Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

How come they have to be OLs? Couldn't it just be an item you equip? Then there wouldn't be any extra coding put in to be able to equip it on a pax.

*eyes aug stacking bug way back when then imagines DM with 100k range / 1,000,000 DPS*. Just remember to make them non-diffuser / AB type items, ok?

But yes, its fairly broken atm. I was DGing (250ish) with team mates, level 1.2k, holding my own (ish) then the DM layed an armada something / x3 other armadas. Cue fire storm and 8 MF reavers disappeared. He even got loads of extra XP as his drones were also healing me at the same time as WTFPWNing the entire DG. :shock:

Btw, and no-one has mentioned this: has anyone tested if the Augs effect the multipliers on astrally injected augs? Drop an ares / exec damage / exec range on an armada, add stacked Aug Ops and I'm pretty sure you could wipe out entire systems. If they double stack (e.g. on ship, then stacked effect effecting the injected aug), then I don't think people have actually fully tested the brokenness of the system - the DM I was in certainly wasn't bothering to aug his armadas.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:19 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

well i guess its a good thing im looking to change my focus anyway, i was starting to MAKE money as a DM with my lone defensive ops aptitude aug as opposed to losing 1bil+ every other time i do a DG. IMO as hard to come by as the tokens are they should be alittle broken. There not broken by themselves so dont nerf the stats of the augs, either make them into OL (nice idea btw) or make them so that you can only equip one, if you nerf them ppl will still equip multiples it will just screw over the ppl who only have 1 aug equipped.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

this needs to be fixed....i love how Dms solo bana in under 5mins, or Takes Neuraxis -Him and LN, do it by themselfs, along with everyother uber...not that i dont care if they camp them, i do that, but more than 2 people...

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:34 pm
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Yea, the only problem is. Most players buy their weapon, and get to keep it for a very long time. DMs lose their "weapons" every outing. Just keep that in mind.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

Yea, the only problem is. Most players buy their weapon, and get to keep it for a very long time. DMs lose their "weapons" every outing. Just keep that in mind.

You've never DG'd with me I take it >.<

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 pm
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Emrys wrote:

You've never DG'd with me I take it >.<

Actually I believe I have.... o.0.... welcome back btw:D

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Zephyr
Main: murder-1
Level: 4095

lookie, yet another nerf to DM....thats why i dont have a single DM anymore. ask anyone in game that knows me..i loved DM so much 90% of my chars were DM. all is needed is for ships to not stack the same type of drone ops augs. other than that ,my only comment is to remind admins this is the second most expensive class in game BTW..the first being Fleetcom.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:11 am

I'd say Seer is one of the most expensive classes too, good luck getting a DS/Panther, MD and the other countless shit we need.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:29 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

and then once you have it, how much does it cost you to run that setup? a single gg 20 when u die?

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:38 am

The difference is, i also die a lot more, because I cant solo 1/4 of the stuff DM can.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:39 am

The difference is, i also die a lot more, because I cant solo 1/4 of the stuff DM can.

thats just due to a poor choice of opponents.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:43 am

Thats complete bull. I've built my ship specifically to kill some of the toughest ai ingame. A DM costing 1/4 as much as me can kill 4x as much.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:47 am

i understand that they can kill more, but i just mean that if you are dying 4x as much, either you dont have enough shields in your setup, or you are trying to kill things too hard for you. The other option is that you are careless in your approach, which i doubt is the problem. But yeh, when a dm dies, especially one that is killing the same type of stuff as you, they lose about a bil per drone left out, whereas you die 4 times and lose 400mil total.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:51 am
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

Beloved admins,

Please give us small hint about what is going to really happen. Cut some wings from the rumours! Feed the knowledge hungry Engineers. And above all remember: To err is human; to debug, divine. 8)

Again - Beloved admins,

Been 3 weeks since I wrote mail above (~4 weeks since the announcement). Would you guys & gals be so nice that you could give us even a hint about what is going to happen? Any chance at all?

Thank you in advance!

Rgds,

-Thaj

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 am
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6861

from my experiance armada drones cannot be augged so we cant break em that way anymore CC. we used to be able to aug them and it was indeed a problem. but that was with the old skills before the new skills came out.also augging drones can only be done to a maximum of tech 10 augs as astral injection only goes to 10.

i think making an equipable item thats non-stackable would be the easy way to go. i cant belive i didnt think about that XD.

as long as the nerf is proportionate to the crime. i think UZ needs a sizable beef as most classes can find a setup to solo the first lvls with and sometimes the minibosses.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:11 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next