Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Do you support this change?
Poll ended at Sun May 14, 2006 3:07 am
Yes 83%  83%  [ 55 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Abstain 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 66

Main: Shock
Level: 473

I think RA should get a slave bonus with rad weapons as WELL... They deserve SOMETHING as a talk point.

I definitely agree with this. Jeff, go search the little suggestion I made about Rad X and add it. When we will be happy ^^

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:40 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

2% per level is fine, no one at all will get it to 100 for a long time because of the sp cost
it would take 5050 sp, thats 1010 levels

Yay! finally it would be worth leveling again.

~ferret

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:56 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

IAmMe2 wrote:
Lt.Nelson wrote:
JeffL wrote:
Add Slave Augmenter Tweaking which increases the effects of augmenters on slaves by 2% per level and works like the Zen skills up to level 100.

Level 100 in that skill would be the player equivelant of Aug Tweaking level 55.

Wtf are you talking about? Level 100 would be AT 10, not 55...

Wtf are YOU talking about? AT 10 is 110% increase to augs stats. Slave Tweak 100 would be 200% increase to slaves augs.

I think that 2% per level is too much. 1% per level is too little. How bout 1.5%.

Each level of aug tweaking gives 20% boost to aug stats...

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:29 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

until after AT 5... they know what they're talking about

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:29 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

55 levels of AT equals 100 levels in the slave skill(200%)
First 5 levels = 20% So 5*20=100%
Last 50 levels = 2% So 50*2=100%
100+100=200%

:roll:

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:47 pm
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

The first 5 levels of aug tweaking do. After level 5, each level only gives 2% bonus. So a person with AT5 would have to be on an Emp team an additional 10 times to get just 20% more bonus to their augs.

Back on topic though.. the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to see that 2% per level isn't so bad. At level 50, your slaves get the equivelant of AT5. That is already a huge investment. If somebody is going to use the SP and creds to train it to 100, then they deserve that bonus.

An alternative idea would be to make Slave Tweaking just like Aug Tweaking. Each level up to 5 gives 20% bonus. Make it require a commod to train (not a difficult to obtain commod though), and only allow players to train it as high as the level of Aug Tweaking they themselves have.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:20 pm
Profile YIM
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:26 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

why shouldn't it cost as much as the regular aug tweaking is now? from what i'm guessing (level of it)^3 times 10 million creds. That's 360 mil for aug tweak 3, and if they think that's a good price for players to use, it should be a good price for slaves, since there are more of them around... if you make slave tweak like regular aug tweak (20% per level up to 5, 5% afterwards), prices should be like that, and maybe should cap at 3 and you get higher from emp runs...

Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:48 am
Main: Shock
Level: 473

Anyways, now Sniper and MFers are getting bonus for slaves (not about SDs), wouldn't it be at least fair to give Rad X slaves the rad damage bonus?

Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

IAmMe2 wrote:

The first 5 levels of aug tweaking do. After level 5, each level only gives 2% bonus. So a person with AT5 would have to be on an Emp team an additional 10 times to get just 20% more bonus to their augs.

Back on topic though.. the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to see that 2% per level isn't so bad. At level 50, your slaves get the equivelant of AT5. That is already a huge investment. If somebody is going to use the SP and creds to train it to 100, then they deserve that bonus.

The problem is, as you increase it on the low sp, low cost end, the increase in slave power makes it easier to do high levels dg, thus increasing cash income via trading these items to players, as well as decent leveling.

Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:26 am
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

An alternative idea would be to make Slave Tweaking just like Aug Tweaking. Each level up to 5 gives 20% bonus. Make it require a commod to train (not a difficult to obtain commod though), and only allow players to train it as high as the level of Aug Tweaking they themselves have.

Do slaves get your aug tweaking bonus as well?

If they don't, it looks fine (although I'd still want it tested to see just how uber 16 wing+ become) ~ if they do, there's an issue.

Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:29 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:37 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Why would a radiation expert have increased speed when that is the point of speed demon...

Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:02 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

Currently slaves do NOT get the aug tweak of the owner. They did last uni, along with an AI bonus (Like Extra regen).

I don't like this idea, I allready foresee 15 rounds of balancing AI's and ships and skills. Ill get back with something :)

Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:04 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

In my opinion slaves should NOT get secondary’s of their owner’s class.

First off, it would be hellish to balance. MF slaves (even only MF 2 weps) can be quite evil. Their slaves would be getting a 200% damage bonus, along with quite a bit of shield bonus. (Slave master 16’s get 40% ROF+40% damage=196%). The only “combat� bonus that Slave Master slaves gets over MF serker slaves is an elec bonus. Not to mention that SD slaves would be impossible to hit.

Besides, the MF allready does good damage without slaves, whereas the slave master does poor damage as he himself gets no skill bonus (Barring RadX&DM).

The AI’s would need to be balanced in such a way that everyone would NEED slaves to lvl, and I don’t think that’s a working concept.

Slave mastery (with Aug tweak) was balanced (compared to MF/sniper/SD) with 2% WITHOUT the AI bonus they got (which now is removed).

Conclusion:
I say that slaves should function as non-specialized.

Exception:
Merchant slaves should get the merchant bonus. It wouldn’t change anything combat wise, only trade wise.

Slave Aug Tweak (SAT):
5 bases made in a special galaxy.
Base 1, need Aug tweak 1 to dock here
Trains SAT to lvl 5, with 4% effectiveness per lvl, a steady 10 Skill points per lvl.
SAT5=20% aug tweak

Base 2, Need Aug tweak 2 to dock here.
Trains SAT to lvl 10, with 4% effectiveness per lvl
SAT10=40% aug tweak

And so on… Whether a commod/mission is needed I don’t know. IMO it shouldn’t be too expensive so people will bother training it on mule alts (and thus require more Skill points, to give insentive to lvl their Station Mastery 16 chars beyond lvl 80).

For fun:
Like Ring has the mining skils a base in the SAT galaxy could have the following skills, which are mostly related to trading slaves:

Slave speeding: +2 speed per lvl, max 5 lvl’s, 20 Skill points per lvl
Slave stuffing: +2% cap per lvl, max 10 lvl’s, 20 skill points per lvl (Only works when slaved, so thus only applies to trade slaves)
Slave tuning: +2% Thrust/turn per lvl, max 5 lvl’s, 20 skill points per lvl.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:10 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next