24 am

I havent used any of the drone opps augs, mainly due to lack of money/finding them, but if they need a nerf than so be it.
But still I feel that something needs to be done to address the problem with cost/"loseability" of drones. Atm drones cost way to much and can be lost too easily, I like the idea of destroyed drone "shells" with a set cost to reapir them that is proportional to the cost of the drones, set by admins NOT by greedy players :roll:

yes we do need broken drones. maybe they will eventualy adress this.

as for the ops augs..i say remove em from game and toss the ops stuff onto overloaders..its a hellova lot easyer that way. and you can even add bps for "combination overloaders" IE combining say an offensive and a defensive or a general ops or that whatsits energy ops one for some combined but lower bonuses. atm from what i have seen balencing DM is a logistical nightmare..there are multiple drones in question,many types and the weps on them are balenced in relation to the ai (because i think the ai and the drones still use the same weps when it comes to armadas XD) removing ops augs in game and allowing us to trade them in for these overloaders and hopefully decent stats on the overloaders.. this aught to make it much easyer as there wont be stacking of the damned things.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 pm
Team: Traders
Main: KorGgenT
Level: 2525

Ooh, i have an idea, you can make overloaders that give like 40% general ops (compared to 20% on the aug) and the OL requires aug tweaking 23 or so, and make a regular one that just requires DM20, thats 20%.

It's all a scam! omg!!!!

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

I love the idea of the OLs, my DM alt has 2 augs equipped, 1 offensive 1 defensive on his parsley, along with a good combi, and I do not wish to lose the money I paid (2 bil for one, 500 mil for the other).

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:59 pm
Team: Neutronic Radiance
Main: Xorion
Level: 2202

I too would be in favor of simply removing the ops augs alltogether and replacing them with one standard overloader with basic stats, available at the Engenieer Workshop in Lyceum, and various others available in DG drops with progressively higher stats.

Over all, an item that enhances drones that can be equiped like an overloader just makes more sense to me than augs anyway...

-Xorion

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:28 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:12 am

pax couldnt equip the OL tho :(

smiley one said
The Smiley One wrote:
What if drone ops were removed from augs alltogether, and instead put into an item like the equipable overloaders? (But perhaps one that could also be equipped on a pax)
he would like to find a way to equip them on paxes too if they were used. i think OLs are far more flexable and would allow us to change mods on our drones with each deploy. an overloader at the engineer shop to give the old bonus so that DM doesnt do and i quote smiley again "poorly without them" then at least DMs have the ability to do some more content and could DG for the prised DG OLs that would realy make the diffrence. an Offensive Ops Overloader, a General Ops Overloader,Defensive Ops Overloader, and finnaly the Everlasting Ops (one mentioned earlyer, its not been implemented yet but the aug was supposed to modify energy,elec and firing.)
SAL wrote:
Offensive ops currently affect Damage, Range and Tracking
Defensive ops currently affect Shield, Recovery and Radar
Everlasting ops affect Energy, Elec and Firing

Of course, all of this may be subject to changes.

i realy love the idea of the overloaders. i feel they are a step in the right direction. though i think compensating for the Drone ops augs when they are removed would definately make the playerbase happyer. 4-5bil per sup drone aug token, 1-2bil per drone prowess aug token and 500mil for a drone aug token...and yes these are way earlyer PCs. price tends to be high when they are new and settle down later to a median. make the ops augs that are out there like the old exp augs and let us trade em in for tokens and then for the overloaders if they are indeed added.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:16 am
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

How come they have to be OLs? Couldn't it just be an item you equip? Then there wouldn't be any extra coding put in to be able to equip it on a pax.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:51 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next