Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

Post Re: Some more changes to Sniper
I spot an early nerf after the new changes goes live though :(

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:44 am

Wait wait wait wait! AoD on sniper?

The Voomy One wrote:

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:20 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: KILL EM ALL 2
Level: 3526

i think its funny all the people thinking they were the first of the new snipers, myth was the first tbh that actualy put money into to so you all can shhh. even tho he quit abit ago and gave tallon the account i think. he was still basicly the first and best at his time befor the absentis. end of the ego rants.

I thought sniper was fine and didnt need a beef befor especialy in pvai. and i know all you are gona say o but what about pvp. lets be real how many of you actualy pvp apart from colo -.- maybe pc, progress, tallonban allience (lulz) n lc. and even then its not alot at best untill bvb rules are in. n i really dont like test so im gona wait till live.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:11 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Same here, I never said sniper needed much of a beef. At least not after the Absentis with its tweak got put in and Primal/Emp Gear became something everyone had access to. The only "beef" I think Sniper should get, is a bit of electrical tempering, and some radar bonus, the damage is already insane.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:15 am
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

The Lost One wrote:
This is my Lion, auged with CaL CaL AoD on test, as Sniper with a Mad Thorax, and Swifty + Maul. Analysis at 65%. Shield Monkey was dead in 3 seconds, and he has 300k shield bank! :P

I can achieve 400k DPS with MD's, MT's do around double that, so... My Berserker would have killed your ShM faster, and I wouldn't have had to wait 6 minutes.

Unless I use physical weapons, my Berserker can still out-DPS my Sniper, (excluding temporary bonuses like a Sniper's Re-router, which are temporary).

I tried to find a way to implement Sniper into Olympus runs before the change, and I couldn't see any, not to bring into account what other people have already mentioned about just how useless it is in there when compared to other classes. Considering that Olympus is now end-game and therefore an important part of content it should be available to Snipers to participate in rather than just tag along as mission whores.

Sniper, frankly, was underpowered before in terms of DPS. Working on statistics, it would take approximately 3 snipers to replace 1 Berserker (using the same setup, for example, 2 CaL, 1 CaZ), and DPH < DPS by a large factor... Considering most AI have a large shield bank / resists and relatively high shield regen in this game.

As it is currently, Sniper achieves around the same (more, counting crits from analysis) DPS with non-phys weapons and more DPS with physical weapons, but they have to wait several minutes while staying below 40 speed and keeping a single target selected. They also still suffer from no resist bonus so Berserkers are still necessary as tanks.

Last edited by assasinat3r on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:31 am

Which means: Get some soaks in game, and people will use DPHit setups instead of just pure DPS :mrgreen:

The Voomy One wrote:

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:44 am
Team: Konohagakure
Main: Shawn
Level: 4121

A little feedback.

Me and Beelzebub have tested the new sniper skill and so far we thought of it not being what admins intended sniper to be like.

As admins have said before, sniper is supposed to be a sustained dps class, and with these new skills it's far from it. The problem comes with one aspect of sniper analysis which is ROF. In our opinion, the rof is uneeded in the class. I am doing 28k a shot(sniper analysis 100%) with a recoil lower then a second with a reaver laser, with a low mid sniper setup. If im not mistaken, there are many setup which would make it too broken.

It is like im doing burst dps for 10-15 seconds then the energy drains(burst DPS, more like speed demon is) so it doesn't make it a sustainable dps class. Our suggestion is to take the ROF off completely, and give us radar and elec bonus instead so we can power our weponds and not lose the target while pumping sniper analysis.

This suggestion will make sniper more like admins want it to be(or what i have understand) and i guess most people will agree with it?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:46 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

assasinat3r wrote:
The Lost One wrote:
This is my Lion, auged with CaL CaL AoD on test, as Sniper with a Mad Thorax, and Swifty + Maul. Analysis at 65%. Shield Monkey was dead in 3 seconds, and he has 300k shield bank! :P

I can achieve 400k DPS with MD's, MT's do around double that, so... My Berserker would have killed your ShM faster, and I wouldn't have had to wait 6 minutes.

Unless I use physical weapons, my Berserker can still out-DPS my Sniper, (excluding temporary bonuses like a Sniper's Re-router, which are temporary).

With any weapon after analysis builds up, Sniper does 50% more dps.

Going by class skills alone.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Mouse
Level: 4442

The thing is you have to sit looking at the same target for 10minutes which therefore makes it balanced.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:51 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Yeah. Analysis is useless in terms of pvp, and it only becomes useful on things that are worth sitting there for 10 minutes to analyze...in other words, limited to new ubers only.

Just as comparison, here are the new stats;

Sniper DPS boost without physical: 364.96%

Zerker DPS boost with any type: 600%

Sniper with Physical: 583.94%

A sniper with full analysis becomes somewhat insane, i agree; however, it is completely unusable without support of some sort, because they're limited to one target.

Essentially, both combat classes are now usable in terms of ubers, but zerks will continue to be used more often just because they're much more versatile, because of their impressive resists, DPS capabilities, and short-term DPS ability.

On the other hand, most teams will want to get a few snipers with this change, just because they'll possibly help out quite a bit on uber runs.

A suggestion; the absentis mission should be made repeatable, if it isn't already. People will want to make a different setup for uber runs than what they normally use.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Q: Does analysis work for bases and perma drones too?

The Voomy One wrote:

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Mouse
Level: 4442

Yes

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

VatFF wrote:
Q: Does analysis work for bases and perma drones too?

Works on anything targetable.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:44 pm

So it might work well in pvb i guess :P or against stationary DMs that doesnt redeploy drones :mrgreen:

The Voomy One wrote:

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:06 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

I really thought sniper was fine as well besides a small tweak for radar. The DPS is already fairly high and I don't even have a solid DPS set-up. Some classes have their niches and sniper filled one in the PvAI side just fine. And despite urban legend sniper is fantastic in pvp.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next