Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Do you support this change?
Poll ended at Sun May 14, 2006 3:07 am
Yes 83%  83%  [ 55 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Abstain 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 66

Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

And so on… Whether a commod/mission is needed I don’t know. IMO it shouldn’t be too expensive so people will bother training it on mule alts (and thus require more Skill points, to give insentive to lvl their Station Mastery 16 chars beyond lvl 80).

I absolutely love that part. Killing two birds with one stone.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:27 am
Profile YIM
Main: Shock
Level: 473

Slave AT bonus to Rad Xs, or make ubah version of Slave AT for Rad Xs... Or make Slave AT only Rad X...

Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:45 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

OK seeing as all your ideas are rubbish (with exception of GJ) I'll post my idea once again.

Remove, Slave mastery,Station Mastery, Drone Mastery

~Slaves~

Slaves have AT same as owner, but are the same as if they had no skill class bonuses.

Then add a skill called Slave Tweaking, this gives 4%(for example) bonus to all stats costing 5 SP per level (or possibly, even probably the same as the level) upto a level of 20,

~Drones~

Same except its 2% per level

~Stations~

Same except its 5% per level

This would almost cure low level station alts, drones would be useful to everyone AND everyone can make a base that doesnt blow up by anyone with 3 ares ship.

Then majorly rebalance AI by adjusting the AT that they have to suit the level.

Then re-adjust ruin prices

Then sit back and watch as people have little happy smiles because the gameplay has been opened up by about 10x.

~ferret

Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:47 am
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

that wouldt change alot in game, and make alot of people happy

Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:59 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

um.. "quote madferret here (but not really cuz its too big [just look at it again and then read this {just 2 posts up}])"
1st.... ROFLMFAO!!!!
2nd- that would screw the whole game over cuz i could be a slave/drone master + MF and rape everything in sight for fun without much trouble!
3rd.... do i have and/or need a third point?

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

the only way that "opens up" the gameplay is by allowing everyone to be good at everything. Why not just let every secondary be obtainable by everyone so that the game is easier? and then of course rebalance ai so that you have to get every secondary to advance, screwing over new players? unfortunately the current system advocates muling, but it also fosters diversity without which the game would die.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:22 am

feret said you wouldt have to rebalance ai, i think not all ai(not the lower once's), and mf + dm wouldt be worse couz u could only get 40% boost to drones

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:57 pm

The SP would balance it out anyway, actually you could have the new mastery as a zen type skill if this was to become a problem.

Also if people still think thats a problem it would be a lot easier to balance the boost which would effect all the skill classes

I also said that slaves wouldnt recieve a skill class bonus if that point wasn't clear.

A MF slaver with Jeff's proposal will be a lot stronger than what I suggested as it'd have the abilty to MF1, 200% damage boost and it would have zerker bonuses, plus AT of about 55 (200% boost to augs).

The main problem at the moment is that all the mastery skills are combining into EE,Merchant,CA and it all gets a bit pointless and confusing.

The way I see it a slave should be a copy of your own abilities, then the mastery should be a bonus to give them an extra edge.

Also dont forget with the current system drones and slaves are practically useless without mastery now, this would completly counteract that and in actualy fact the idea isn't that too disimilar to Jeff's its just done in a different way.

~ferret

Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:51 pm

wel the ferrets way it have more space for fighter chars maybe a sniper on my acount, and they coult all build bases later on

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:11 pm

Actually you could even make it more diverse by having slave(and drone and station) mastery skills for each skill such as damage,elec,rof, capacity, all using skill points and have the general tweaking skill reduced to half of what I said and use the extra skill to fill in the gaps.

~ferret

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:15 pm
Main: Macros
Level: 2799

What is the point of even having a Slave, Drone, Station master then? You are saying that everyone should be able to have the skills that I have plus thier regular skill.

This is a fundamental gameplay change. It would destroy the way the game is played.

Add in the fact that everyone will be building decent bases and the PvP level restrictions and you have galaxies that will never be able to taken without enough people at that low level (Hardest to get enough together).

This in my opinion is a step in the wrong direction for the game as you will have made the Station/Slave/Drone Master class insignificant.

Why do you think we choose this class? We like to build shit, We are not a Head on Fighting class. This is the difference between MF,SD,Sniper, Even Radx than the DM Class. We use drones and slaves. Not often do we use a weapon to fight. And alot of our time is spent on Bases and Base management/Building.

JeffL,
I think your idea is great. Having the s

Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:29 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Jeff, bear in mind nobody in the game has RC 20, and with that, no slave mastery 20, therefore, while people have the major boosts like MF 1 for slaves, I don't see how someone with Slave mastery 16 can do more than 2x damage. Unlock RC 17-20 and its a great idea.

RC 20 would be broken without any boost to combat skills already - you try 2 reaver slaves each with 2 zeus 1 exc combi or something at your ass... overloader titan on each and they rip apart about anything.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:56 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Jeff, bear in mind nobody in the game has RC 20, and with that, no slave mastery 20, therefore, while people have the major boosts like MF 1 for slaves, I don't see how someone with Slave mastery 16 can do more than 2x damage. Unlock RC 17-20 and its a great idea.

RC 20 would be broken without any boost to combat skills already - you try 2 reaver slaves each with 2 zeus 1 exc combi or something at your ass... overloader titan on each and they rip apart about anything.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next