Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Do you support this change?
Poll ended at Sun May 14, 2006 3:07 am
Yes 83%  83%  [ 55 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Abstain 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 66

Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Imagine how much fun a MFM 3x caly pax would be to fly =D

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:57 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

YES Jeffl awsome, when will new client be ready ? :roll:

More seriously, it solves my issue :) toss GG overboard then let slave scoop... Could it be possible to tell it to equip it without docking ?

Like when u select a slave, status report u get a panel like the one we currently have for our own ship so we can manage the slave "from tyhe inside" (like equiping GG, quartz charger, and a complete report on what is on board)

And yes, do not boost us rad exp too much, we dont want another nerf later :P

Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:01 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

On the subject of AT being removed it was a nerf. The piece of code that made AT effect slaves (and other items) sure as hell didnt get in there on its own I'm sure it was always intended to do that just as slave were never intended to drop items.

Also I dont get this thing about RadX being so amazingly powerful the only thing I use it for is large commod runs. I used to DG and level but now thats virtually impossible until I save up the 5bil or so for Slave Research

~ferret

Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:45 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

They weren't nerfed. They had the AI bonuses bestowed to normal AI as well as Aug Tweak bestowed to them. That was a bug, it was fixed, not nerfed. Call it a a nerf if you want, but it's not really a nerf. Calypso

What I don't see is why BOTH the AI bonus AND aug tweak was removed at the same time. Why not start by removing the AI bonus and see how that worked out?

I off course agree that they shouldn't have had AI bonus.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:03 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Agreed, AI bonus was a bug... The other, it is hard to name it a bug :P

About the fact that slave drop, they used to looong ago, then they no longer droped (I admit it helped me go around the GG cost (and not the skill to use them anyway))... They resumed dropping at the same time they corrected a bug and nerfed slaves

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:37 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

I am curious as a merchant fleet master my current bonus for my slaves is 2% with this proposal my bonus would be another 1%.

MF 1 slaves would be better still (50% increase in firepower) so it the intention was to boost a couple of nerfed classes I think a rethink is in order.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:31 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I am curious as a merchant fleet master my current bonus for my slaves is 2% with this proposal my bonus would be another 1%.

MF 1 slaves would be better still (50% increase in firepower) so it the intention was to boost a couple of nerfed classes I think a rethink is in order.

What did you mean by your bonus to slaves is 2%?

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Oh I knew there was something, to mention in the Mastery/RadX calcs Jeff quoted 64% damage * 64% Rof = x2.67 boost which is true except for ROF cap, which almost always kicks in as most of the special augs have a ROF mod, therefore you can actually crank more damage with a MF, being as they have 200% plus any ROF boost they can get out of the augs.

So maybe some mastery versions of selected weapons, which have the same DPS, but slower recoil and higher damage, would solve this.

Elec bonus is not to be taken into consideration as the Sheild will soak up any advantage elec-wise. I realise that while a sheild isn't charging it isn't taking elec but how often would a sheild be not charging in a real fight?

~ferret

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:02 pm
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Post Re: Proposal on slaves
JeffL wrote:
Since slaves took the hit a little while ago, it's pretty clear that they are too weak compared to AI's and players to be that useful. Here is my proposal for changes to slaves:

Slave mastery increased from 2% to 2.5% per level.

Other classes will get to give 1/2 their class bonus to their slaves, with the exceptions that multifirer's slaves can only get multifiring 1. So a level 10 sniper will have slaves with sniper at level 5, etc.

Add Slave Augmenter Tweaking which increases the effects of augmenters on slaves by 2% per level and works like the Zen skills up to level 100.

Ummm as a new Merchant Fleet Master I find this idea freaking scary...

I haven't read through the other 13 pages but just the thought of this...

With Merchant Fleet Master 20: add +300% cap to slaves, +100% vis, +40% bonus to most other stats.

Now with the purposed changes a MFM can turn a Freighter Slave, and if possible when they are added Capital Ship Slaves, into combat ships.

With Merchant freighters get an extra +90% cap or +60% cap to capital ships, and +10% thrust and turning for both freighters and capital ships. With Merchant Fleet Master add another +22.5% cap to freighters and 15% cap to capital ships, also add +50% vis, Shield Bank +30%, Shield Regen +20%, Range +20%, and Tracking +20% for both freighters and capiltal ships.

Now that may not seem too bad with most of the freighters and I know the pax and app ward are tech 20, but what about something like the Didus Ineptus. It has speed 70, hull 450, 3 Augs, 2 weapons and is tech 11. It is going to have a rather large hull, 4189.5 by my calcs. If it gets a speed boost from the +40% to most other stats it ends up with 98 speed. The rest really depends on how you equip it but you don't need to put on any cap augs and so can focus on damage, enegery regen, shields ect. with the 3 aug slots. Is it just me or does this seem like a mean looking slave?

Merchant
Leave the fighting to the hotheads. (Capacity +9% to Freighters, 6% to Capital Ships, 4% to Heavy Fighters, and 2% to Light Fighters. Also +1% thrust and +1% turning to Capital Ships and Freighters.

Merchant Fleet Master
Preside over a fleet of spacious money-makers from your flagship. (Capacity +2.25% to Freighters, 1.5% to Capital Ships, 1% to Heavy Fighters, 0.5% to Light Fighters and (+5% visibility, Shield +3%, Shield Regen +2%, Range +2%, Tracking +2% to Freighter and Capital Ships) and (+15% capacity, +5% visibility and +2% bonus to most other stats on slaves.)

Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:53 am
Team: EternaI
Main: Big K
Level: 899

when are we getting slave tweaking so i can dg again

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:52 am
Main: The Praetorian
Level: 703

Mahaha new client, the 3D one, now sit and wait, might take 1 more year :lol:

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:59 am
Team: EternaI
Main: Big K
Level: 899

well once new client comes i wont be able to play unless i get better internet this suks lol i am going to be forced to get better internet

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:15 am
Main: Jenius
Level: 481

You wont need a better internet....its still the same game, its just the graphical client (or interface) will be better. the only reason you'd probably want/need to upgrade your ISP is if you want to download the game faster. but thats kinda doubtfull. How big can it be huh? 1GB and I prolly wont DL it. Might have to pay for someone to send me the client on cd, lol. shouldnt be more than 5 bucks. blank disk plus time.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:31 am
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

You wont need a better internet....its still the same game, its just the graphical client (or interface) will be better. the only reason you'd probably want/need to upgrade your ISP is if you want to download the game faster. but thats kinda doubtfull. How big can it be huh? 1GB and I prolly wont DL it. Might have to pay for someone to send me the client on cd, lol. shouldnt be more than 5 bucks. blank disk plus time.

Ragnarok's download was something like 1.4gb.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:14 am
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

i tend not to download things over 1Gig unless they're REALLY good

Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:10 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next